main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Nashville FanForce Chapter

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by elanrai, Dec 21, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey Hama,

How do we go about getting a chapter in the Nashville area? I know we have enough people to do so.

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Here's the step-by-step process (originally posted by Mr. K):

--------------------------------------

FIRST: See if your city already has a FanForce forum. If it does not, check to see if there is one for a city close to yours (this has worked for members who live outside a large metropolitan area).

SECOND: If there still is not a city close to you, you may start your own for your city IF there is enough interest from others in your city/town. You must have at least 3 or more people who are interested in starting a city forum and chapter, where at least three of these members are 18 or older.

THIRD: The city forum is established. From here you get to know one another and discuss ideas for your first event. Events can be anything from catching a movie to eating at a restaurant to attending a toy show or convention. It's up to you what you do for your events, and for safety reasons they must be in a public place, not at someone's house or church and have at least three people attending. Also, age IS an issue. There are a lot of members who are under 18 and this makes it difficult for them to attend events because of their age, parental restrictions and not having transportation. There is not much we can about this other than to invite the parents to be a part of it.

FOURTH: Once you have at least three successful events, your group can become an official FanForce chapter. As a newly formed chapter, the group is recognized as THE fan-force in that city. They will come up with a name for their group, like The Tulsa Supreme Council or The Madison FanForce, it's up to the group. It's up to the group how they will function, whether it be with a president, vice-president, secretary, outlying members or a parliamentary makeup or whatever. Then they will decide who will be their Forum Moderator(s) and City Representative. These positions can be held by the same person, in fact 99% of our current CR's are also moderators. Some of the larger groups may have more than one moderator to help with the load. The CR, who must be at least 18 years of age, represents the group and works closely with their RSA - Regional Support Admin. The RSA represents the entire region and works closely with Global Support, which is responsible for all of FanForce. The Forum Moderators are responsible for the content and upkeep of their city's forum - delete and close redundant or old threads. Bans and warnings are left up to RSA's and Global Support, but very rarely and almost never has this been necessary at FanForce.

FIFTH: Plan bigger and better events. As an official FanForce chapter, you have the clout of being a part of theforce.net and FanForce. Host a table at a convention or host the convention itself!. Rent a hotel conference room and watch the Trilogy. Host a special preview of a movie only for your members. Get on the local college campuses spread the word about your group; host a class just on the magic of Star Wars - it happened at my school! Work closely with local charities and non-profit groups and help with fund raising, this goes a long way in your community.

SIXTH: What started all of this, have the largest contingent of one group in the EP II and EP III lines! Get national exposure!

LAST: The possibilities are endless.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FORUM SETUP AT FANFORCE.NET WAS QUITE DIFFERENT THAN THE JC. Therefore, certain roles, like Moderator and CR may have different access setups.

----------------------------------------

Right now, we're at stage three: organizing three successful events. These don't have to be anything major -- getting together to catch a movie will do. This is designed in order to make sure that this is not simply an online community, but that we meet face-to-face as well. We must discuss these meetings in this forum, and inform the fanforce administration when/where/who (partly for liability reasons) by emailing them at fanforce@theforce.net when we have the details worked out.

I think we definitely could make a successful chapter here, as long as those who are already

3. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds good. Hey, did the filming events count as meetings? I know it wasn't really public, but quite a few people were there. I guess we need to get Tracy registered on here first, right?

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I think they should. Let's make sure we have 3+ members from the JC attending, and we can count it as an official meeting.

5. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Ok, I probably need to give ol Tracy a call and get him signed on the JC.

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Kevin, too. After all, Tracy isn't a Nashville area resident, just a frequent visitor. If he wants to regularly contribute and be considered part of the Nashville forum, that's fine by me, too.

7. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I will see if Kevin can come too. He talked earlier on about having plans this weekend, but I will see if it still holds. Unfortunately, Tracy's nearest city is Little Rock and he is in the upper right-hand corner of the state. Memphis would actually be his closest city, but I don't think he knows anyone there. I guess we can give him TN residence.

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    We'll make him an "honorary" Tennessee resident. You don't actually have to live in the city that you participate in (I lived in Muncie and posted in Indianapolis, a 50-mile drive). So get him signed up!

9. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Nice. Hey, do you have his email? If not, I can give it to you. We can bombard him with email to join up until he does. HAHA He'd get a kick out of that.

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah. I'll also leave a message waiting for him on ICQ.

Hey, you've got over 50 posts (and one star).

11. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey, I hit 50! YEAH!! I will give him a call tonight as well to touch base. I think he may have went out of town for the holidays. I will check though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.