main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN Nashville forum -- spoilers or no?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Hama, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    We need to come to a consensus here in the Nashville forum as to whether we should allow Ep. II/III spoilers in general discussion. I am one who reads all of the spoilers on TFN's E2 page, and I help moderate the E2/3 SA forum here on the JC, so of course, I don't mind seeing spoilers here. Still, we need to come to an agreement with the members of the group here. The way I see it, we have three choices:

1. All spoilers, all the time.
    2. Spoilers allowed, but you must put the word "spoilers" in the thread title as a warning.
    3. No spoilers whatsoever.

This should not necessarily be a "majority rules" situation, since I would hate to drive away someone from our forum that does not want to hear about E2 before it is released, therefore I will vote against option #1. If a significant number of the group does not want to discuss anything that might involve spoilers, then we may have to nix it for this forum, and direct everyone to the board for E2/3 (Spoilers Allowed).

We should also keep in mind that some people may arrive later to the forum, and we should keep the future of the forum in mind. Therefore, I vote for option #2.

Comments?

2. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    I will have to cast my vote for option #2. I do like spoilers, but would rather know about what I am getting into in advance. I know some people that become irratable when they "accidentally" stumble upon spoilers. So, again, I vote for #2.

3. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I think I'll continue the voting until New Year's Day. We'll make our decision then. There will be no hand recounts. ;)

4. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey, or we could let the Supreme Jedi Council decide the vote. It could be close along partisan lines.

5. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    "Hanging chads" will be counted, but "pregnant chads" will not.

How did Chad get pregnant anyway...?

6. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I think we should ask Tipper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.