National Pancake Week 2010!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pancakes and Waffles Forum' started by Grimby, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    If it was open all the time you'd get tired of it. Think of it as a special dessert that you only get once in awhile..
  2. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I had pancakes for lunch today. Mmmmm. [face_love]
  3. Humble_Jedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Hehe, where I live, it's national pancakes week every week!

Now you guess where that might be. :p
  4. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    Why do I only find out about this place when the week is almost over?! :_|

(Pancakes FTW, btw)
  5. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 8
    We only reopened the forum yesterday so you didn't miss much. It should be open at least through the weekend. Also we're hoping to get some P&W icons reloaded (if they haven't already been done).
  6. Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm thinking pancakes for lunch today. The only question is what kind to have....
  7. mavjade It's so Fluffy Fanfic & New Movies Manager

Manager
    star 5
    Mmm... I just got a new recipe book (The Tassajara Bread Book) that has several pancake recipes that sound amazing. I think I must make one of them, or maybe all of them this weekend! :D
    =P~

I'm gonna have to agree with the pancakes > waffles camp! (Though I do have some love for the waffles as well!)
  8. Sauntaero Force Ghost

star 4
    If I could eat pancakes for every meal of the day and every day of the week, my life would be amazing. Just think of the possibilities...
  9. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I like Pancakes more than regular waffles, but Belgium waffles are something special.
  10. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 6
    I couldn't help it. I had pancakes for dinner last night.
  11. Commander-DWH Shiny Costuming & Props Manager

Manager
    star 4
    If only Thursdays weren't half-breakfast-burrito days at the breakfast stand. This is a bad forum to be in when you're hungry. :p
  12. Jedimarine Force Ghost

star 5
    Pancakes deserve a week.

Waffles own the rest of the year!
  13. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    False.

Waffles do not deserve the rest of the year.
  14. Espaldapalabras Force Ghost

star 5
    good Pancakes = good waffles.

both can be very good, but waffles suffer from being frozen for long periods of time before they are digested that means you average waffle < your average pancake, because most pancakes are eaten fresh, and a fresh anything beats a frozen one.

When it comes to a fresh pancake to waffle comparision, a pancake with something extra inside beats a waffle, but if both are plain, then a waffle has more retaining power of the toppings, whereas a pancake can have an annoying tendency for butter, syrup ect to slide off, causing more work by gathering toppings and dipping pieces of pancake into them.

So really the ingredients of both are largely the same, and each form those ingredients take have their own advantages and disadvantages. Overall, if you are offered one, take the pancake as waffle's advantage of being easier to prepare via being frozen also creates the disadvantage that it doesn't taste as good.
  15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 6
    I used to feel bad when I fed my kids pancakes for dinner 'cause I was too tired to cook, but now I don't!

Thanks, guys!

Oh, and fresh waffles > pancakes, except fresh blueberry pancakes. I use fresh blueberries in my pancakes, too.
  16. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    French Toast FTW.

And icons are up :)
  17. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I have some pancakes in the freeze that I'm going to have tomorrow. Not as good as fresh, but still, not too shabby.
  18. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Yesterday: Had waffles for breakfast, then went to IHOP for lunch and had pancakes.

Mmm... good day for food :)
  19. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I actually couldn't find the frozen pancakes yesterday. :oops:

But have no fear, I made fresh blueberry pancakes this morning. All is well in the world. [face_flag]
  20. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    pancakes I love them. My dad used to make them and he even made three little ones in the pan. And those are the best with raisins and apples.

Good after running a half marathon or the Dam to Dam race from Amsterdam to Zaandam.

And I include pancakes in my fanfics and have fun with them and the cook making them. Always ending in disaster with the fire dept coming to the rescue.;)
  21. amidalachick Force Ghost

star 5
    I had to get up super-early today for a work-breakfast thing, which I was unhappy about. But they served pancakes, so it became a good day after all. Pancakes make anything better. [face_love]
  22. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm not gonna lie, I like those frozen french toast sticks. They're great in the car on the run with a cup of coffee.
  23. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I like the plain frozen Great Start pancakes with sausage. I had some yesterday with sirup for breakfast. Mmmmm good.

:D
  24. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    I wish 7-11 sold little pancakes that you could warm up....................that would be perfect for me to eat every morning while waiting for the bus to go to work.

2008-2009 L.A. Lakers: World Champions!:cool:
  25. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Today is the last day for the P&W forum before it goes back into hiding. So whip up some batter, melt some butter, and light those griddles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.