main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Hey Fanficers! In fixing the prefixes something happened and now you can't edit titles. Don't panic! We're looking into what happened and trying to fix it.

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2010: is over. :( Come in and see who won!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    [face_dancing]=D=

Congrads to those who are done, good luck to those who are not; I am sitting at a Total Words Remaining of 3,386

Counting down, not up now *grin* another night like last night and I'm gold!! Woot!

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I've sent them. Please let me know if you have any trouble with the email.

3. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    Congrats to the winners that are showing up! [face_dancing]

I've liberated myself from feeling guilty if I lose, if for no other reason that that this year really hasn't been that much fun, which is the whole point of NaNo. I'm still cheering everyone along, those. :D

4. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Congrats to the other winners and those still struggling along! I guess I better go plug them into the NaNo website before I forget and don't win by stupidity.

Etain: How did you fix OO?

5. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    OO is counting typographic quotation marks as a word. :oops:
    If you substitute them with straight ones, it does not count them anymore. That means: the more dialogue you have with the 'wrong' quotation marks, the more words that are not there will be counted.[face_worried] I had some ratehr dialouge heavy chapters and man, did that hurt. :_|

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    [:D]

That's got to suck. :( Hopefully you can still make it to 50k! :D

7. Etain

May 11, 2008
    [:D] moose
    Problem not.
    I am over 46k now and still have four chapters with at least 1667 words ahead of me.
    Time to wrap things up and present the coupke with a pretty ribbon around them. Yay.[face_dancing]

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Finished and got my goodies! Verifier was just about spot on for me. Word 2003 said I had 51,035 and the verifier said 51,038. Now I can rest my poor wrists!

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Finishing for today on 42,000 words. I really need to write a lot tomorrow but I'm not sure I can.

10. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Ending the day, a day behind. Tomorrow I will catch up (and hopefully get ahead). I took yesterday off and only got a little bit of story writing in for today, but my friend did sketch up one of my species - so I am super excited!

11. mavjade

mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts updated. Congrats to those who have won!! =D= [:D]

I'm at 35,349 which beats last years word count so that makes me happy! So I've got to get 15,000 words essentially in three days since I work on the 30th and there is no guarantee that I would be able to write and/or verify before midnight. I'm determined to make it! Can I write 15,000 in three days? I don't know but I am sure gonna try! :D

12. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I did it, I did it! 51, 442 [face_peace] for a word count and still going! B ut I'm over that 50K mark! Yay!

First try at this - success! :D Woot!![face_dancing]

congrads to everyone else who's done too!! =D=[face_dancing]=D=

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    All you folks who have hit 50k - don't wait til Nov 30 to verify and get your winner's bar. The site can be real slow on the last day as everyone tries to verify.

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Have passed the 57 K mark today. A lot slower but DRL - even in the evenings and on my free saturday - is causing that. And I have only finished the first part of the three part story with only the outlines for the next two and the final part.

Congrats to all who have won and [:D] for all still writing.

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I hit 45k and I've got more to write before I stop today! I just wanted to say that I'm caught up and I'm sure I'll make it now! :D

Edit: stopping for the night at 48,904 words. So close to the end but it's 3am here and I need sleep.

16. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Sep 5, 2004
    Stopping at 33,863 for the night.

17. Etain

May 11, 2008
    I Is Winner! [face_dancing]
    Validated because I could at 50,101.
    Still have 2 1/2 chapters to write plus the half I lost but ~ winner! [face_dancing]
    If I get much more done, I'll validate again with more words, but that is not so imporatnt anymore.
    I'll hog my voucher and be happy. :D :-B [face_love]

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I won with a final total of 50,107 words according to the NaNoWriMo site, and 50,106 according to Word 2007. More than a little chuffed with that. :D

Now begins the arduous editing journey before I decide what to do with it. [face_tired]

19. TheMacUnleashed

TheMacUnleashed Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2009
    I'm at 41,423 words.

Funny how much a sibling implying than you can't write 12K in three days can motivate you. :p

20. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Sibling challenges can be great motivators!

I broke 50k right before dinner! *happy dance*

*reality check* I still don't have half the story written!

*returns to happy dancing*

21. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I'm a 43,203, and I haven't sat down to write for today yet. Mostly because I drove from San Francisco all the way to Los Angeles today, but I want to get a couple thousand words down before I go to bed. I just had to get some food in me before that was a good option. I've got a lot of words to get down in the next few days, but I have a great write-in group to go to, as well as a gigantic bag of Jelly Bellys. I think I'll be okay. :p

22. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Sep 5, 2004
    Ending the night at 41,195.

23. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I finished at nearly 51000 last night.

So yay. :D

24. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    I checked the site yesterday, and apparently having put in my winning word count two weeks ago was enough to make them put up the winner's badges now. I'm happy. I still can't believe I actually finished this year!

25. JediMara77

JediMara77 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Congratulations to everyone who finished! Two more days to go! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.