main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nationalism and more.

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by DarksiderGeorge, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarksiderGeorge

DarksiderGeorge Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 29, 2002
    I have wanted to post this thread up earlier, BUT I think after what I heard earlier after the 4th, that NOW is the better time to post this.

I noticed that quite a bit of you guys were DISGUSTED with all the patriotism and colors on the boards. So I pose to EVERYBODY that comes on to this thread to post their views and philosophies on Nationalism and Patriotism.

For example, I am a beliver in what I have dubbed "The Crusade". As a Crusader, I despise Nationalism as it stands in the way of a "True" global community. I also believe that NO ONE should be proud of the country they come from. AS IF they had anything to do with being born in a particular country. Too many people get excited about being an American or whatever, What the hell did they do to be so damn proud, besides having the fortune/misfortune of being born. Nationalism creates seperatist sentiment, and false pride.

As a sidenote, Why do people like to challenge educated professionals in a particular field when the challengers have no background in the field that they are challenging???? :mad:

2. Shequan

Shequan Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2001
    Totally fortunate to have been born here - where I waited in line for AOTC for 5 days in a tent on the street! And I like going out in public without covering my face, being in control of my own body, without fear of being physically mutilated, or having to watch animals slaughtered in the streets ... I like that we don't have to throw our baby girls in the river.
    I love that I get to sit on my ass and play video games all day if I choose to do so, and be frivolous as hell going to Disneyland 18 times a year. And listen or not listen to my friends bitch about how they dislike America, and not give a damn because I'm just happy to know we all have the freedom to do so.
    I also live in San Francisco, where the diversity has made me a colorblind child in a liberal society.
    I may have a different perspective if I lived in Mississippi. [face_plain]

3. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Well, everything that's spawned since 9-11 is hollow, to say the least. Everyone is a patriot again because it's trendy, essentailly. I enjoy the freedoms of this country too but frankly, I'm sick of it!!! I mean, my family has hit rock bottom, for no reason, really, and the STUPID GOVERNMENT keeps screwing us worse and worse. Example: my dad recently went back to school on a government grant and he was collecting unemployment to keep us afloat and we qualified for food stamps so we at least didn't have to worry about that. Then, guess what happens? Well, because dad didn't go through the 'right' department to get the money to go to school, we're off the system and have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!! And, untill it's all worked out, we have NOTHING AT ALL!!! And we're probably on the verge of being kicked out of the house, yet again because my psycho grandma thinks she's the only person in the world who suffers!!!!

Land of the free my ass!! We're living in one of the most wealthy country's on the planet and barely surviving. Frankly, the first chance I get, I'm moving to Canada.

4. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    How hypocritical of a supposed patriot locking out his thread because some of the messages were "anti-american". Boo Hoo, I thought that America was all about free speech and the like. Well guess what posters on this thread, you can say anything you damn well please on this thread. In fact the more "un pc" the better, IMO! This country has become far too PC! Once again someone wears the hat of hypocracy. Using the 1st amendment to back up their own claims while censoring others. Chief Violator of said offense: Religious Right...

5. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I do not want DarksiderGeorge's post above seems like a rant, so allow me to post a link to the thread he's pissed about. This thread was started yesterday about US patriotism, and was locked (Unfairly, IMO) by a Mod:

Is Patriotism in the US getting a bit much?

EDITS: My wording seemed to be harsh toward DSGeorge, which was not my intent at all.

6. DarksiderGeorge

Apr 29, 2002
    I believe that it is time to reveal slowly but surely, the Crusade. What is the Crusade? Well that will take months to break down. No prob, I shall do it. Who are the Crusaders. At this point anybody who accepts the tenets of the Crusade. Is the Crusade even possible? Its a long shot , BUT it is possible.

First let me start off with this... The Crusade is a social movement that allows humanity to lift its bonds of nature,ultimately. It is a mult-faceted philosophy and social movement. Though it may seem rightous by some, it incorporates some social aspects that some would label, Facism or Eugenics based. Those are total unfair labels. People know much more about those topics since they days where both were the hated enemies of all people. (WWII era, specifically)

7. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Still, all else considered, at least we can walk outside and not get shot.
    In most areas anyway.

8. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    heh, try living in my neighborhood! i hear gunshots all the time, and police car sirens... not to mention those freaks across the street that never stop yelling and arguing.

9. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Well all you have to do is find out where the shooting's coming from and redirect it to the freaks and you kill two birds with one stone ;)

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i like your sig... we suck with pride! that should be our motto!

11. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Feel free to use it :) lol

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    lol i think i might...

13. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    That should go in our custom banner. . .

14. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i think if we get a fan force, we should put it in there! that would be funny.

15. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    And have a vacuume cleaner right by it :p

16. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    yeah and for our custom icons, we can have little dirt devils shooting force lightning, or something... lol.. suck, suck, suck.

17. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I was thinking scout troopers on dust busters ;)
    Ooooo we need to incorporate mega maid into it =D

18. Super_Ska_Master

Super_Ska_Master Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    Theres one thing that can save us all, From the popular Dead or Alive series comes..Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball! WOooooo Doggie!

no i'm not sponsering that game i just was reading this here text and it popped in my head, thought you'd all like to know. i made a topic about nationalism but i'm too tired to post the link, its there somewhere..i think i'll take a nap.....zzzzzzzzz..Your such a hot gungan.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

19. Lord-Darth-Bane

Lord-Darth-Bane Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    I was just cruising the boards and came across this one. It looked different so I decided to read everyone?s posts, and I must say I have never seen so many bitter and depressed people in my life. I could go on forever on how unappreciative you all appear to be, but when people have harden hearts and lost soles they tend not to listen to reason and truth. It would be a waste of my time to post my opinions to you, but then if I lived in Fresno I would probably be depressed too. One of the many great things about this country is if you don?t like it here you are free to leave!

God bless America :D

20. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks for stopping by, Hulk Hogan, Real American Hero. Take your patriotism elsewhere. My thoughts are not influenced whatsoever by the fact I live in Merced versus SF, LA, NY, wherever. Thanks for your sarcasm.

21. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Who said I hated America? I love it =D
    And I don't live in Fresno.
    But see, this isn't a thread for liking patriotism so. . .
    Anyway, yeah! Dustbusters!

22. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    MEGA MAID!!! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!!! YES MEGA MAID!!! *runs off giggling*

23. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    she's gone from SUCK to BLOW!

on another note, just because i live here doesnt mean i like it... i just don't like how certain things work... like say financial aide for school... people who need the money should get it, right? take me for example. i need money to go to school because i want to further my education and be somewhat successfull. but they say that because i live at home and that my parents make too much money that i cant get financial aide. but my parents dont even make money they are both retired. and i just make a little over 8 dollars an hour. yet i know people that get financial aide that still live with their parents and they make like over 20 bucks an hour and they get get the money to go to school, and they end up dropping out? eh, whatever.

24. ShaddowHunter

ShaddowHunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 24, 2001
    Well said Lord-darth-Bane. It is nice to see a resurgent in Patriotism for the greatest nation on this planet. Where else can any of you little ***holes go and bitch about the country you live in and not worry about being taken from your bed at night by some government agency or secret police and taken somewhere in the middle of no where and have a bullet put in your head? Hmmm? No where. This great country was founded on freedom of religion and freedom of speech. So be thankfull you can bitch and moan about the country you live in, oh and don't mind the millions of lives, before you, sacraficed for this great country so that you could gripe about it. Until you lived somewhere else on another continent, how dare you criticize my country and its patriotism. As the freedom of speech gives you the right to bitch about how my country is evolving, I too, under the freedom of speech, say that you people are the worst sort of Americans and you should all be flogged in your town square. Because it seems to me most of you are spoiled, immature, don't-know-how-lucky-you-have-it-here, brats.

Thank God for the USA

25. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    "Where else can any of you little ***holes go and bitch about the country you live in and not worry about being taken from your bed at night by some government agency or secret police and taken somewhere in the middle of no where and have a bullet put in your head?"

i was taken away...."they" took me and "they" will soon take you.......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.