National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade, Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

star 4
    Mad props to you crazy writers who are already finishing. My hat goes off to you, truly. :D

As for me, still pounding away at the keyboard. I went to the local write-in tonight and got myself up another 3k-ish to 18,054. I'm finding my new system of keeping a word count goal for the day on a sticky note on my desktop to be highly motivating. I recalculated based on my NaNo stats on the website, so I'll probably continue to look like I'm behind, but if I can keep this pace up, I will be okay. I actually wrote a fair bit more than I had to tonight, and I'd like to repeat that tomorrow.

Epic write-in down in Redondo Beach this weekend! I think I shall have to drag myself down there. :D
  2. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Word counts update. Congrats to those who have already won! =D=

I am currently at a disappointing 20,259. This weekend was not a good one for my writing, I did however learn to weave a basket. :)
  3. Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR

star 6
    My goal was to stay ahead, but a crochet Wookiee pattern and a FanForce meeting got the best of me. I did however manage to get two talented artists interested in illustrating my book. So now I have to work a bit on editing what I already have in order to give them some descriptions of what to work with.

25025 - hooray for half-way!

Congrats to everyone still writing! You all rock!
  4. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Yay SithGirl!

I hit 56k last night and still have 8 chapters to write.
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Broke 30k today! Ended the day at 30,065.
  6. Etain Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Managed a chapter and half today.
    Though the chapter refused to eb very long. Well, let's hope it's good instead.
  7. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm calling it a night at 31,504
  8. TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight

star 5
    You guys are like typing machines! Most impressive...
  9. FelsGoddess Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Calling it a night at 20,029.
  10. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I'm now up to over 62k...

I can't stop writing. I'm getting to all the good bits! Luke and Mara just keep arguing and arguing...and the not arguing at all... [face_love]
  11. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

star 4
    Finished the night at 21,031. :D Closing the gap, bit by bit. I may only be able to maintain tomorrow, but that's okay. I'm hacking away at this and it feels awesome. I love watching the "At this rate, you will finish on X date" draw closer and closer to the deadline. [face_dancing]
  12. Sauntaero Jedi Master

star 4
    Lol, I know! Though I'm still due to finish in mid-January at this rate! [face_laugh]

Ending at 12,037 for the night.
  13. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
  14. Etain Jedi Youngling

star 3
    33,8137 for me.
    Somehow the chapters are either getting very long or very short. *lol*
    I reread a bit today, and though it needs work, the story is fun. Yay! :D

I am also looking forward to writing each chapter each day. [face_dancing]
    NaNo![:D]
  15. moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South

star 6
    I'm fairly pleased with how mine is going right now. Not written anything yet today, but I'll get on with it later. I keep forgetting to get descriptions of my characters from my novel so I can make tektek avatars for them, and my laptop doesn't handle tektek well so I can't do it when I'm on there. :oops:

Oh well. I'm sure I'll get round to doing it eventually. It's tempting to do a plain white cover with those avatars on and the title. Not sure how good that'd look though.
  16. Etain Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I keep forgetting what I called things. there is a race of aliens currently referred to as 'Kark' because I forgot the name I have given them. [face_laugh] Not to mention I have no idea if thise bushes were higher than a man od just half his height or went just up to the knees? :confused:

I am not really looking forward to editing all that.
  17. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    I keep a small notebook next to me and I note any new characters or story ideas in it as I go. It saves me having to go back to see what name I gave the person 5 chapters back..
  18. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

star 4
    I just suck at names, so I'm saving a lot of those for editing. I may have named a space station Awesome Name Station to avoid having to settle on a name for it. The latest is that I named a planet for one of the artist login handles here at work. Yeah...
  19. earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yippee, [face_dancing] passed the 50K today with 50,056 words on the 'Word 2003'counter and still having a lot to write to finish the story. And editting of course and getting it on the boards but that's after Tetrahedron is finished.
  20. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Great job earlybird and all who've passed the 50k mark

=D= =D= =D= =D=

I'm ending today at 33,693
  21. Flowerlady Jedi Master

star 4
    YAY!!![face_dancing]

55,693 as of tonight.

So, I guess I've won.

My goal for the end of the month is to reach 75,000 words. That will be the most I've ever wrote in a month. The book will be approxamately 100,000 words so this great.

Keep going everyone, and congrats to those you've won already.

Sara

[face_cowboy]
  22. JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Congrats earlybird and Flowerlady!!!

And now I'm falling back into my pre-Nano habits...writing out of order and revising while I write. Noooooooo! [face_laugh]

I have four more chapters to go. I'm biting my fingernails; this is so exciting!
  23. Mechalich Jedi Knight

star 4
    Broke the 100K barrier today, and I'm all set to hit the big climax battles so I'm in the home stretch.
  24. SithGirl132 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, Mechalich, that's awesome! That's an amazing wordcount.

Congratulations to all who've made it to 50,000 words already! [:D] And to all who are still typing, you can do it!

I haven't touched my project at all over the last few days. I think just letting it be is the best way to deal with it- I'll look at it again over Thanksgiving break or some other time when I have more time. I'll make more sense then.
  25. ViariSkywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I didn't write at all over the weekend. Ended up going four or five days without even opening my document. Ugh. But I'm up to 15,038. So that's something, I guess. Still a long way to go... [face_hypnotized]
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.