main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Congrats on winning, Flowerlady! :D

I'm holding steady, finishing the night at 23,225. That's just over the count I needed for today in order to finish on time, though I hope to do even more tomorrow. Back up to my 3K-ish results? Yeah, that'd be nice. In any case, I'm on track according to my newly calculated schedule (currently at 2070 words/day), so I feel good about that.

2. emerald54

emerald54 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 4, 2007
    Broke 50K after being up all night.

Now I've got to catch up on all the missed sleep I've accumulated doing this thing.

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Yay, emerald!

I have four chapters left to finish and I have an absolutely horrible case of writer's block. I blame my excitement for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I did some words today but not enough to post a count. (I had to run some errands). I'll post up a count tomorrow.

5. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I wanted to stop about 1k sooner but my Muse kept shouting at me. [face_plain]
    I think she'll shut up for the night now. I wrote up to a nice bit of angst and confrontation that needs to be well thought-out. [face_mischief]

6. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    I passed 30k! *happy dance*

7. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm giving up for today at 32,614 words total. I just can't write any more today and I'm at the end of a chapter.

8. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Congrats to everyone who's gotten 50K!

I hit a climatic scene today, and I managed to reach 29,330. I think I'll be able to catch up tomorrow, unless I have a nervous breakdown before or after my interview. :p

9. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    I am up waaay to late considering I have to work tomorrow.

But,

I'm done, I'm done,

Happy Dance...

And the total is bagged and tagged at 115,600 words of gratuitous Star Wars-ness.

I feel rather satisfied...but my thumbs hurt...trade-offs.

10. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    ME TOO! ME TOO! :D

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 34,302 today!

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    33,485 words for now. I'm not sure I'll get any more done as I'm going out for a birthday dinner later and I need to get ready soonish.

13. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    I think I am through with 37,952 today.
    Might add some, but todays chapter turned out to be short and I don't feel like starting on another.
    I have another NaNo writers meeting again tomorrow, so maybe I can write more again then.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats to all passing the 50 K
    And all of you still writing.[face_dancing] You can do it.[:D] Go for it[face_dancing]
    I have passed the 51 K for my Star Wars story, have still a lot of ideas and are now coming to the second arch of the three part story.

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I made it up to 38,479 [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

And I'm starting to feel like I can actually make it to 50K

[face_praying] [face_praying] [face_praying]

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm not actually participating in NaNo, but: 2,262 (...so far...)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 37,202.

So what's the weirdest thing you have in your novel? Mine so far is a priest doing an exorcism in the baggage area of an airport terminal.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Did no one pick up on it being my birthday yesterday? :(

I'm back in Starbucks today, and I'm all alone, again. I don't mind though as I got a coffee for £1 and I get free refills. With my awesome music I should be able to write loads. :D

19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Didn't know it was your birthday. Happy belated birthday! I managed to write a bit more today but it's on paper so it will go in the word count tomorrow when I type it in.

20. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Thanks! :D

I stopped earlier at 37,015 words, or there abouts. I got well over 3,500 words written today, but I didn't get to 40,000 like I was hoping to. Oh well, I'm still rather pleased with my progress. :)

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hope your birthday was awesome, moosemousse. :D No better way to enter a new year of life than with noveling, right? (says the one with the barely pre-NaNo birthday :p )

I went to a day of epic writing, and it was awesome! I was (as usual) way behind, but now I'm only a little bit behind. I wrote 9,938 words today, for a cumulative total of 32,540 words. And I won a NaNoWriMo coffee mug for having the best word war total! Though I came in second place overall, it was a ton of fun. I can't believe I was antisocial about these things for so long.

Now, to prepare for Harry Potter viewing! :D

22. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Looks like everyone is doing so very well :)

I'm personally at 30,536. hopefully, I catch up over Thanksgiving :)

23. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have posted the first chapter of my NaNo

Reunion

And belated happy birthday wishes Moosemousse[face_dancing]

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Happy Belated Birthday Rachel!

I had fallen behind and thanks to a NaNoWriMo All-Nighter I have gotten caught up and ahead. I broke 35k and am now sitting at 36,453 with 2.5 hours left in the all-nighter to go :).

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 39,840 today. I want to take Tuesday off to go see the new HP film so I'm trying to do extra words each day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.