main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource National Novel Writing Month - November 1-30 2014 (All Over Now!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LAJ_FETT , Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated.

2. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    I am thinking of cutting this one short. My mood really has not been that brilliant recently and I've not been feeling well on top of everything else. I did give it a good shot, though.

3. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, at least you tried. Chances are we'll be doing this thread again next year if you decide to give it another try!

Made it to 43,123 today. I may write tomorrow but I won't type it in til Monday so in effect I'll take tomorrow off.

5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    40,300 today. I didn't get much done because I have been busy this weekend. During the week I was miserable with a headache. I finally went to the doctor on Friday and got a shot for my ocular migraines. That shot HURTS! It's like having liquid fire injected into your butt! But the migraine usually goes away for weeks afterwards. So I am feeling a little better today, but I am catching up on housework.

Space_Wolf you tried! That is better than everybody who didn't even bother. I remember once I did a mountain bike race. I suck at mountain biking and was second to last. There was some loser along the route jeering me. I yelled back, "I don't see your fat ass out here trying to do this!" To me, coming in almost last in a race meant I beat everybody who didn't even get out of bed that Saturday morning. So be proud at what you did accomplish!

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  6. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Winner, here :D 50,007 words.

I'm sorry to hear about people having trouble - just try and get what you can written, forget about the target is what I would say.

gracesonnet likes this.
  7. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    Congrats JadeLotus!

I'm up to 40,197 now.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Congrats JadeLotus!

Totals updated. I wrote a bit this morning but haven't typed it in. I'd like to be around 46K at the end of tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

9. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Congrats JadeLotus! =D=

Space_Wolf - The thing about NaNo is it's not really about the winning, it's about the writing and pushing yourself to write more than you probably would have otherwise. If you did that, then you won. :)

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  11. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I did today 1622 words. I will try to do few more words later today. Got a week to catch up.

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Between yesterday and today I managed to make it to 46,549. I'm hoping to finish by Wed (or Thurs at the latest.)

13. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't even made it to 20k yet and I'm running out of time. My job makes it hard to write when I'm working and I'm worn out the rest of the time. :(

14. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 48,520 today. Hopefully I'll break 50k and validate tomorrow.

15. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013

I feel the same specially these two weeks as been quite a lot of work. Which is unusual this time of year. if it was last year I would probably made it, but I'm finding hard to find time to write. :'( At least I got above the 50% mark.

16. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Hi all. I didn't know about this thread or I would have been participating. Thanks for letting me know this was here, LAJ_Fett!

At any rate, I am participating this year, though I am cheating. I've had several short stories accepted lately and was running low on fiction that I felt was good enough to submit, so I decided to focus primarily on short stories. I honestly haven't been writing much in the last year (spending most of my time revising older writing), so I'm using nano as a kickstart to make myself write again. I did complete a novel in 2011 (that I have not gone back to since. It was an amazing experience, but not a novel I think is worth much...). In 2012, I tried, but did not make it even to the 10,000 word mark. My daughter was two and I was the one primarily taking care of her - I was just too tired to make it work. I took 2013 off (actually forgot about it until midway through the month...) but am back in the saddle this year.

I am sitting at 45,683 words as of this morning. (five am panic attacks are good for something, I suppose - I managed around a thousand words before my daughter woke up...) So far, it is going well. Not sure how much useful writing there is, but it's good to get back in practice, regardless. (And I'm trying not to stress myself out about how much of it is worthwhile until after the month is over.) I've written a little bit of everything this month - poetry, micro-fiction, short stories. I even wrote my first Star Wars story, though it is sitting in the middle of my word file unfinished. (I tend to focus on my own characters and typically don't write much genre fiction. I'm not opposed to it, just isn't where my mind goes, typically.)

I am C.c. Russell on the nano site.

These last few days have had a much lower word count for me. I keep checking to see if the Force Awakens trailer has leaked yet and spending too much time on the sequel trilogy boards. Star Wars is bad for my productivity. lol. I'm hoping to make a big word count push today as I will probably have very little time over the next few days.

The nicest thing about nano is that my birthday is on December 1st, so it gives me an extra reason to celebrate. ;)

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I've added you onto the list!

Got my purple today! My story isn't done but I wanted to verify before the last day. I ended the day at 50,518!

my kind of scum likes this.
  18. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Is anybody having problems getting onto the NaNo boards? I get on, but it looks like I booted up in the Safe Mode.

I am at 49,100.

Now I am at 50,467.

19. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Jedi_Lover likes this.
  20. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    Passed the 47,000 mark this morning. Feeling a colossal case of nano burnout right now, but I'm so close... I need to push through it and hit that 50,000. I would feel awful if I got that close and gave up.

Congrats LAJ_Fett and Jedi_lover for hitting 50,000!

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Totals updated. Jedi_Lover - I was on the NaNo boards about an hour ago and they seemed OK then. Those of you still writing - try not to wait until the last day to verify as the site can get busy. Verification closes for you when your time zone hits midnight at the end of Nov 30.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  22. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I haven't been able to write. :( I'm almost sure I won't make the deadline.

23. my kind of scum

Mar 4, 2002
    48,851 this morning. Really limping towards the finish line. Determined but burnt out. Hoping for a good push this morning so I can try to finish it up.

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I know about the burnout. That's how I felt when I was trying to finish. I think my word count at that point was similar to yours.

Updated your total.

25. gracesonnet

gracesonnet Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2014
    I did it! Hit 50,002 around 1 a.m. this morning but when I validated it, the final count was closer to 50,054. I kept writing so now I'm at 50,446 (okay, shutting up now). Thank you LAJ_FETT for starting this thread. Congrats to everyone who did NaNo this year, regardless of your word count. You're all awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.