main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

-=Natalie Portman=-

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by RedRoyalGuard, May 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -MACE-WINDU-

-MACE-WINDU- Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2002
    I hope she doesn't die then. Speaking of the middle-east, don't you think that the way that refugee ship was packed with many people that kind of looked like they were from the middle east or something??? Even Padme looked like she war in that costume (though not the face).

2. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I don't know exactly what to make of Natalie in light of her real life. I'm afraid to know about her, to the point of becoming disappointed. There's probably a lot of stuff she has already done that I wouldn't approve of.

Natalie's coming of age now and it has begun to show in the way she lets loose. There is a picture of her posed with these two college pals, having dyed her hair a strange red color. There have probably already been overnight fraternity beer orgies. I'm worried that tattoos are next.

I guess being the kind of guy I am, I don't prefer girls like that. That's why I don't want to become disappointed with Natalie and am afraid to desire her. I mean, millions of males drool over Natalie, and I don't want to become another Natalie-loving shmuck. Add the factor that anyone who goes overboard stalking Natalie the Celebrity is going to get their arses busted.

As far as I'm concerned, Natalie lives on another planet and I don't want her or to know her. I have no desire for celebrities. I'll watch her movies and that'll be it.

3. Nunquam

Nunquam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    Natalie wrote a letter to the editor of the university newspaper, commenting on an article they ran on the Middle East.

The science paper was a report she wrote years ago in high school with a couple classmates. Or maybe it was a science fair or contest. They posted all the students' reports, not just hers, and it's been on the Net for years.

(Have fun searching the Net! ;))

4. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Jees, I really need to start finding more pictures of her, all these things are starting to scare me ;) Actually not really, but still, jsut interesting.

5. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    Vaders_leash. You take my caution to the extreme. Your fears come from the fact that she has almost no limits on what she can do for fun. I give her the benifit of the doubt though and picture her being just slightly more mature than the young and naive college girl by now. She's smart. You can't debate that, and with wisdom usually comes a higher sense of responsibility.

Gee thanks Numquam!

(Painstakingly fires up the search engine.)

6. OverIguana

OverIguana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    vaders-leash, those pics were from a while ago, at a halloween party, she was leeloo from the 5th element :)

my personal thoughts on NP is simply that I doubt I would like her in real life, but that doesnt mean I can't fall madly in love with Padme, someone who will never let me down :)

7. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    Yes, that is very true!

8. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    You know? I could totaly see her in that role :) .

9. -MACE-WINDU-

May 22, 2002
    I sure can :)

10. Amidoll

Amidoll Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2000
    Actually, Natalie was dressed as Lola from "Run Lola Run." ;)

11. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Now THAT was a wacky movie. I'm glad she liked it.

12. OverIguana

OverIguana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    right!

my bad, both movies are great but Lola seems more natalie's speed anyways :)

13. os2Kenobi

os2Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 1999
    There's probably a lot of stuff she has already done that I wouldn't approve of.

afraid her morals aren't as solid as yours eh? don't worry too much.. I'm sure she was "safe" at the beer drinking orgy.

14. OB3

OB3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 11, 2002
    She is a totally amazing goddess!!!

15. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    Well, since its still up - here is her letter to the editor.

To the editors:
    Faisal Chaudhry writes of the American and Israeli desire to ?reconstruct the ideological framework? of the Middle East situation, while creatively framing the same article with a conversion into a ?white? vs. ?brown? struggle (Op-Ed, ?An Ideology of Oppression,? April 11). At one point, Chaudhry even compares the situation to apartheid. This is a distortion of the fact that most Israelis and Palestinians are indistinguishable physically.

The Israeli government itself is comprised of a great number Sephardic Jews, many of whom originate from Arab countries. The chief of staff of the army, the minister of defense (who is the new leader of the labor party), the minister of finance and the president of Israel are all ?brown.? One might have an idea of the physical likeness between Arabs and Israelis by examining this week?s Newsweek cover on which an 18-year-old female Palestinian suicide bomber and her 17-year-old female Israeli victim could pass for twins.

Israelis and Arabs are historically cousins. Until we accept the fact that we are constituents of the same family, we will blunder in believing that a loss for one ?side??or, as Chaudhry names it, a ?color??is not a loss for all human kind.

Outrageous and untrue finger-pointing is a childish tactic that disregards the responsibility of all parties involved, including Europe, the Arab nations and the United States, along with Israel and the Palestinian Authority.

We must be ashamed of every act of violence and mourn every child as if they were our own. I pray for the safety of all those in the region and hope that we may someday use our unique human assets of language and empathy rather than military technology or propaganda to resolve this conflict.

Natalie Portman ?03

16. Jedrek

Jedrek Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 14, 2002
    I think Natalie is absolutely beatufiul, certainly one of the most wonderful-looking people in the world. I don't know all that much about her actual personality, but she seems to have a good heart and very smart. Heck, I'd love to go to Harvard to meet her.

But I respect PRIVACY. And I'm sure Natalie appriciates anyone who does so.

17. OB3

Mar 11, 2002
    When she sat on the grass with Anakin
    she just completely took
    my breath away!
    The way she looked and the whole
    situation just reminded me
    so much of moments with an
    exgirlfriend of mine!
    Stunning!
    That summer was truly magic...

18. OB3

Mar 11, 2002
    Besides I think she was very good!
    I´m of course talking about
    her acting in the movie
    and nothing else...
    unfortunately!
    Although I don´t doubt for
    a second that she´s
    pretty darned good
    there as well!

19. Jedrek

Mar 14, 2002
    When could you see her nips? My friend said you could too, but I didn't see them.

20. budaki

budaki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2001
    Goodness! This is still going on? Well well.

All i can say is Natalie u eaeaolas pral. Yeuolas hao gejt. Goiioll yeuolas Natalie haoili.

Enough said.

EDIT: You can see them right before they leave Tatooine, while she is in the ship. Not that I looked or anything.

21. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    I think i ight ot even need a translation for that! :p

22. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Ooooookay some of us need some female interaction in our lives here folks......and your mother doesn't count.

This thread is disturbing and has NOTHING to do with AOTC, thus it should be locked...NOW.

EDIT: And before this gets locked, I have nothing against a bunch of us talking about how hot she is, guys do that all the time. But when we start to give out personal information it gets freaky.

23. Skywalk272

Feb 16, 2000
    What because the last five posts were a little immature? Every actor/actress has an official thread. Something neads to be turned into one for Natalie. I'm quite sure we can keep this ligit.

Edit:
    Just to to get things on topic- I'v seen a lot of discussion about her love scenes, but what do you guys think about her action sequences? I think she did a pretty good job being stuck in that melting pot. That's the one that sticks out the most.

Yodave - are you saying I should remove that editorial?

24. Nunquam

Nunquam Jedi Master star 1

Apr 1, 2000
    I like the arena scene and when she "takes the reins" on Tatooine and decides to go rescue OWK.

She was magical in the scene when she is looking right into Anakin's eyes as he slowly moves to kiss her...a little scared, a little bit of yearning, a little bit of a challenge. Perfect! And, in the scene when she tells him she loves him. When she says "I love you" it sounds like it is coming from the heart of someone like the character Padme Amidala...strong, proud, noble, but still "just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her." (Notting Hill) ;)

25. Jedrek

Mar 14, 2002
    I do have female interaction, I hang out with tons of s. All I'm saying is Natalie rocks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.