main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    But I lost a scene I worked really hard on and am ToS-violated. :mad:

2. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Ugh, Etain. :( I hate losing things like that! I keep my novel backed-up on Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and occasionally a flash drive, just to try to keep that from happening.

I'm at 32,025. I've pretty much given up all hope at this point. :p

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    37,414 words and I can't write any more at all. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive than today. 12.6k doesn't seem like a lot, but it's hard to do. :(

4. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Done with my first draft for 73,359 words.

5. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Now that I'm more or less on Thanksgiving break, I'm going to re-read my project and make sure it is more or less complete- I want to start posting it! I also finally put the finished product on Google Docs, just so that if this computer's hard drive has a fit, I don't lose anything important.

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    My goal for today (the 22nd) is to hit 45k though I doubt I will, not that that'll stop me trying. :D

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I keep forgetting to come here an update my progress :oops:

I'm currently at 45,525 and starting to wrap up the story. I think I'll finish around 51 or 52K.

Then the long process of editing and re-writing begins [face_tired]

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 42,079 today. Now I can go see HP tomorrow! If I do anything after that I'll put it in the Wed word count.

9. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I'm sitting at 49.5K, and the story is just getting started, really. I'll probably have to write to 52K to make NaNo give me the 50K mark, based on whatever weirdness that Open Office is doing for my word count.

10. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated.

I am not done for the night but I am currently sitting at 27,269. I was behind anyway but a 4 day migraine didn't really help any. :( I'm still not giving up though, I'm determined to make it to 50,000 this year even if I don't make it before the end of the month! :)

Edit: I ended the night with 30,258. :) Which actually put me at writing a little over 5,000 words in one night. I don't think I've ever done that before!

11. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, me too... so many people to keep updated *grin*

40, 152 as of last night :D And trucking along. I'm like a lot of people - my story is just getting started; will have to keep it going! Woot!

12. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    36,870. For the first time in the history of ever, it's the home stretch of NaNo and I am actually on pace! :D

This is, of course, just in time for me to go on a long road trip for Thanksgiving, in which I am probably losing at least one day of writing. But I'll try to make up for that at tomorrow's write-in/while I'm visiting my friend who loves writing as much as I do, so hopefully won't mind me taking time to work on things. I promised him that if I did write while I was visiting, I would find a way to work hockey into it. I am not sure how this is happening, but I will make it work.

13. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    40,175!!! I broke 40k and I am no where near the end of my story!

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 44,572 today. Don't forget that the novel verifier is turned on tomorrow on the NaNo site! (Not that I need it yet..)

15. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    Ugh.

Unfortunately, I'm out of the race, as I stress fractured my right arm over the weekend. I did make it to over 10k- 10,784 to be exact, but I highly doubt I'll make up the other 40k, having to type with one hand.

Good luck to everyone else!!! You guys can do it!! :D

~Celeste

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Ouch on that. I hope it gets better soon!

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I passed 40k with 40,094 words today! I'm not sure I'll be writing more, but if I do I won't be posting here until I update again tomorrow. I doubt I'll get much done tomorrow as I'm busy all morning and won't be home until late. Still, I'm not doing anything on Friday and I'm going to a write in on Saturday! I can still make it! :D

18. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    I'm officially done with NaNo, with 51247 words. The wordcount verifier only gave me credit for 50300 words. Of course, the story is less than half done, so I should get off my butt and work s'more on it!

19. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I am kept from writing by a mean Arashi PV fansite.
    But sitll, going.
    44,614 as of today.
    I think I'll still make it.
    Had to give up my concept though, the story didn't want to work like that anymore. *sigh*

20. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    25063- Finally hit the halfway point.

21. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
  22. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 47,358 today. I'm going to try to hit the 50k tomorrow.

23. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Hee-Haw I finished!!

[face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]

[image=http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Kelgel/nano_10_winner_120x240-4.png]

Of course by the time I edit everything, the story will probably only be about half-that but I'm just so happy I made the goal and finished.

To everyone else - keep writing and good luck!

24. Etain

May 11, 2008
    Found out why OO counts more words than WOrd and corrected the mistake. Despite furious scribbling only up to 45,556 because of correcting teh OO word count.
    Oh well, I'll make it.
    And I re-read some bits and it's not bad. I am surpsied at how good some bits turned out.
    Wish me the power to edit this and accost publishers next year.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Does anyone want to send me the winner pictures? I haven't won yet but I'd like to make some icons. My email address is in my profile. [face_batting]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.