main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Nashville Force (NAD) Custom Icon Contest

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Elan-Rai, Feb 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, word is around FanForce that all the official chapters can now create their very own custom icons for the boards!! YEA!!

Here are the details: Below each icon will display City Rep or FF Member. Just take a look at Admins and City Reps around the board for a more descriptive look.

If you are interested, post a link to your talent in this thread and we, as a chapter, will vote on it! Happy painting! :D

2. padmeamidala55

padmeamidala55 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2001
    I can't draw but I have an ideal for our coustom Icon, The background on the icon could be the outline of Nashvile And at the bottom of the icon Nashville After Darth. What do you think?

3. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    That's fine, but someone needs to draw it so I can see what it looks like on a computer. ;)

4. padmeamidala55

Jul 24, 2001
    maybe Jeditoren can design it? or K Kanos?

5. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Here is our NAD T-shirt logo re-vamped for the sake of time and effort. If anybody else has any other ideas, by all means go ahead and come up with something. :) Between the shirts and the flyers, I just don't have much time to do anything else with it. Your suggestions are welcome though.

[image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADlogo.jpg]

Elan-rai, let me know what size it needs to be. I can scale it down if need be.

6. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    K Kanos, here are the dimensions:

50x60 pixels

Here's the deal. One icon needs to say FF Member underneath and another that says City Rep.

7. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I tried to shrink down the image little by little and man did it distort it to death. 50 x 60 pixels is real puny. Well, here it is: :(
    [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADlogoTINY.jpg]

I only did the FF Member one because I just don't think it will fly. At that size, its kind of blury. If its good enough, I'll make the Admin one. If not then someone else please make an attempt. At even 100 pixels, the image looked 10Xs better. Oh well, Just let me know if you want me to make the other one.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Okay, I thought I would bump this back to the top to see if anyone else has made anything.

9. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I like the icon from our new City Rep. It looks cool enough for me.

10. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I have an idea for something a little cleaner. I'm going to use another Vader head, a larger and reduced expanse of cityscape and NAD I think instead of Nashville After Darth because it gets too small and distorted by the limited amount of pixels required. I'll post something sometime next week probably ;)

If anybody else has an inkling to come up with something else, by all means have at it. :)

11. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Here is another one, perhaps a little cleaner and simpler than the last. It's still too stinkin hard to get it clear with the size restraints, so I had to improvize and simplify it more than I wanted too. [image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADlogo2.jpg]

Let me know what you think. ;) I welcome any constructive criticism you can give.

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I definitely like this one the best. One prob though: You need to have FF Member underneath it instead of Nashville After Darth. Would there be a way to minimize NAD somewhere in it as a way to abbreviate our name? Also, don't forget to put City Rep under another. So, you'll have 2 icons total.

All in all, this latest icon rocks! :D

13. padmeamidala55

Jul 24, 2001
  14. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Got it. Here it is. If everyone thinks its good enough, go ahead and submit it Elan-Rai. ;)

[image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADFFMEM.jpg]

[image=http://www.scottjohnstonart.com/sys-tmpl/nss-folder/scrapbook/NADcityrep.jpg]

Next project.....Flyers
    These should be a walk in the park next to the T-shirt designs :)

I now see clones in my nightmares and they are beating me up with their musical instruments [face_laugh]

15. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    It seemed what Scott came up with was the best, so I had them uploaded to the server. If you want a NAD icon go change it now!! :D

16. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Works for me. ;) Man , that logo is tiny. Whew!

17. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    I like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.