main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Geek Day (Ep 2 and Lotr DVD releases)

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Red3StandingBy, Nov 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red3StandingBy

Red3StandingBy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    November 12th. Is anyone else foaming at the mouth for this day?

I went to Media Play (Wadsworth and Bowles) yesterday to pre-buy my copies and was told that Lucasfilm has authorized some of the local 501st and also some members of the local chapter of the Jedi Order (anyone know who that is?) to be present at the midnight sale.

Is anyone planning to line up that night for this or any other store opening? It's not exactly opening night for Episode III, but it might be fun.

2. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I know that the 501st has invited us to come along with them, and I remember hearing something on Friday that the Grey Jedi are going to be there. There is a thread on it a couple pages back.

3. Red3StandingBy

Mar 19, 2002

Doh, that's what I get for not paying attention. Thanks for setting me straight! :)

4. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    They're the Order of the Grey Jedi, and as far as I know they are a local group, although their website is very unclear as to the exact nature of the group. They said on Friday they have something "special" planned.

5. Red3StandingBy

Mar 19, 2002

Something special eh? Interesting....

Maybe they'll vanquish the Sith for all-time at the stroke of midnight.

6. BountyHunter-Firefly

BountyHunter-Firefly Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2002
    When you pre-ordered your copy of AOTC did you get a free gift? I do. When I go pick up my copy on the 12th I get a free Clone Trooper pewter keychain.

7. Red3StandingBy

Mar 19, 2002

I'd better get my free gift! ;)

Personally I would prefer a Padme pewter figurine to cherish, but I suppose my clone trooper head keychain will have to suffice.

Out of curiosity, which Media Play did you order from, Firefly?

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I know they have a list on the tf.n page, and a list of all the extras they give you...

9. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

Heck, yes, definitely excited about Nov 12! It will be a day long remembered...

I admit I have no clue on activities, though.

Hey, you mean there is actually a reason for doing that whole pre-order thing? I've always just procrastinated and bought stuff when it comes out. If I can get stuff for ordering early, though... <ponder>

The Grey Jedi - is that the other group of Jedi that was there Fri night?

Alison
    ...hoping to get the sleep schedule back to normal any day now

10. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    who are these grey jedi? do they have a website and whats the deal with them? is anyoen ehre a meber of that group?

11. Red3StandingBy

Mar 19, 2002
    Alison, I *think* that only Media Play is offering the keychain. If you're going to pick it up there anyway at midnight, it might be worth it just to pre-order and ensure you get the free gift (while supplies last!).

JK Birr, I have no clue about the Grey Jedi. But now I'm really curious and am looking forward to seeing them.

12. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Can't do the pre-order, because I will be out of town until the 17th. :( No DVD for me until I get back. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.