main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Natalie Portman in EpII

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Skywalk272, May 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MACE-WINDU-

-MACE-WINDU- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    OK, lets strike this thread up agian...

2. skuLLdaDDy

skuLLdaDDy Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    ummm...i had a dream last night that she was at my house :)

3. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Nothing new, I have it every night :)

4. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    What about here skills. I mean, that in EP2, it seemed that she knew some sort of martial art at times. What kind of training did she get before making AP2?

5. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    EEERRR, not very popular is she?? Or as Yoda puts: Popular, she is not.

I hope something strikes up here.

6. skuLLdaDDy

skuLLdaDDy Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    that would be interesting if padme is supposed to be skilled in some sort of martial arts....after all, i have heard that she is supposed to have some force powers.

7. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    i have said this before, but I think she would make a great Jedi.

8. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    yeah..probably... :p hehehe mmmmm

9. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Mesa Back!

Serious question, I am NOT trying to cause trouble, which is why I won't say what we all know in the context of my question. Why is mentioning something like where Portman goes to college (where I happened to graduate from a few years ago) considered a problem? Something like that is pretty common knowledge. I really just don't understand why that can't be mentioned.

Well, I'm not sure exactly. I know its something she doesn't want to be shared too often. It just got out ineveitably. Even Rosie talked her into being able to reveal it. Mainly, I think its because from there, you can only get more and more personal. I think the last straw of the last thread was that it lead to people starting to talk about her real last name. (so forget I said that)

Bye the way, if you've met her- please DO share any of your own impressions of the actress. Just don't reveal anything personal she might have told you.

10. DANA28

DANA28 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 15, 2002
    Well,

I was wondering how she'll be aged in Episode III because her character will be almost 30. She has to have some aging.

11. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Really? I thought EPIII was only about 2-3 years after. Making her about my wifes age.
    26-27.

(That's right boys you don't have me for competition)

Perhaps the lines of stress and heartache might be a nice touch, but we'll see.

12. jedimaster5615

jedimaster5615 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 23, 2002
    I thought her acting was done extremely well. Her character in this movies allowed for a more dynamic portrayal than in TPM. As for the love scenes: whats the problem. She did a fine job. I also enjoyed the action scenes. Especially the part where shes on top of the post thing and that beast is trying to attack her.

13. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I wonder if she did her own stunts on that. Can Natalie really climb like that? :eek:

Also the swing kick was pretty good. I think their may have been some movie magic for that though. She seemed to be swinging for a longer time than usual.

By the way, welcome to the forums Jedi Master. :)

14. DarthSakroc

DarthSakroc Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 10, 2001
    SkyWalk272 - Thanks for the response. I see what you say. I can understand that she wants her privacy, but I just don't see why she is getting what I see as special treatment relative to that of other movie stars. I'll abide by what the mods I guess see is right for these boards, because I respect the efforts they make, but I just don't necessarily see it as a big deal worth going against freedom of speech. That I am not a gossip hound makes me not really care too much about "taking a stand" on this.

As to what I know about her from going to the same school, I know nothing. I was gone before she got there.

15. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    A few pages back, someone said that she had erect nipples in some scenes... well, take a look...

http://www.geocities.com/lt_cmdr_thrawn/padmeboobs.jpg

16. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I realized that as soon as I realized how long you had been gone- but what I said still goes. I see your point too- i'm just trying to follow the rules, even though I'm really not sure what they are myself :p .

As for special treatment- As far as I know she is the only one who even bothered to change her name of the whole cast. It has to so with that her family is just a bit extra cautious, and I think the whole idea is to try to respect that. I have to admit though, it makes her all the more interesting and mysterious.

Enough of that though- anybody know anything about the "on top of the pillar" stunts/special effects that were done?

17. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    natalie is hot [face_love]

18. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Double Sting, You know- beyond all this talk that is the most important thing isn't it? :D

Error: Only one message per minute allowed or I will be dealt with by aggresive negotioations!

19. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    A couple of days ago I watched the Making Episode II videos on Starwars.com and I don't remember seeing anything about the scene with the pillars.

20. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    One of my favorite scenes in the movies was when Padme told Anakin that she loved him. I thought it was done very well.
    Throughout the entire movie I felt sorry for Padme because she was falling in love with this guy who is going to become Darth Vader. I thought the two actors did a good job in showing their love.

21. coolkyp

coolkyp Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    Natalie is cool

22. jedimaster5615

May 23, 2002
    Natalie Portman is by far the best female actress in the entire Star Wars series.

23. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Considering the other female lead is Carrie Fisher, who also does a gret job, their really isn't that much to compare too is there? :p

We know all Anakin's complexities, but Natalie has quite a challange with Padme too.

1. Like you said- she has to be totaly in love at the end.

2. She has to play the strong Senator.
    3. She has to seem cute and small as she remembers her home to Anakin.
    4. She has to play the helpless damsell.
    5. She has to be horrified, yet at the same time try to sympathise with the tormrnted Anakin.
    6. She has to be a head strong realist who is shows great discomfort fighting her own inner battle.
    7. She has to show signs of great leadership.

The only one she has a little bit of problem doing to me is #3.

24. Darth_Kyber

Darth_Kyber Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 4, 2002
    natalie is hot

25. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    That little detail is really hard to get past isn't it? :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.