main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Natalie Portman = Natalie Hershlag?!!

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by TrueJedi, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CommanderJamesBond

CommanderJamesBond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    it was a shock to find out sum 1 as beautiful as her came from an israeli background

From what I hear, Israeli chicks are hot.

2. Luminara_Sai

Luminara_Sai Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 14, 2004
    "i always thought she was american n hat was her real name aka natalie portman but it was a shock to find out sum 1 as beautiful as her came from an israeli background"

Ermm...Sorry but that really sounds like your suggesting only beautiful people come from America...

Natalie is an awesome actress as well being beautiful, and she's really smart as well. I think she is a great role model for girls everywhere(unlike the rather weak Padme in ROTS).

3. Jedi_Coleman_Trebor

Jedi_Coleman_Trebor Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Yeah, personally, If I were her, I'd have changed it to Portman too. Then again, my own last name isn't much better than Hershlag. Besides, her agent probably had her change it anyway. That's normal in Hollywood as far as I know.

4. SabeForQueen

SabeForQueen Jedi Youngling

Oct 2, 2002
    Re:someone's comment about it being "sad" that Nat is from Israel, I kindof agree. I don't think I mean it in a bigoted sense. It's just that "Israel" is one of the few completely red-button country names out there. I mean, like if an actress was a Sunni Iraqi or Taleban Afghanistani or something. You know her background is a wartorn country mired in political conflict. Isn't that sad?
    She probably has friends who are/were soldiers (I believe there's a draft there), who have stared down rock-throwing kids, raided homes, and conducted armed searches of ambulances at checkpoints. On the flip side, she probably has neighbors, friends, who have witnessed or been blown up in a suicide attack while at the local market! There's such relentless misery there and a need for justice. :( I care about what is going on there, so when I see the country's name pop up in random places (like an entertainment-geared SW forum) I wince a little.
    Sorry, I know that was a very political aside, I think I was swept up by all the political themes of the PT into drama. :)
    About the whole beauty thing, tho, I don't get. Unless if it's the sentimentality factor. Like, "no one that young should die!" ??

5. topgoalscorer_no11

topgoalscorer_no11 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    On the flip side, she probably has neighbors, friends, who have witnessed or been blown up in a suicide attack while at the local market!

LOL, believe it or not, it's possible she might not know anyone who's been blown up, as millions of people live in Israel, and a few thousand have been killed over the last 30 years.

I used to live in Northern Ireland during the 1980s and incredibly, I never witnessed a single shooting, and none of my friends were blown up or involved in violence on either side!

6. SixEagle

SixEagle Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2002
    I guess it's not all that kept of a secret anymore. IMDB has her birth name up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.