main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Natalie POrtman up for grabs

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Pixelito, Aug 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixelito

Pixelito Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    crappy temporary amidala texture is here

texturing stage begins this week.

2. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Nah, nah, dat sh!t is great, brah! I just wish I could learn how to properly unwrap head meshes once and for all...

Carl

3. Pixelito

Apr 16, 2002
    HERE is a look at the first stage of the actual texture... the other one was just a test, i am now starting to texture for real. my mom got me the photoshop 7 upgrade from the CU Bookstore the other day, and it is SWEEET.

oh, and i've settled in nicely here at the beautiful University of Colorado, Boulder. :D

4. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    carl have you tried texaporter to unwrap the heads?

5. Pixelito

Apr 16, 2002
  6. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    pixelito, have you thought about having one layer that is like a darkesh red color that relfects the light, then another layer that looks normal? Render them out seperatly and the add them ontop of each other in photoshop or after effects

7. CarlCampbell

CarlCampbell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2002
    Pixelito, theres something I really like about that model and I've decided its the eyebrows. The MOMENT I LOOK at them I see Natalie. Maybe you should work on the eyes a bit, Nat has some unique eyelids too... not to mention the lips and... everything else. But those are her main recognizable features.

Carl

8. Pixelito

Apr 16, 2002
    [image=http://pixelito.tripod.com/images/textures.txt]

9. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    it looks ok, just not real i cant put my finger on it though. I think it could be the lack of imperfections in the skin, or maybe lacking the softness in the ears and nose. but its a wip and i understand that its not done but keep up the good work!

10. ObiMcD

ObiMcD Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I think the main problem is that the flesh tone on the face is different than the remainder of the head, darken the rest of the head.

11. Pixelito

Apr 16, 2002
    it must have been the lighting... i had 64 fills and 3 key lights. i adjusted the key lights to give a more balanced look.

12. Pixelito

Apr 16, 2002
    drag&drop

i hope you like this update because i'm just about done with the texturing... i'm not going for photoreal. next i do the hair, and then the blendshapes.

13. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Ah the pics do not work with me!

14. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
  15. SamS

SamS Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I was checking out your site, and I think part of the reason why you model doesn't quite look like her (as you said in the 9/16 update) is because the nose is tad too long, thus her cheeks are longer too. Could her jowls be a little to pronounced as well?

What might tie it all together are eyelashes.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.