main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nature of the Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BuzzLitebeer, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuzzLitebeer

BuzzLitebeer Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2002
    I am new to the board, and preliminary reading didnt seem to bring any of this up. What are the yuuzhan vong?

well we know they are an invading group from outside of the galaxy, but why don't they register in the force?

oh well I am going to propose a couple theorys.

The yuuzhan vong arent actually alive.

Ok ok now that you have 50 flames in your head, remember i havent read any past stuff on this board, but here is my reasoning.

I just got done reading the NJO series through to dark journey, and I think they drop a lot of hints.

The vong do not show up in the force, because they are, in essence, simply just biotechnology, they emulate life without actually being life in the sence that say, luke skywalker or any other being is alive, in essence they have no soul, or other explanation, they have no midichlorians (i know blatant reference to ep 1).

Each Jedi character goes through the "i cant feel them through the force" stage, this is because they arent actually alive, and cannot be felt through the force, this also explains why shapers are not allowed to deviate from there protocols (hint hint protocols) because that would violate the structure of the building principles behind the vong technology. The Vong "believe" they are alive in a similar fasion that a droid beleives its alive, the vong simply emulate it better.

Now to the fact that the jedi could sense the voxyn. I think this goes strictly that the voxyn were created using heretical means, most likely by nom yim (whatever her name is) the heritic shaper. When she created the voxyn (again no proof it isnt mentioned who made them)she deviated from the methods to create psuedo organic life, and created a truly living creature. I say this because the creature used the force, which no Vong has any protocol for, and in there beleif structure should simply not exist.

When she created the voxyn (or the protocol to be used) she set in elements to create the first living creature of the VONG, which in essence are just highly advanced self replicating machines which do not know the truth of their origins.

About Anikan (my name spelling is attrocious today and im to lazy to go look them up) being able to sense the vong through the lambet crystal is this, the lambet crystal existed attuned to him, and consequently to his attenuation of the force, since the lambet itself was keyed into the technology of the Vong it allowed him to interpret the vong in the force, much like a radio can pick up signals by being attuned to the proper frequency.

I think i could elaborate some on it, but ill wait to see the counter arguments.

anyway tell me what you think.

2. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Well the reson they could sense the voxyn is because the were part vorksnors, and i think that they exist on the force but on a differen't wave legnth then the jedi are used to

3. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    In my next life I'm gonna be a tortoise.

4. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    "The Vong "believe" they are alive in a similar fasion that a droid beleives its alive, the vong simply emulate it better."

That, in my opinion, is very intriguing.

5. BuzzLitebeer

Mar 25, 2002
    Thats just the trick, the voxyn were part vorksnor but the trick is that they had elements that were simply NOT in the vong protocols, so a heretical method had to be used to emulate them. in everything the vong have created up until the voxyn is removed from the force, since they intereacted with actual "alive" materials, or simply emulated a living ability. The voxyn were created outside the protocols and were partially and truly alive since they didnt simply "emulate" the abilities of the vorksnor but actually USED undeciphered patterns in the vorksnor, I think that if the Vong could EMULATE the jedi sensing ability (ie they had a protocol or had decoded how the voxyn did it) then they would have crated some implant which, or parasite that would integrate with a vong himself, thus elimanting the need for the voxyn construct altogether, since this is how damn near everything else has been done with the Vong.

6. Jedi_Andrew_Solo

Jedi_Andrew_Solo Jedi Grand Master star 2

Mar 5, 2002
    Definitely a different theory. It is good to hear fresh ideas. While I like the thought you have put in this theory I don't think it is the answer. I can't really support this very well but I will try.

SBS SPOILER

When Anakin sensed the vong in SBS, I believe the book said that the vong exisited in the Force, not in the fuzzy way that they existed with the lambent but actually in the Force. I could be wronf I don't have the book here with me at work so can't quote, I will try and remember to look it up tonight.

All in all a well thought out theory.

7. AT-ST_DRIVER

AT-ST_DRIVER Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    uh, they could sense those Char-things. from the dark tide books. my guess is that they were shaped and made in this galaxy from a lizard race. like trandoshans or barabel. and i think the Jedi are just looking in the wrong place. the vong can probably be sensed by the force, it's just something the jedi are doing wrong. i dunno.

8. BuzzLitebeer

Mar 25, 2002
    The thing about the lizard guys, I knew someone would get around to it, and think about it and then validate or at least propose on the theory. the lizard slave race is alive, thats why they are able to be sensed by the force, because they are IN the force, and completely alive. I think the little implants given reduce a beings signature in the force because it replaces part of them with vong techonology, and thus reduces how "alive" they are. For example a completely slaved individual on one of the vong planets (the kind that are stupid and die quick) would have less signatures in the force than say... the people Anakin met on Yavin 4, since they werent slaved as heavily.

I think the people DIED when completely slaved because in essence they were alive and being subjected to control by mechanical means, to the point where the living tissue no longer could operate, since the vong technology did not properly emulate life to the extent necessary.

Though i may retract that last paragraph when i think about it more.

9. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

I really believe the Yuuzhan Vong are part of life. Although their biological exploitations (manipulations) may explain the loss of a spiritual essence of life. But then we must account for the absence of the virginal Shamed Ones in the Force (who are not sullied by biological manipulation).

IMO, the books are building up to a deeper understanding in the Force - one which explains the YV's absence.

I hold that the galaxy's technology tainted a spiritual, deeper understanding in the Force. All the signs are there. The Force draws its power from life. The Force and Jedi reside in a galaxy abundant with technology. The YV despise technology. The YV are living. Hence, technology caused the Jedi to somehow lose something in the Force.

10. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Master Yal Phaath created was the shaper behind the voxyn. He's really old.

I would do my usual thing and point you to UNJOH, but it's currently down (yet again). This time it's because Jumpline (the host) is upgrading all of their websites. Hopefully when it comes back we'll have some new features to work with.

11. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
  12. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    in one of the books it says Vergere was one of several people "abducted" by the vong. Rogue planet also has some more about it. i'd say they abducted barabels and Trandoshans and shaped 'em good. like they did with the voxyn.

13. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    read my thoery and you'll understand.

14. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    i read it. i think it's stupid.

15. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Obscure,maybe, impossible, probly, but not stupid, it was well-devised.

16. AT-ST_DRIVER

Sep 1, 2001
    whatever. i still don't like it.

17. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    Theories, theories, theories...here's one more for ya. I've been thinking for awhile about the Vong. I'm re-reading the NJO series, and am back to EOV2. In it, Tsavong is shown with his new foot and he thinks something like "I could have had another one 'cloned' but that would show weakness" or something to that effect. From the NJO sourcebook, I think is where it is, we know that the Vong were given these protocols as to how to make things.

Now, back in TTT, when Thrawn started cloning stormtroopers again, Luke sensed them "differently" in the force. Much how the Vong, IMO, are sensed. I think the Vong are going to turn out to be a race of Clones. In the EOV1, they say something to the effect that "child bearing is for those beneath the castes" (ie The Shaper caste) So how do they get more shapers? Lots of Vong have died, yet we see no children Vong and we're halfway through the series. Doesn't anyone else find that odd? On all the worldships we've seen, not one child vong has been depicted. We know they're belief system is nearly shot...and them being clones would also, in a way, explain how "the god Yun-Yuuzhan 'gave' parts of himself to make the Yuuzhan Vong". They're clones...IMO, and probably cloned so many times they've lost all touch with the Force.

And this is a long shot, but perhaps they're of the darkside anyway..."Mmmm...hard to see the Darkside"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.