main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Natalie Portman in EpII

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Skywalk272, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    So I checked the official thread list and didn't find this. Although there is a thread for acting in general, I feel she deserves her own thread. She had one for a while, but then people got a little too personal, perhaps even me. So While talking in this thread stick to the film as much as possible. However, tid-bits and neat things from the media are also welcome. Many of us know where she goes to school, but that and other personal information is not to be mentioned. I do think it prudent to talk a little about her ideals/morals, outlook on the world if the visitors to this thread so wish, because I find that she does have some important things to say. However, when that horse has been beaten return quickly to film talk.

Oh yeah and we can always talk about how hot she is too. [face_love]

2. jason_at_uofa

jason_at_uofa Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 13, 2001
    Are you calling my girlfriend hot?

3. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    *shinks back* ummmm to be honest yes!

Lucky you . . . you . . person I don't believe even one bit! :p

4. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    actually this should be titled:

"the sixth and final thread on Natalie Portman in AOTC"

I agree with the mods, only new boards can be made be mods

5. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Actually, I asked permission to do this- I don't thik the title needed to be changed, but oh well.

Edit: I was given the go ahead by the guy who locked the other Portman thread- Son of Sons. I take full responsibilty for this thread and as you see I have laid out some important rules beforehand.

6. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Well, folks, I'm off to bed- so be good. I can't be here all the time. I'll give you a topic . . .

Which of Natalies portrayals do you like better? Padme the helpless in a big melting pot, or indestructable padme who recovers quickly from injury.

. . . talk amongst yourselfs

*cough* I'm ferclempt
    Night!

Edit: Liz also went to bed already, but she wants me to ask another MOD if this can be an official thread. I'm asking this way instead of PMing so ya'll can have a little MOd huddle or something about it. I think its wise to have a properly run offocial thread, but I really don't count in the long run. :)

7. Drason_OBEXX

Drason_OBEXX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I went on a few dates with Natalie back in high-school.

She's a very sweet girl, nothing serious happened though.

8. Razorback

Razorback Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh yeah? What school was that? Also.. once you tell me (since I used to live in her home area) I will test you on some landmarks etc. :D

By the way... she is so HOT! :) Oh and I think she is a rock solid actress too (what happened to calling women "actors" instead of "actresses"? that was a big deal for like one year).

RB

9. ryanof1

ryanof1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2000
    She was much better in AOTC. At least she wasn't dubbed over this time.

10. Drason_OBEXX

Drason_OBEXX Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    LOL.....oh you're gonna quiz me?

Damn, I didn't know people were up as late as me.

Syosset High

11. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Hey guys go to PM for that stuff please- remember we can't let this get personal.
    Its good to hear from people who know her that she is a sweet person and all, but lets leave it at your own thoughts and feelings and not too much on hers.

Now . . . What was your favorite seen she did?

12. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Good morning and uppers
    NO change in title hmmmm?
    Makes me sad-oh well.

13. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Have we really talked about this too much. Perhaps I was wrong to do this.

14. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    my fave scenes are:

Almost all of them...

My biggie fave is:

When she runs to Anakin in the picnic scene...and she and Anakin roll around on the grass...

um.... what else... oh yeah...the love pledge... the part when she jumps down from the piller and onto to the reek-and kisses Anakin. Sweet. and....

yeah...almost all of them... :D

15. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    whew! I thought this thread was doomed. Thank the maker! I mean . . . Anakin. .. no well you know I'm just glad.

You liked rolling in the rolling in the grass? Amazing how intergalactic materials don't get grass stains! :)

I wonder how many times it took to get that scene just right? That's alot of rolling.

16. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    yup... I guess so :) [face_laugh] I like her outfit in the picnic scene... mmmmmmmmmmmm

17. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Theres a whole thread on just her outfits she has so many . . . so maybe we should try to stay away from that . . . .

but they really do help the mood of the scene.

Ever notice how the white costume in its entirety is the exact opposite of Anakins? She has kind of a flowing cape thing and all. Puts new imagry to the whole "Are you an angel business."

I'm thinking of her face as she watches Anakin say his final goodbyes to his mother. That is actually the saddest she looks in the whole film.

18. -MACE-WINDU-

-MACE-WINDU- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Hey, hehe. Now you made a thread :) My thread like this was locked :( Poor me! Anyways, I think that of all the acting, Natalies was porbably the best.

19. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Have you guys noticed, that when she was riding in that refugee ship with Anakin back to Naboo, there were alot of people dressed in a kind of Muslim fashion?? It looked great, and she looked great in them too. Was this made to be kind of real like it is today, when so many refugees are Muslims??

20. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Ok, since this is a free thread...

Portman sucks! J/K

21. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    :( BAD FREE PRESS :)

22. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Mace, your thread was becoming too personal, that's why it was locked. Don't let this one get personal and we'll be fine.

23. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    :( To personal :( I though I toned it down a bit anyway. I just said about that Muslim thing, is that too personal??

24. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    No not at all, I was just talking about the last thread- and it wasn't just you . . . there were others.

Anyway- I think the idea on the refugee ship was to not to emulate a particular culture by chance, but to make it seem this is what normal every day folk going to Naboo might wear. Though Anakin kind of looks Tatooinish.

25. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Aha. I did think it was a very good touch. It made it more realistic, than by just making 'state-of-the-art' kind of refugees. It looked great, especially on Padme :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.