main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Nashville Fan Force Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Red-One, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    We are going to have a reorganizational meeting

Saturday September 27, 2008
    11:00 am
    Location: Edmondson Pike Library (5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville, TN 37211 615.880.3957

It is just the first meeting. We could discuss future meetings and see where everyone is coming from to find a central location for all.

I think we should keep this very open and fluid so everyone feels involved with the group.

-George (Red-One)

2. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    Overall, I agree. My concern is that the library would have the opposite noise issue...where we would be making too much noise for them. However, if you think it will be acceptable for the library staff to allow us to meet there, I am more than willing to come. The date and time is fine with me. :)

Others???

3. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    Sounds good to me! We are talking about the libary on Edmonson Pike, right? 'Cause I typed "Edmonson Public Library" into Google Maps and what it gave me was; "Public Library of Nashville and Davidson County: Edmondson Pike".

I just want to be absolutlely sure before I show up at the wrong one and feel all stupid. :)

4. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Right it is the Edmondson Pike library (5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville, TN 37211)

I believe that the library meeting rooms have doors on them. I will check to make sure. We can always meet elsewhere after this.

I will leave this open until tomorrow afternoon for any other comments (Friday, Sept 5) and then ask the administrator to post it for us on the main page

5. Shint_Sattare

Shint_Sattare Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2003
    I actually just realized I might be busy the whole weekend of the 20th. :eek:

Is there any way we could do it on Saturday the 13th or Saturday the 27th?

EDIT: Oh, and think the meeting rooms do have doors on them at that library.

6. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I can do the 27th
    I busy at the fair on the 13th

7. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Sounds good... I'll be there.

8. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    We have had a issue with the meeting room, however since word did go out that we would be there- we will stay at the Edmondson Pike Library (5501 Edmondson Pike, Nashville, TN 37211 615.880.3957) to avoid any confusion. We will meet at the seats along the window adjacent to the meeting room. We will have a sign to identify us.

This will be mainly an introduction meeting, but we will discuss some basic frame work of the future of the group.

Hope to see you there!

9. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    I was at the library... didn't notice anyone..with a sign anywhere near the meeting room. Trimaj and I were the only ones that showed...

We were there until about 12:30 or 1PM. Anyone still interested in meeting???

10. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    Sorry, I got called out of town cause of the economy going down the toilet.

11. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Indeed. A bad time to waste gas money.

12. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I was trying to text from an airport before, now I have a actual internet connection.

Back to the question, yes, however, my company is in turmoil cause of the economy mess (thus I was called to a special meeting this past weekend) so I dont know when I will be availiable.

13. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Even if you had been able to show up, there still would have only been three of us. The more people, the more activities and projects we could do. Also, more bodies allows plenty of people for several types of activities. Movie-goers can arrange theater meetings, gamers can gather online, board gamers can host or go play with others that want to have game nights.

Odds are good that among 20 Star Wars people, you are bound to find a few others that like to do what you want to do...whether its costuming, board/video games, movie nights, putt putt, or D-D/roleplaying tournaments. Decrease to ten people and your chances of finding the same interests in the others drop. Now maybe you share an interest with only one person in the group. That is fine for two-person activities like Chess or certain video/board games. Drop to only two people in the group and the likelyhood of finding common interests...and being able to meet are smaller.

Of course, I didn't expect 20 people to show up. But based on the posts in the Nashville posts here, I would have expected a few more to show. Since you were the one that was the coordinator for this particular meeting... we were looking for you...or more accurately, your sign. Obviously things come up. We know why you didn't make it. Maybe next time. But that doesn't count all those that seemed to want to start the group again...and were upset at the exclusive nature of the other group in Nashville After Darth (real or imagined). Is it just the three of us, or is there a larger group waiting to get involved? The goal of the meeting was, at least I thought, to figure this out.

So to everyone reading this board...who wants to get things going in the Nashville area again??? I thought it would take some activity to kick off the group again. However, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should try a virtual meeting/web-conference? Perhaps we need a Nashville activity board (or boards) on the forum to set things up. --but that was what this thread was...

Perhaps not enough Nashville people noticed the new meeting posts and are still waiting for details on the "is anybody out there?" thread. I don't know...just looking for ways to spark up activities.

14. Red-One

Red-One Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2005
    I supect that it has a lot to do with the old group. There are fellow fans in town, but they probably remember feeling excluded and have simply stayed away. Once bitten-twice shy.

Perhaps we should just keep the board going and see what happens after the new year?

15. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Keeping the boards going is essential... But it would be nice to have sme activities to build interest. The wait-and-see method is where we already are. I-) The closer we get to the holidays, the harder it will to start anything until after the new year. And there will always be things that come up.

However, maybe everyone's thinking they will be too busy until after the holidays. [face_thinking]

16. Lord_Kosh

Oct 20, 2005
    Hey there,

Any one that is interested in reviving the Nashville meetings/activities, we have a small group attempting to plan another meeting. Of course, the more that want to be involved, the better. :D

Plans are in discussion here: Meeting space needed

Please feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions for this meeting (perhaps March 7th) or future activities. So anyone interested in being part of the group, stop by the thread and post your thoughts. Long-time FanForce members and newbies welcomed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.