main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY National Night Out - August 9th at 6:30pm

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    The Upper Mount Hope Neighbors Committee is once again interested in having some costumers pose for pictures with the neighborhood children for their National Night Out festivities.

National Night Out is Tuesday, August 7th (EDIT: rain delayed to August 9th) and the event starts at 6:30pm. It will take place in the small park off Lattimore off Mt. Hope (can get more precise directions for those who haven't attended in the past).

Any costumes children might enjoy are welcome (Star Wars, Superhero, Harry Potter, etc) and non-costumers are welcome to volunteer as well.

SWF-JPB - This event should already be Echo Base Upstate NY events listing, so I don't know if you want to make a seperate post for it or not.

~Doc_Bev

2. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    deoending on my scheduale i plan on going

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    little bump as this is coming up on Tuesday...

~Doc_Bev

4. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    I should be more than available, as this happens to be my day off from the store.

I'll be doing the usual Obi-Wan Ep. 3 outfit. Or maybe, just maybe... I'll finally do my oft-toyed with idea of doing a generic Jedi, so that I can put together some kind of amalgam outfit from my various Jedi guises. I figure it'll look something like "Quinlan Vos meets Cade Skywalker' (from the recent "Legacy" comics). Who knows... maybe it's time for somethin' different.

Besides, I'm a Mt. Hope area resident now, after this years move!

5. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Although the monsoon-type rain has stopped, it's still pouring here. I'm trying to find out if it is still on, canceled, postponed, what's the rain date and all that. They are looking at Thursday, but no decision yet. Hold tight.

6. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Well, I just got off the phone with the President of Upper Mount Hope Neighbors and forced her to make a decision. :lol:

YES - National Night Out is canceled for tonight. There is supposed to be thunder storms tonight too.

It is rescheduled for this Thursday. Is anyone available?

I'll call Bill and Diane since they aren't on the boards much (and Dean too). Please pass the word. Thanks, Daria.

7. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Aww - it's starting to rain again. I'm not sure if UMHN will go on as scheduled or will reschedule again. LOL

8. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Thanks to everyone who came out in the rain for this neighborhood event. It was much appreciated. Also, it was so nice to talk to Carol no matter how briefly it was. I hope she can come out to more events in the futre. Thanks again. Daria.

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Awh... I missed seeing Carol.
    Was this before I got there or while I was stuck on the playground?

~Doc_Bev

10. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    OOPS - computer hiccupped with 2 versions of the same post. :confused:

11. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Probably stuck on the playground because she asked which member was in the TK. She happened to be going somewhere and saw SW people and said, "Hey, I know them." and stopped. We told her about the library jobs posted at the Fairport library and she said that Brighton had an opening too. Tom would be able to fill you in a little more, since I missed a little of the conversation since the mic I have for hearing seems to be a bit selective at time. [face_laugh] At one point I could hear the conversations of the UMHN officers under the ice cream tent better than our people next to me. Strange. We did mention the picnic on Sunday if she needed a break from things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.