main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Natalie Portman's bum rap

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Mastermorgan, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Perhaps it was so subtle that in your desperate attempt to prove Portman could act you imagined it.

2. Church_of_Lucas

Church_of_Lucas Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2004
    Perhaps there weren't enough flashy things in the scene for you to notice. ;)

Serious. She did well. Her face would react, smile, frown; she would use her eyes nervously or calmly; and use natural body movements such as touching her stomach when she asked "and the baby?" And then when it came time to fall apart, she did.

3. Padmes_love_slave24

Padmes_love_slave24 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 24, 2003
    I think Natalie did a great job with the Amidala character, she is one of my favorite PT characters!

4. LordRevan19

LordRevan19 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2005
    Who cares about the criticks?? They are all a bunch of wan-a-be movie makers.

Good Stuff

400th post baby!!!

5. Darth_Masticator

Darth_Masticator Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2005
    wow shelley, you sound like a jealous bitch, eat a dick

6. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    I have thoroughly enjoyed Natalie's performance, and can't beleive how many critics seemed to miss it outright.

7. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    wow shelley, you sound like a jealous bitch, eat a dick

Wow dude, hate to tell ya but that sorta stuff gets you banned!

8. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Natalie Portman acted like she was reading the lines off the cue card.

It doesn't matter.
    Since Natalie is the only one to ever portray Padme, then by definition her actions are perfect for the character.
    Apparently, that's the way Padme talks.

I'd be curious what you think is "good" acting, but I'm affraid you'd pick someone like SLJ. <shudder>

9. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Fear not, SLJ is the same person in every movie he is in, his acting is not we goto see, it's his bmf attitude.

Since Natalie is the only one to ever portray Padme, then by definition her actions are perfect for the character.

Very true, but should a remake of any of the PT ever occur in the distant future, Padme's role will be the easiest to fill.

WANTED: Girl, mid 20's, to play boring pregnant girl upset with husband, unable to sell emotion to the camera? no problem, original couldn't either

10. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    she is a great actress and she can only do what she is presented with. The dialogue in the script could have been better...

She is a great actress...

11. RangerPrincess

RangerPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002

Loved her in TPM, she was strong and stood up for her beliefs.

Blah, in ROTS she was the complete opposite, run-downed and depressed. Besides, how could she had played that part better? Not her fault the lines the screenwriters gave her were not so great.

"Anakin, you're breaking my heart..."

Who really honestly says stuff like that???

--RP

12. XackAttack

XackAttack Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Oh man, oh man...this title made me laugh, and then the person who said this was something about Natalie rapping about homeless people...lol. That's rich.

13. Death_Stick_Dealer

Death_Stick_Dealer Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    I agree with Solo77. Garden State was a really, really good movie. Natalie Portman captivated me with her quirky character. She has done several good movies. That said, I think her best performances were in AOTC and with the family scenes that were cut, I think we missed out on that. I think she did a really good job in TPM, playing the child queen that grew into a leader for her people. I also think ROTS was her weakest effort not because of Portman, rather the script. We were supposed to believe that Padme was a strong independent woman, but ROTS made her so much less. If there was a fault in ROTS, it was the Padme deflation.

14. Hudnall

Hudnall Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 23, 2004

Natalie got a bum rap. She was perfect - you couldn't ask for anything more, and dare say, one of the best performances in the Saga and most demanding roles.

George got a bum rap too on this. The scenes between Padme and Anakin could not have been more perfect for the tale that REVENGE was.

What he said.

15. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    As copied from the header of this thread "PLEASE NOTE! Threads pertaining solely to Episode III belong in the ROTS forum."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.