main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Nashville Imax confirmed !

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by skip1, Oct 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    hey everyone,

i just confirmed with the nashville imax that they will be showing EP2 starting on Nov 1st.they had to bump lion king to do it but its a done deal.

I am currently working on an appearance there that opening night.The 501st has been asked to be at all of the imax openings.I would encourage any of you that want to come see it to do so that friday night.I would also encourage any of you with costumes to bring them.if the appearance thing works out there may be up to a dozen troopers and such and so no-one will be out of place dressed up.

If there are a few of you that would like to get together with the nashville FF and possibly the memphis FF then post it here.We are working on getting something together at "Jillians" a restaurant across the hall in the mall.The opry mills mall is pretty big and the imax is located at one end.There is a big open area and a few restaurants.jillians has an arcade and is pretty big as well.perhaps we could all meet there before/after the movie.

ill keep updating you guys as to whats happening.

talk to ya later
    skip

2. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Thanks for the good word, Skip!! I know a lot of us will be interested to hear the when and where of any major activities.

3. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    skip1,

Any word on how long AOTC will be playing? I am not going to be able to make it opening weekend and it looks like I won't be able to see it till sometime in Dec.

Thanks!!

4. Alli

Alli Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2002
    *waves HI to everyone*

Anyone interested in doing this should go! :D

and if any of you are concidering joining the 501st... :) Give me a holler and I'll see what we can do :)

~Alli
    SL-1135
    Southern Outpost CO
    Church Hill, TN

5. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    *Waves hi to Alli*

6. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Chattanooga fans--Obivolkenobi and I-- plan to go to Nashville IMAX November 13, time to be decided once the viewing schedule is out.

I'll be checking back here later in case anyone wants to go see it then.

7. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    Can someone pick me up a Bantha Tracks #0 when one of you go to the opening night?

Thanks,

Barry

8. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, me and Dave are probably going to make it to the show for November 1st in Nashville. I'm not sure what time exactly, but we will be there if everything pans out.

If not, the thing comes out less than two weeks later on DVD, so no big loss.

9. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    It appears at this time the services of the 501st and fans in middle tenn are not needed at the opry mills imax theater in nashville.
    we have been unable to secure any fan activities at the nashville location.

skip

10. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    I will know by thursday wheteher or not I can make it Friday for sure, so if I can maybe I can meet some of you guys there? Let me know.

11. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    things are looking better today,
    i just received word that we(501st & rebel legion) may be there on friday nov 1st afterall.

ill let you guys know any info on the opening night activities as i get it.
    skip

12. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I am planning on going Monday.....gotta work the other days.

Anybody else want to go?

13. cutiger

cutiger Jedi Youngling

Sep 4, 2002
    Has anyone found out how long Nashville will have AOTC? I'm not going to be able to make it till sometime in Dec. I know that may be asking alot but hopefully they'll still have it.

Barry

PS Another plea for someone to pick me up a copy of the #0 Bantha Tracks!!!

14. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I think I just read at ArtoosNews.com that at least some of the theaters will have it for two months.

I also want one of the BanthaTracks

15. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    hey everyone.
    its been an uphill battle but it does appear that we will have a great turnout.we are meeting with the theater tommorrow and i'll have more info tommorrow night.
    we will have a number of troopers there and also possibly mara jade.jango fett will be there.ill be there as vader(my costume rocks)
    the stormtrooper costumes are awesome and the mara jade and fett costumes look perfect.there will be alot of other characters as well.if you guys have a website up send a link over to "jeditoren" he's putting together a sheet we'll be handing out that has websites for the fans to go to.theres a chance that the news/newspaper will be there also.
    if anyone wants a great night to come than this is it!i hope to see you guys over here.
    ill try to find out the showtimes tommorrow since they arent listed yet.
    thanks everyone
    skip

16. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It's official now that I will be there on Friday. Does anyone know what time all this 501st and various other activities will occur? Let me know.

Oh and btw, given all this I will bring my ANH vader lightsaber replica (an MPP replica complete with authentic Exactra calculator bubble strip and corrected sidebars) with me. The grips still aren't pemenantly on it pending the new discovery on how many grips the saber had, but oh well it's still friggin' sweet! :)

See you guys Friday!

17. ginadiggers

ginadiggers Jedi Youngling

May 18, 2002
    I will be driving, so if anyone would like a ride, I need to know by Thursday. I am not sure what time we will be leaving yet, but It will probably be around noon.

18. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    hey there,
    imax update,

we will indeed be having a 501st/rebel legion/fanforce appearance at the imax friday night.we will be there in costume from around 6:00 or so up until 10:00 or so.
    we will have many costumers there from the 501st as well as the rebel legion.we will be handing out the bantha tracks to the patrons as they enter the theater area.we may have some additional items to give away so any of you that make it over be sure to find us and let us know who you are.I believe we are getting some badges made for our volunteers so look for those.
    opry mills is a pretty cool mall,very clean.theres alot of restaurants and a nice sized food court.they are expecting a sellout though there are tickets available still.
    here are the showtimes;
    12:40
    3:30
    7:00
    9:30

im not sure if they will give out the bantha tracks to the earlier show or not.if theres enough they may ,if not we may wait until the later shows when we'll be there.

be sure to bring your cameras!

see ya

19. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Nevermind, I found out how to buy tickets and I will try to get some tonight.

20. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, we will be there for the 3:30 p.m. showing tommorrow and will probably hang for a while to catch all the costume fun. See you guys there!

21. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    morning everyone,
    i just wanted to stop in and say thanks to you guys who made it over.we had a really good turn out of fans and costumes.i got to meet jarjar and see his incredible lightsaber he's building.Unfortunately i didnt get to spend much time talking but it was cool to meet you guys none the less.

Thanks for introducing yourselves.ill email you some pics when we get them.Glen(stormtrooper)has a friend that turns video tapes into dvd.he got video of us all night long and i will try to send you guys one and you can show it at one of your meetings.

cya

22. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    It was great meeting all you guys too! I had a lot of fun in Nashville and I enjoyed the movie very much albeit the size was simply overwhelming. My only real gripe was with some of the editing decisions and the fact that at my showing at least, one person had not seen the full movie even once and the IMAX version was his first time seeing it. To me, when Chancellor Palpatine makes his suggestion that "an old friend, like Master Kenobi" watch over the senator it made the whole film, but that was gone along with much of the love story and I feel bad that even one person may never know that.

Oh well, it was still a fantastic visual experience and I give big Kudos to LFL and DMR, and yes I want to see that tape or DVD ASAP! You guys really made my day! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.