main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH Natalie Will Be on ROTJ DVD

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Amidala-Leia, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    This is probably being discussed on one of the boards somewhere, but I wanted to see what everyone here thought. TF.N has reported that Natalie Portman is going to film scenes for the ROTJ DVD. The taping will occur during the filming of EpIII. I was just curious as to what everyone thinks of this and does anybody have any speculation as to what these scenes could be. I'm thinking maybe dream sequences or visions. I really don't think she's alive by ROTJ. Just let me know what you guys think.

Here's the link if you guys haven't seen the story yet.

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Is this for real? My word!
    Perhaps they will throw in a few brief images of Amidala holding a baby Leia in the scene when she is talking to Luke about her "real" mother. This seems the most logical place to me.

3. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    That's what I was thinking as well Matt. I was thinking that we would see the images in Leia's mind when she was talking about her mother. I think it will be rather brief.

4. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I would like to see a young amidala ghost next to the three jedi...that would so royally screw up EVERYTHING...hehe
    CJ

5. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    Now now CJ. You're trying too hard to live up to your Sith name.

6. Vader1029

Vader1029 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2002
    Personally, I am starting to wonder if the classic trilogy is ever going to be "finished". Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed most of the special edition footage, but how many more changes can they possibly make? If they keep going, the continuity is going to get really out of whack.

7. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    I'm thinking that what they do with Amidala in ROTJ would be something that you have the option of viewing. Like you can select to see the film with the added footage or not. At least I would hope that's what they do.

8. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Then why wouldn't lucas not be a dick and make it so you could watch whatever version you wanted to? Heck, I would dish out a hundred bucks to get a 6 disc set where they had the originals on one disc and the SE's with optional footage on another...or if it is optional, why not make it so you hit one button and start watching the special editions, but could toggle between the two? I would find it personally hilarious to do that while boba fett is getting eaten by the pit...then all your freinds could go, HEY, whered that mouth come from, then, HEY, where did it go? I could screw around with soooooo many people who havent seen the movie before...Lucas, If you are out there listening, I have spoken. I command you to release interchangeable versions of the classic trilogy...and while youre at it, make it so we can add the probe droid scene to E1, so it helps continuity.
    CJ

9. CwrnPuppet

CwrnPuppet Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    We're discussing the possibility that Padme ends up as Mon Mothma in this thread:

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=6913875&start=7107423

Please join us!

:c)

10. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    While that sounds like a pretty interesting point(and a very arguable one at that), I am sure that vader would most likely have been able to sense that it was her at some point after the emperor declares the new order. I think she was an established senator by those days, though, so I would be relatively sure that we could expect to see her and or garm bel iblis (if you and lucas follow the EU at ALL) in the next one...hey, we are supposed to possibly see Aurra Sing AND Governor Tarkin in the next film, as well as a slightly older, more recognizeable boba fett, so why not see some noticeable good guys as well?

11. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I definitely think Vader would have been able to sense if Mon Mothma was actually Padme. And besides if Leia remembered her mother at all wouldn't she sense or feel something? I would actually like to see Mon Mothma in EpIII and maybe Garm bel Iblis as well.

12. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    As would I. And I figured that since we saw Bail Organna in this one, we might at least see a brief moment with Mon Mothma in Ep.III.

13. Vader1029

May 11, 2002
    I have a feeling that 100 bucks is wishful thinking for whatever incarnation of the saga is released. Still, we'll all buy it to add to our growing collection of Star Wars video tapes... "Will this never end?" :)

14. Vader1029

May 11, 2002
    Hey guys. Just saw this on TheForce.Net Apparently, Natalie Portman is not aware of anything involving her for ROTJ. Check it out.

15. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    :( I really hope she is on the DVD. Maybe this is wishful thinking but maybe she doesn't know about it yet or has been told to keep it quiet on that subject.

16. Someguy

Someguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    WHO THEW HEL IS MON MOTHMA!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Yadle

Yadle Jedi Youngling

Jun 4, 2002
    This is a very interesting point to ponder. For what it is worth, The Offical Star Wars Website talks briefly about Bail Organa's relationship with Mon Mothma:

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/bailorgana/eu.html

Now while I wouldn't put it past Lucas to change things (a la Uncle Owen and Obi Wan's relationship), I think it does explain things 'From a certain point of view'

18. Amidala-Leia

Mar 5, 2002
    I think it definitely does give some perspective into the relationship. I wonder if we'll get to see the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance in the film.

19. DarthFloyd

Jan 29, 2002
    Normally I would say no...The Emporer would have to do something totally heinous in order to start immediate rebellion...though it is possible, cuz lucas has to make apparent the reasons that the rebellion is created...that is why i think that he may institute garm bel iblis in the next one as well, hopefully, to keep all of us who enjoy the EU at bay...even if he doesn't name him in the film, there will probably be someone(kind of like mas amedda or orn free tal) in the background who will have the name when looking him up on the website. Oh well, I can only hope...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.