main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-=Natalie Portman=-

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RedRoyalGuard, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MACE-WINDU-

-MACE-WINDU- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    Does Padme die in Episode 3???? I have heared that she is taken away to a planet and placed under the protection of Obi. remember when Leia said, "she was very beautiful, but always sad" ?? It seems very sad for me to accept that the great relatioship going on between her and Ani, will be broken apart. It for some reason seems more realistic than any other part of the movies that I have seen.

2. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Thats cool.

3. AL-Skywalker

AL-Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2002
    I think that Natalie Portman is

1) Absolutely GORGEOUS !

2) Did a FANTASTIC job portraying Amidala/Padme in both TPM and AOTC !

What really gets me boiling is how the critics accuse her of being "stiff" and "wooden", etc. They obviously don't know what they are talking about.

She is supposed to be "formal", after all, she is a Senator and a former Queen. Her character has been involved in public service since she was a child.

There is a great moment in the book - I don't know but I assume it is one of the scenes cut from the film, that I hope they put back in for the DVD - where Anakin sees two pictures of Padme as a child. One BEFORE she enters public service where she is smiling. One AFTER, where is is very serious and formal.

I think that says it all - and explains why she puts on this very formal appearance in the films - and doesn't let he true self show until she starts feeling a romantic attraction for Anakin.

4. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Yes, I perfectly agree with you on that one. she did great in both films. I mean, diplomats are usually so into their work and stuff, that they often just forget so much, and sometimes emotions are the things that are lost, and only through sad, and often deathful pain, do they emerge agian.

5. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Just curious, did Natalie read the scripts for the older Star Wars trilogy????

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    The thing I like best about Natalie is the way she combines her beauty and talent with class, an element missing from far too many "Hollywood" types these days. But she also finds ways to act like the silly 20-year-old girl from time to time, which is refreshing but also makes her more "real" to regular folks like us.

A long time ago, a friend of mine said there are two types of girls: the kind you'd want to throw down on the Serta and go crazy with (like Britney, Christina, etc.) or the kind you marry, and Natalie seems like the latter of the two, which in my book, is a good thing.

Thank goodness no one will get me mixed up with that RedRoyalGuard poser anymore....*whew*

7. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    HEHE man, sorry, didn't think there was already one when I signed up. I do agree with you on that one. She is both attractive, and still seems caring, compassionate. She just makes everything fall inline. Thats something almost noone has.

8. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Natalie Portman is important because you needed someone that the audience could believe that Anakin would be in love with for 10 years and wow, does she fit the bill!

9. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Dangerous and disturbing this stalker is.

10. Nunquam

Nunquam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    You know, the disturbing thing is how quickly some "fans" can turn on her.

A couple of years ago, when tabloid pics appeared of her sunbathing topless in the Caribbean while on vacation, you could hear the boyish fantasies crashing for weeks. So many went ape-poodoo and saying "she lied" about the kind of person she was, and that she was just another Hollywood floozy. (I'm not exaggerating.)

Same thing happened when she was "romantically-linked" to Lukas Haas/Moby/Hayden/guys from her school/etc. Suddenly she was this evil and wanton woman in the eyes of some disappointed male fans who had idealized her as the Virgin Queen.

Scary.

11. AL-Skywalker

May 22, 2002
    Nunquam:

I noticed that your signiture is the line by Jango Fett to Obi-Wan in Jango's quarters (One of my favorite Obi-Wan scenes where he stares him down in old-fashioned James Bond style). I seem to recall reading in the book and/or screenplay that Obi-Wan replied "Aren't we all", or something to that effect. That was one of my favorite lines, but apparently it was cut from the film.

12. Nunquam

Apr 1, 2000
    AL-Skywalker: That would've been great if they had left that line in!!! Made the tension even higher!

I'm a big fan of Temuera Morrison...when he said a few months ago that was his favorite line, it became mine as well.

13. Darth_Yorrick

Darth_Yorrick Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    can be sumed up in one word: umph!

14. waheennay

waheennay Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    Oh yeah, I remember that line too. That scene is a great contrast to the romantic stuff because Obi-Wan knows this is the bounty hunter he's been tracking, but he doesn't betray his thoughts or say it out loud, whereas Anakin reveals everything he's been feeling to Padme.

15. DarthGunray

DarthGunray Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Natalie Portman is just one of those people you can't help but love. She's smart, classy and beautiful. I find her to be the most attractive woman in Hollywood. I especially applaud her ability to stay out of the spotlight and keep it from getting to her head.

BTW Those tabloid pics were very sleazy. I mean, you can tell that Natalie wasn't even aware of the guy who shot them. I just wish they'd never been taken. It just wasn't right.

16. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Tabloids=Devil

17. Nunquam

Apr 1, 2000
    From what I've read in interviews, she seems to have come to terms with the movie-star gossip and "star-struck" fans. "I do it too..." is basically what she says. She seems a lot more understanding about and comfortable with the whole "movie star" thing.

And as far as I know, not a single interviewer has asked about or even referred to the tabloid stuff...I think that says a lot about how people feel about her.

18. DarthGunray

DarthGunray Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    My sentiments exactly. [face_plain]

EDIT: Referring to the Tabloids=Devil thing.

19. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Is that topless thing true???? I never really heard of that. Anyways, she is a women that it is impossible to really hate. Point for Point, there is just something about her that always adds up to a smile on my face, and on many others.

20. AL-Skywalker

May 22, 2002
    Exellent point, waheennay !

The film has many great contrasts! Something else the critics refused to give credit for - the fact that Anakin (very true to his character starting back in TPM) is very open with his feelings - very honest and forthright - even though Obi-Wan keeps warning him to be "mindful". Compare that to the other characters which are much more cautious - including Obi-Wan and Padme.

It is obviously this "weakness" (of Anakin's) that Darth Sidious has (and will continue to) prey on. Am I the only one that came away with the impression that Sidious (as Palpatine) has been leading Anakin to believe that he can be trusted as a confidant? I got that impression from the scene (which I thought was very crucial) between Anaking and Palpatine.

21. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    This kind of openess really helped him get Padme, it just didn't really help him in the long run.

22. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Does Padme die in Episode 3???? I have heared that she is taken away to a planet and placed under the protection of Obi. remember when Leia said, "she was very beautiful, but always sad" ?? It seems very sad for me to accept that the great relatioship going on between her and Ani, will be broken apart. It for some reason seems more realistic than any other part of the movies that I have seen.

23. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Do you guys know BTW what the 'saying' will be on Episode 3?? I mean that EP2 "The Jedi shall not know anger, nor hatred, nor love' or something like that.

24. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    What do you think was the best costume that she wore during EP2?

25. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    I don't know anything about EP3. I really am part of the group that thinks she won't die on screen. For Now.

I'm more interested in that paper on the middle east that the guy mentioned, but maybe that wasn't supposed to be on the net but somehow got there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.