main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2013! Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    No I haven't started yet. When I went to open up scrivener it prompted me to update the program. So I did. Then the computer sent me a warning that Scrivener.exe was dangerous and it was deleting it. I told the computer not to do that...to unblock it. Well, I guess it just didn't block it, but deleted it despite my protest. Not only that it took away my shortcut. When I looked for the program in the list of programs I could only find the update. So I click on that and it says, "Looking for Scrivener.exe".

Well, you stupid computer you won't find it because you deleted it. So I just ended up downloading the trial version. A box popped up saying, "Your verification to activate hasn't been sent yet. Do you want to send?" So I did and it said it was activated. So I am not sure if I have the trial version or just fixed my regular version. I guess if it asks me for an activation code at some point I will know. I still have my activation code, so hopefully that will work. I guess I should start writing.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Eek JL! :p I will look forward to reading about all the pairings winding up together. LOL [face_dancing]

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I wanted to start at midnight, but last night I totally crashed at 11:30. I have no classes today, so I'm focusing on papers I hope to get a couple of hours in on my nano during research breaks.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have started my un-named novel.and written the first 500 words

Jedi_Lover and Nyota's Heart like this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I got to 1720.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Nothing for me for the first day, but I'm going to a write-in tomorrow.

7. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    The only writing I've done today were a few posts on here and elsewhere, including this post.

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow, I suddenly got a burst of energy. I wrote 3054 words today. Unfortunately it is a scene that I have no idea if I will use. lol!

Jabari likes this.
  9. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    I got 2300 words on the dot today.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  10. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    1395 today! I'm pretty impressed with myself. I also (hopefully) finished the research for 1 of my 3 papers!

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Word counts have been updated! Good start everyone!

I got a measly 353 words yesterday and I doubt today will be much better. I'm hoping I'll get going really well on the plane tomorrow. This is the second year in a row I'm traveling for work right in the middle of NaNo. :(
    But hey! I wrote something which is more than I've done in a while.

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Day Two will be far too busy for me to bother. Though, I will be seeing a movie, so hopefully that gets me writing afterward.

Until then... Anyone interested in a Pokemon infected with Pokerus? :p

13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I have a title for my story and are now at 3425 words and still going.
    'Kerebuy Hawk down' will be the sequel to 'Odyssey of the Kerebuy hawk'

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird-obi-wan -- You are not supposed to make me [face_nail_biting] even before I've read the first sentence [face_laugh] :eek:

15. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Usually, I start writing at midnight...but it's been a long week at work. I needed sleep. And my eyes don't like this computer monitor, so I took a break.

Sooo....I haven't written anything yet. I'm starting this afternoon!

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    One-tenth of the way there - made it to 5308 today.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  17. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Hey guys, I'm late, as usual, to sign up for this thing lol, but once again, 4th year in a row, participating in NaNo. Same user name as here ;)

Nice to see there's still participation from the oldbies here - and some newbies *grin* Great word counts so far and great to see so much optimism thus far! Gotta love NaNo!! :D

My own word count thus far: 7867 and counting. The day's only half over! ;)

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Bravo Jade_Max!

19. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Two days in and I only have about 600 words written. I decided to edit and continue my Star Wars fanfic from 2 years ago (so I already have 50.000 words written). It's actually surprisingly good.
    I caught some pretty bad spelling mistakes ("Her tear flew freely." :oops:) and managed to remove some of the too mushy stuff without losing too many words. Hoping I will discover some plot bunnies for the next chapters soon. I have some vague ideas and even a plan for a sequel, but that's still far, far away....

Once NaNoWriMo is over, I may start posting my story here. :)

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I got to 2335 today (and very little done on my piles of schoolwork). I would have gotten more down, but a certain kitty decided she wanted to cuddle, then family showed up.

21. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I stopped yesterday at 3405. I'm struggling today as I'm still not sure where my novel is going and I'm tired.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 7561 today. I'm going to try to build up a good lead this week as Gravity opens here on Friday and I want to see it next week at some point when I go to town. So that will be a NaNo day off..

23. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Tell me how you've resurrected your muse! I MUST KNOW!

24. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Yes, please. My muse doesn't want to do anything except come up with wild ideas on how to break my roleplaying game.

TrakNar likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Lol. I know all about MIA and evil muses. I haven't written much in the past few months, so I think that has kinda helped me. I'm more or less writing whatever comes to mind. Most of what I've written is fairly bad. I have a vague plot, but I'm in no hurry to get to it.

My mom offered to help me clean out my hell hole of a room, a offer I couldn't pass up, so I don't think I'll get much done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.