main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Nautilus-A ghastly Halloween fic!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Livi-Wan, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is my entry to the halloween story thingamajig. It was inspired by the log of the 'Demeter' in 'Dracula' by Bram Stoker.

Log of the frigate 'Nautilus'
    Dantooine-Coruscant cargo haul.

9th June
    Dantooine

Have set off. No trouble with Dantooine security. Cargo, five tanks filled with unknown liquid, not unlike those used for bacta. Crew; five humans and a Zabrak, Lieutenant Antilles and myself (captain). Look forward to swift round trip to Coruscant. Am making jump into hyperspace.

13th June
    Hyperspace

Uneventful day. Co-ordinates to Coruscant confirmed.

14th June
    Hyperspace

Pass remains of Alderaan. Make stop for Alderaanian crew members. Find wet footprints in corridor, crew disciplined for incorrect use of refresher unit. Crew claim they are innocent. Will wait and see for self.

15th June
    Hyperspace.

Crew are distinctly uneasy. I fear that this has something to do with the strange tanks in the cargo hold. My sleep has been disturbed lately; I fancy that sometimes I can hear something creeping around outside my quarters. I have dismissed this as fantasy, however, as my quarters are locked at night, as are those of the rest of the crew.

16th June
    Hyperspace

More wet footprints have been found this morning, but none of the crew apparently went outside during the night. I am worried that they may lie to me, but what if they are not? Have posted a guard, Bri'shaar, next to the refresher unit tonight, not to dissuade anyone, but to find out who our nightly wanderer is.

17th June
    Hyperspace

Bri?Shaar failed to report in this morning. The crew are getting mutinous and refuse to go out of their quarters alone. I am getting increasingly worried about the safety of my crew, my cargo, and indeed myself. Even as I type this, I can almost hear the footsteps starting again. Tomorrow I will get the Lieutenant to trace the inevitable wet footprints to their source. Watch tonight taken in a pair by Sam and Haiin.

18th June
    Hyperspace

Sam and Haiin failed to report in this morning. Only three crew members left, myself and Lieutenant Antilles included. I have cancelled the search, not wanting to lose any more crew members. Earlier today I went to send a distress signal to Coruscant, but the communications equipment is malfunctioning. Are we trapped aboard this ship forever?
    I can still hear the footsteps.

19th June
    Hyperspace

Another crew member missing! The Zabrak Nima left her quarters to get some food and has not been seen since. The other two crew members are staying in the bridge-in fact, they have refused to come out. I am trying to negotiate with them, but there is silence on the other side of the door. Worse still, the footsteps have started again. I fear that something has happened. The Lieutenant is working on opening the door as I write this.

I?m not sure what time it is now. The lights have gone out-luckily for me my portable datapad glows anyway. When we finally broke into the bridge the other two crew members had gone. The situation seems to have loosened Antilles? grip on reality as she is sure that the tanks are the source of the problem. She has gone to check them all. I don?t mind, I can man the bridge alone, and seeing that the tanks are empty will reassure her.

Antilles has come onto the bridge in a terrible state; yelling and shouting something about red eyes and fangs and goodness knows what. I tried to calm her down and she just stared at me with the eyes of someone who had seen Hell. Then she turned away and said
    ?It is better to die in the void of space than to surrender myself to that?thing. You should join me.? Seeing that I would never do this, Antilles turned to the airlock and activated its voice lock. The last I saw of her was her face turning back as the hatch closed.

It?s morning, as far as I can tell, and I can hear It prowling around outside. Well, I will not surrender to death just yet. I have locked down the bridge?s blast doors and will jettison this log in

2. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
  3. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Creepy! :eek: You kind of have to read between the lines - since the guy is just entering a log - but it's cool. :) Makes me, with my imagination (darn thing :p ) think of horrible things and footsteps . . . I heard footsteps in the kitchen today, really loud, and when I looked no one was there.

*is creeping self out* Anyway. :p Good job! I haven't read what inspired this story, but it was interesting nonetheless. :)

4. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Muhahahaaa! Thanks, I worked hard on this, and I wasn't too sure if it was creepy enough.
    Glad you liked it, though! :)

5. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Ok, i deliberately waited until it was dark, so i could read this story.....and i wish i hadn't now! Gave me the shivers!! It's the sort of story i like best, where what you don't see/read, scares you more! And also, like any good story, i wanted it to go on for longer!

One more thing, as i said in another thread, i won't be sleeping tonight!

Good work Livi, it really is a fantasic wee story you have here, and i hope you do more of them in the future. :)

6. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Oh don't worry...I will! [face_devil]
    Seriously though, I'm glad you liked it Yoshee.

About the shortness thing- I get very embarrased when I put stories here, as everyone else writes like a whole novel, and this goes on about 3 pages of A4. I guess I'm just weird! 8-}

7. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Oh no, it wasn't too short, it's just that when i read something i like, i always want more of it, i'm greedy like that you see :p

I get very embarrased when I put stories here, as everyone else writes like a whole novel, and this goes on about 3 pages of A4.

You should'nt get embarrased about the length of a story, it's the quality that counts at the end of the day, not how long, or short it is. Some of the best stories are short stories after all. ;)

8. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    Yep, nothing wrong with short stories. I really enjoyed it. :)

9. Haqqy_Hoddit_Pabawan

Haqqy_Hoddit_Pabawan Jedi Master

Oct 22, 2003
    Eik! I enjoyed this. :)

10. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Woohoo! I'm going to get really unprofessional here and jig about a bit, okay?
    *jigs about*
    Peoplelikemepeoplelikeme!

11. purpleMonkeeForceUsa

purpleMonkeeForceUsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2002
    it was indeed quite creepy, and really good.
    I like short stories, something quick o read to pass the time whilst surfin the net.
    Good job.

12. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Thanks! [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.