main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    They brought this up on today's PTI, so I'll bring it up here: Should somebody lose their job for having all the Raptors fans wear red this past Saturday, as the Nets ended up wearing their red uni's? I think so. :p Absolutely embarassing when the road team is wearing the same color as what you see in the crowd.

2. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    The Nets have worn their alternates plenty of times this year on nationally televised games to give a clear indication of the frequency in which they wear them.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the red Nets jerseys: going to a lighter blue (vs. the existing dark/navy one) would be a great homage to Brooklyn (namely the Dodgers), but the team probably wants to be more than just the first major pro team playing in the borough in 50+ years and avoid too many connotations with the baseball team. I guess they can leave the references to the Mets.

3. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

JakkUtt-PokkUtt Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    My top 10 reasons the Pistons are going all the way this year:

1.Rip Hamilton uses more screens than a Wallside Windows factory
    2.Shaq has termites
    3.The Pistons have more Flips in their lineup than the Circe du Soliel
    4.Flip Saunder's mini mullet
    5.When Maxiell jumps, he doesn't just come back down, he re-enters the atmosphere
    6.Dale Davis will straight up jack a fool
    7.The Automotion dance squad is freaking hot!
    8.Sheed gets 7 more techs before another suspension
    9.Tayshaun can block a shot from the other end of the court a' la Stretch Armstrong
    10.Joe Crawford, LOL

Let's see your reasons for your team!

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Anyone else hoping for a T-Mac press conference today about how good it feels to be in the second round? :p

I only watched the first half of that game ... it was ugly. Tracy McGrady was taking shots that Kobe wouldn't take. Still, glad to see them defeat Utah, if only because it means Boozer lost.

And I've still got 30+ hours until my team plays again ... ugh ... the NBA needs to rethink the layout for the playoffs.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I don't see how the connotations would hurt the Nets, though.

6. DarthSubZero

DarthSubZero Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I am a n00b here.

n00b1n355 aside, I think the MIAMI HEAT will win back to back titles, Go Heat kay.

Why? Because of one reason and one only...

1. Because the only reason the Heat smelled like ass in the regular season, was because of injuries galore. I think Shaq missed like 42 games. Injuries aside, they are still the team that won it all last year...and now we have Jason Kapono, so YEAH, okay, straight up gangsta speech right THUR.

2.Shaq has termites

He's too GINARMOUS to notice though :(

Either that or the Nuggets..they are in right?

7. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    The Nets want to be more than just the Dodgers' replacement in Brooklyn, I guess. And red is the new trend anyway. :p

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    It was either gonna be red or white and they can't do white because, I believe, Miami does it.

But of course, there's purple as well but I guess they weren't feeling it. :(

9. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    At least Orlando are making a game of the contest so far, and no blow outs as yet. Next two games (I believe) are at home, so we may have a chance at taking at least one of those, which is good enough for me. I can't see them beating Detroit, but if they can at least give it a good shot, win a few games, that's all I can ever ask of them. The good news is, Hill is finally proving his worth after all these years, what a welcome relief that is.

10. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    They'd better get busy catching up in their series with Chicago, then.

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    QFT

But if you win titles through media whining, the Heat are ages ahead of most teams.

12. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Are you kidding me?

Are you kidding me right now?

When did Barbosa become Leborn James?

EDIT: This is disgusting. Disgusting.

But it's very fun to watch.

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    68-47 Phoenix at the half.

As I was saying before, if the Suns are on their game, the Lakers are powerless to do anything about it (other than doing their best to keep up on the offensive end, which only Kobe can do). The Suns just need to keep their focus and not lose momentum, because as surely as they are the better team, and can get big leads in three minutes of real time, they just as surely are prone to losing those leads (and then some).

14. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Ugh. You win KW.

Ever get the feeling where one play an opponent does is virtually unstoppable, and there are limitless options the opposition has off that one play? That's what I'm feeling with the pick/roll right now. I've seen teams defend it extremely well (against the Suns), but watching Kwame and Farmar struggle, I honestly can't remember how those other teams went about controlling it. That's how poorly we're playing it right now.

Although at least Farmar's getting some solid minutes. He played quite well in the 1st quarter. That's about the only plus I can think of.

15. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    There are ways to defend the Suns well, but the Lakers simply don't have the personnel for it. The Spurs have made an art form out of it, but they have the weapons on both ends to make the Suns work hard for their shots.

16. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, I must say, the Lakers young guys have really impressed me this series.

Farmar is hitting shots, Bynum is getting rebounds and becoming a presence in the paint, Walton is hitting shots, and Vujacic is doing alright as well.

17. KnightWriter

Nov 6, 2001
    Phoenix wins 126-98.

That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

18. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    in other news, Luol Deng has arrived.

lol @ Miami

19. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    GO BULLS!!!

20. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    [image=http://images.sportsline.com/u/gettyimages/photos/73901443CC006_Miami_Heat_v_042422_1024x768.jpg]

i loves me some Noc

21. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    [image=http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/pete_gillard/badacesheed.png] !!!

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Here's all I have to say about last night's game:

[image=http://sarcasmtable.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_no.gif]

23. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    THIS. IS. CHICAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

24. Armenian_Jedi

Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost star 7

Mar 14, 2003
    two games into the playoffs so far against the 7th best offensive team, based on offensive efficiency.(points per 100 possessions) and the Suns haven't allowed triple digit points yet, with the Lakers scoring 92.5 points a game.

This impresses me more then the 126 points they put up.

25. JakkUtt-PokkUtt

May 20, 2005
    Carlisle got da axe. He seemed really burnt out anyways. I guess there's room for him in the front office somewhere in Indiana if he wants to pursue that road, but if I were him, I'd probably look to take over the reigns of another club. God knows there are some teams out there that need a real coach... *cough Sonics! cough* If Seattle took in a guy that knows how to manage a team without bitching through the press about his guys, and actually had them playing defense, they'd beat up on some teams that they couldn't beat this year. Hopefully for them, they bring back Rashard Lewis when all the free agency deals are said and done...