main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2013! Over for another year.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I forgot to tell you my word count. It is: 17,781

2. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    My extra long weekend was a bit of a bust for me (especially if we are talking about my papers), but I did manage to get to 4,334 words! Which is more than I've written in many months. I also wrote the first (and probably only) death. It was a major EU character and I don't regret it one bit.

My reaction to my Nano so far is PLOT HOLES! SOOO MANY PLOT HOLES. The first 3 chapters kinda just wrap up LotF in a way that my AU makes sense, but it is not a smooth transition for the characterization (mostly because they were all all-over the place in that series). But I don't think anything can be done to fix it (because of the characterization problems in that series), so I'm not worrying about it (plus, not a lot of my readers have read the series anyways).

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    At least you have a plot. I got 17K words and it is basically introducing my cast of OCs.

4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I still don't have a plot and I had a terrible moment. I was writing and checked my word count. It was 11225 and I was all 'oh wow, I've written more than I thought!' until I checked my chapter number and discovered that nearly 4k of that was duplicated! I couldn't bring myself to delete it so I started a new document and copied the non-duplicate stuff into it. Right now I'm at 7525. :(

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Maybe you could send a character on the same course. That would get you some words..

My story has a few plot holes big enough for an A380..I think it's par for the course with NaNo..

mavjade likes this.
  6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Finished today at 27,272. Hopefully I'll be over 30k by Thursday. More than halfway there!

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    passed the half way mark today with 25.004 words written.

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Participants list updated!

LAJ_FETT - that idea just gave me an idea! Thanks! :D

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Reached 5093! Plus I'm done my version of where/how LOTF should have ended and I'm beginning my main plot, so hopefully I'll be able to write more.

DaenaBenjen42 likes this.
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    No probs! Just shy of 30K for today at 29,849. Hopefully I'll get there tomorrow..

11. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Can I join the list of participants here?
    My user name on the NaNo forums is 91talon, in case anyone is interested.
    This will be my first year participating in NaNo, and I learned about it from a friend of mine.

My basic idea: I'm turning an RPG idea I had into a novelization. Set in the year 5800 ABY. So, pretty much all OC's. Not sure about plot holes and the such yet, but I'm pretty sure they are there. LOL

Forgive the next question, as I didn't read all 8 previous pages, but are we going to possibly post what we have written, here on the forums? I think it would be kind of cool to have a NaNo specific forum for doing that. :D

Alas, I digress... My current Word count is 25,453.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 32,282 today. However I think I need a break - maybe Sunday for a leisurely read of the newspapers. My brain needs a recharge.

13. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I caught up. I am at 24,489.

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 34,407 today. I hope to end tomorrow around mid-36k as I want a break on Sunday.

15. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Bleh, I'm at 13,219. Just can't seem to get into it.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 36,402. I'm taking a well-earned break tomorrow. I need to think about where the story goes from here.

17. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Ack! I realized I posted the same chapter into Scrivener twice (I like the autocorrect and other options in Office more). Therefore, my word count for yesterday was wrong. So today I was playing catch up to make up for those words. Now I am at 27,459.

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Chosen One star 4

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm way behind, only at 12,640. Still, that's probably equal to everything I've written in the last 2-3 years, so that's something I guess?

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm at 12459 right now. It feels like 10pm but it's not even 5:30pm! Oh well. If I write more I'll update this post.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I made it to 38,502 today. Taking yesterday off refreshed me.

21. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Participants list has been updated!

I've got more than what my count shows, it's just on my laptop at home and I'm currently at work. Since I'm working nights the next few weeks, I'm hoping to get some writing done.

22. 92SE-R

92SE-R Jedi Master star 3

Apr 15, 2005
    Yeah, I took from Friday until today off. Hopefully I can jump back in tonight and get past 30k

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I may have added my first completed paper to my wordcount, boosting me up to 9,502 words. It looks like I might hit 15,000 before the time is up, and I'll be happy with that. Come December 12th, I'll have a month to just write, so I'm happy to have some sort of direction.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 40,987 today. In the home stretch! For those doing this for the first time - you might want to add some padding over the 50k as the verifier on the NaNo site can come up with different counts than your word processing software of choice. I generally aim to get in the 51K area at the end.

25. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    What I normally do is verify my novel as soon as I can as that gives me a rough idea as to the word count difference. Aiming high is a good idea as you never know what that difference will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.