main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY National Night Out

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by DarSolo, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Hi Everyone,

Well, at last night's July meeting of the Upper Mount Hope Neighbors (UMHN) block representatives and officers, we discussed the possibility of the Rebellion attending the UMHN National Night Out Ice Cream Social. It will be Tuesday, August 2, 2005 from 6-8 p.m. in the Eastmoreland Playground/Park. This map (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&location=8n8nSq80Ig3ozvdBpzAYjDA%2bJ7%2b5xEiM423FGOX2l6zb3KX%2ftbKwornMuXo0doDjYULKdmNrQKo28cYDYFCaueJontAFNxqIQJJFr3Xd5dC5gsMz%2biCZlnvtclZSI6fwERY4%2bQoKTJw%2buMMxBTS6fA%3d%3d) shows the general area where it is. Everyone seemed okay with the idea as long as we didn't have any "scary costumes like Darth Vader or anything with a scary mask" that could scare the toddlers. "Jedi were fine." (Storm troopers were almost on the chopping block too, but they liked the idea of Chewbacca):oops: - they realized that you can't make everyone happy since many kids are afraid of Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny. They thought the adults would like it, and it may bring out the older kids. We could mingle, pose for free photos, and entertain the kids. As a warning to parents (if their child is sensitive to such things and to bring a camera), they will put some blurb about us on the flyer that will go out about a week before the event reminding neighbors about the ice cream social. They were thinking something short like "Come see some Star Wars characters courtesy of the Rebellion, a Rochester FanForce Club." I figured we could tweak that a bit. So, is anyone interested?

The other entertainment they have had in the past has been Tim, the juggler (who may not be able to make it this year), some games and bubbles.

2. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's a clickable version of the mapquest URL.

KnightShade and I are free that evening.

For the flier the are distributing I would suggest: Come meet characters from Star Wars courtesy of The Rebellion the Rochester FanForce Chapter. But, if they already made them up then what you have there would be fine.

~Doc_Bev

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Anyone else participating in this?

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    I think the Jawa gets a DQ for this one. Might scare the wee ones.

5. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    If troopers don't get axed then I am free and it sounds like fun. If they do get axed and you need help anyway let me know :)

Mike

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wingnut you could always wear your Rebellion t-shirt and help out with photos and/or fliers. What does DQ stand for?

TX4277 do you still have your Spider-Man costume? Maybe you could do that instead of Stealth Trooper? Although how I read DarSolo's post - Stormtroopers were almost axed, but still OK.

~Doc_Bev

7. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Spiderman would be Great for the Kids!

Ok DarSolo & I will be there, Sounds Like, Knightshade & DocBev Too along with Tx4277 I'll see if we can borrow one of Diane's tables for flyers & banners & such.

Wingnut come join us it'll be fun!

Oh yea & anyone else too :)

8. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    DQ = Disqualified

I'll see :)
    I dont know what my schedule is looking like yet for that part of the month. Thats going into the hire/fire part of my job. They'll either take me on full time salary as probation is up or dump me. I hope for Hire Me and all signs point to it but I'm still leery. Its my nature to be cautious

9. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Yes I do... I will dig it out of storage.

:D

Mike

10. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Then, you're in, Mike?

I will be there, though I have to work (dj'ing... can't really be called work...) at 10pm, so I will probably have to leave a bit early. After all, "...the Jedi were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic..."; why not in our city!

Alas, "...we're keepers of the peace, not soldiers...". I wanna kick some criminal A$$!

11. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Yup I plan to be there.

12. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Our Softball game is at 7:00 that night so I'm out! Have fun guys......

13. Modernism

Modernism Jedi Master star 1

Feb 19, 2003
    I plan to be there too.

14. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    count me in as well,need direction from webster.

15. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here are directions ala mapquest from Webster to the address DarSolo provided. Basically though it's within walking distance from Monroe Community Hospital.

~Doc_Bev

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As of 4:50pm 08/02 here's where we stand:

Attending:
    KnightShade
    Doc_Bev
    RSWingnut (photographer)
    TX4277
    MadKidJedi
    Modernism
    Ayka
    Diane (t-shirt)
    Nevets

Unavailable:
    TD-027
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo

KnightShade - could you contact contact Clone Trooper Dave & Adam Rosen in case they're free to participate?

Did I forget anyone or is anyone else coming?

Here's what I'll be bringing - let me know if I'm forgetting anything.

Rebellion Banner (assuming we can borrow the table from Diane)
    duct tape (if I can find it - I haven't seen mine or the Tranquility's since St. Ambrose)
    SW sheet/tablecloth
    bag of fliers and Rebellion business cards
    camera
    photo pick-up instruction cards (still have to design/print/cut out these)
    sign for "Costume characters provided by..."
    cooler w/ water & juices

~Doc_Bev

17. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    When Paulie and I went through the St. Ambrose boxes a couple weeks ago, I only saw 2 rolls of duct tape. I didn't realize that you brought one, Nicky. I thought the Tranquility's roll was small, and we used it up at St. Ambrose; and that Paulie and Tom both brought a roll. So, Pauie claimed one of them. I'll look again and bring it.

Diane is coming as a Jedi; Bill is tentative depending on how he feels after work. She is bringing a table for us. I also thought we were bringing the R2D2 cooler for the cold water and juice for members.

Things have gotten extremely crazy this weekend, so hopefully we'll be able participate with you guys. At the moment we can and are hoping for the best. If things turn worse, we'll make arrangements for a dropoff or pickup since we only live a few blocks from there.

18. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I always like to be extra prepared. We have to bring waters and juices for KS, Connor and I anyways so we might as well bring them in a cooler. :)

Sorry to hear you might not be able to make it. Is there a contact person we should be looking/asking for at this shin-dig if you're not there - i.e. someone to tell us where they want us to set-up, etc.

~Doc_Bev

19. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Okay, I found Tom's roll of duct tape. In the St. Ambrose bins there were a wide roll of duct tape, a roll of clear packaging tape, a small roll of black tape and a roll of scotch tape. I also grabbed a couple rolls of SW stickers, a bagful (~30) Insider newspapers and the SW EP 1 centerpiece (unless you just want to use the open one in the Hot Dog Sale bin).

So far, so good (keeping fingers crossed), hopefully things won't get worse to prevent us from being there. If not, Bob Good is the President of UMHN; Denise is VP; Frank is the treasurer; and I think Barb and Cindy are in charge of the ice cream. But as things stand we intend to attend as planned.

20. nevetsmlahh

nevetsmlahh Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2005
    see you all there

21. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Just found out that there is no car parking at the park itself, but that there is a medical complex parking lot that borders the park that we should be able to use. I'm not sure what street it's on though... I would assume either Lattimore, Norfolk or Shelbourne. There may also be street parking available near the park.

~Doc_Bev

22. Ayka

Ayka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 12, 2005
    Where are we meeting to change/etc? Will we have a Spot?

Heh, Doc_ you have my Cellphone # if we need it ^_^.

23. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    YAY I can drive in costume this time! WooHoo!

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    As far as I know no meeting/changing spot has been set-up. I think we're all just changing at our cars (at least that's what KnightShade will probably do). I, like Mike, have the good fortune of changing at home first. I got the impression that they don't want to see us changing into our costumes so that's why I was assuming we'd have to change away from the park at our cars.

~Doc_Bev

25. TX4277

Apr 6, 2005
    Thanks for a great night all... can't wait to see the pictures :)

mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.