main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NBA 2K3

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by JayFank, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFank

JayFank Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    If anyone has IGN Complete can anyone tell me what NBA 2K3 got rated on XBOX?

2. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    Presentation
    Every NBA player, plus the stars from the 50s all the way to the 90s? Sweetness. Great new ESPN presentation makes the game feel about as real as possible. 8.0
    Graphics
    Fantastic and realistic faces, and now these players sweat! Great new animations and incredibly stadium details. Check out the active first row. 9.0
    Sound
    The play-by-play is great thanks to the new sound technique, but the color commentary wears thin fast -- especially if you've play previous versions. 7.0
    Gameplay
    A solid hoop engine with accurate rim physics and the closest contact down in the post that you'll see in any basketball game. 8.0
    Lasting Appeal
    A solid franchise mode, a fun street mode, and plenty to come back for. I'll be playing this one straight through next October and so will you. 9.0
    OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 8.9

3. JayFank

JayFank Jedi Master star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Can someone post the ENTIRE REVIEW from IGN.com for NBA.com

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm curious to see what "upgrades" were made to the game this year. The NBA 2K series has been the clear-cut best hoops game for years now (Well, since 2K, for sure). I'm actually looking forward to Sega/VC's NCAA Basketball 2K3. I like the NCAA structure better, plus, I cannot stand the crappy "thug life" image of the NBA these days.

5. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    The major upgrade for 2k3 is support for Xbox Live.

If only Sega would release this series in Australia (yep, they don't).

6. Tobey-Wan

Tobey-Wan Jedi Master star 9

Jun 12, 2001
    You can now read the entire review over at xbox.ign.com. They just put the review for NBA Live up so that's insiders only for a while.

7. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    The major upgrade for 2k3 is support for Xbox Live.

Sweet. Was just about to ask. I rented 2k2 over the summer and was holding off on buying thinking that 2k3 would support live.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.