main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Day of SLAYER 6-6-06

Discussion in 'Archive: Winston-Salem, NC' started by spooky-kid, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    Happy Slayer Day all you Sith. Hope you had a good 6-6-06. I did. Got the new Slayer ep and went and seen The Omen.

check out this website.... www.nationaldayofslayer.org

Brent: Would you let me know when The Omen is at the Drive in. I may have to come home for that.

2. STARDOG-D-JEDI

STARDOG-D-JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    Jason: I will let you know.

Happy day of the beast to you too my evil twin brother from a different mother!!!!!

Now I need to go to church for sure.

3. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Welcome to my Church, now rock out! \m/

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/hellawaits.jpg]

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/omen6-6-06.jpg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/spooky-kid/omen6-6-06.jpg

4. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    Hard Core my brother. Hard Core Indeed.

5. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Is there any other way, my friend? \m/

6. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    The only way is the path to the DARK SIDE.

7. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    indeed!

8. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    ON AND ON SOUTH OF HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

9. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    now you're catchin' on ....wink! \m/

10. STARDOG-D-JEDI

Oct 11, 2002
    ANGEL OF DEATH!!!!!!

11. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    That was one of their encore songs last night \m/

12. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    Went and seen SLAYER live this past Tuesday along with Mastodon and Lamb of God. It wasn't my favorite Slayer experience although I've enjoyed all of them so far and it's really awesome when a 1,000 plus other people are all screaming the lyrics to "Angel of Death" at the top of their lungs just like you are at the same time with Slayer playing the song live right in front of you. Third one though, third time seein' Slayer live. Hopefully they'll do a club tour after this small Unholy Alliance tour when the cd is actually out.

First thing that sucked was it didn't seem really crowded. There weren't people on the lawn. It was at an outdoorish Ampitheater. Soooo... That's where I would normally be in a mosh pit at during those kinda shows. I can't afford that "in front of the stage" area.

Second thing was that it seems like their may have been a sound guy or crew for each band 'cos it seem to have gotten worse during Slayer where I didn't notice it during the other 2 bands. It sounded real bass-ie.

But the crowd themselves were finally! good. People actually tried to get them to come out for a encore. It seems in the past few years this tradition has been dying. And they did come back on for another AWESOME!!! small set.

Their set list included songs like... Angel of Death, Mandatory suicide, Chemical Warfare, War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Seasons in the Abyss, Reign In Blood, Cult, Hell Awaits.... they played for about a hour and a half. I could have handled 30 more minutes.

Mastodon and Lamb of God were really good too. I had already seen both of them before. I like Mastodon alot and seein them in their home town(Atlanta) was cool. I like Lamb of God "live" even if I don't own any of their stuff except a Burn The Priest 7" which was their band name before they changed it to Lamb of God. The crowd got into them alot and I kinda got into that song, "Now you've got something to Die for."

Anyways that was another one of my concert experiences.... Hopefully, hopefully my next big adventure will be in Fayetville to see Hypocrisy for my 3rd time. Their coming back to the States again soon.

13. spooky-kid

Jun 17, 2003
    You can hear the new Slayer album "Christ Illusion" on myspace this weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.