main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I believe this signing of Wallace is a signal of trade to come, because the Lakers aren't lacking in forwards. And last night in OKC (I'll post about it later) sucked.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

2. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    YES THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Freaking love Kyrie Irving. not only for tearing it up last night in a completely meaning less setting, but after doing so, when presented with the MVP trophy, he holds it at stomach level and tells the reporter "make sure you get the CLEVELAND in this shot".

I don't know if he actually loves Cleveland and playing there or not, but at the least he's realized if he adopts the anti-Lebron persona, the fans and media are going to flock to him and he'll be more popular and make more money.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    After Irving hit his 6th 3-pointer (I was watching that game, but fell asleep during the 2nd half), I was thinking to myself "Would Inty care at all about Irving tearing it up in a exhibition game?".

:p

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Don't care about the game or him tearing it up at all. I care about his reaction to the accolades.

6. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Got it. For some reason, I though the Rising Stars game was another event to go along with the Rookie/Sophmore game................my brother had to set the record straight on that last night. :p Also, though the All Star game tomorrow starts an hour before The Academy Awards, I guarantee you that if the All Star game was in L.A., no way it would be scheduled on the same night as The Oscars. :p

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    [image=http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/969895/lawl_medium.gif]
    John Wall fail.

8. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    That was a pretty good finish to the ASG. Not sure why Lebron didn't take the final shot, and Kobe looked disappointed in him. Congrats to Kobe for being number one on all star scoring also.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I didn't watch any of the game (Oscar night! :D ), but received an e-mail halfway through the night from my dad, who was complaining about the apparent lack of defense in the game. Did he expect defense? :p

10. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Kobe Bryant gets his nose bloodied and broken, kind of a concussion, in the ALL-STAR GAME...and still ****ing hounds LeBron at the end, who passes it, turns it over, loses the game.

This one year after dunking on him and giving him a butt pat, like "nice try sonny."

Kobe I used to hate you bro, now you are a hero.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Kobe's grit/determination (on the basketball court) is one hell of an admirable quality. And, reading up on last night's game, it looks like I missed quite a finish. :p

12. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002

Deeply underrated qualification. Applies to Jordan too; obviously a transcendent player, but kind of a scummy seeming person.

Anyways, I'm depressed that tonight's Celtics-Cavs game is potentially important for the playoffs, and not in the way it would have been three years ago. Oh how the might have fallen (aged).

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  14. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    If Kobe gets a face mask it will be magical.

15. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Bat Manba?

16. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    [image=http://www.esl-resources.com/halloween/masks/famous/images/01_kobe.gif]
    He's gonna wear a picture of his own face. He'll freak out everyone that guards him.

17. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I love how Wade didn't even care that he mashed Kobe's nose.

18. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Oral history of the Malice at the Palace from Grantland's Jonathan Abrams. Really good read.

Best part:

19. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    Rondo triple double watch. He clearly realized it with about 2 minutes left in the third- he absolutely skied for his last two rebounds.

15-9-8 through three. Celtics up 10; Pierce is playing like garbage, everyone else is ranging from solid (KG, Pietrus) to great (Rondo, Wilcox [obviously relative to what you expect from Wilcox]).

20. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    Last three games tonight had the winner score 104 points. Kind of weird.

Also mask Kobe is pretty good.

21. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    Listen, Steve Novak, I appreciate you being lights out tonight and giving the starters a rest/helping the Cavs get closer to picking Sullinger...but this stealing of Rodgers' Discount Double Check, not okay man.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006

Ron Artest keeps it real.

23. Vengance1003

Mar 4, 2006
    You guys I think the Heat may win the finals if they never have to play a close game in the playoffs.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    After a contrast of games before the All Star break (the Lakers winning a close in Dallas by 5, then falling apart in the 2nd half in OKC to lose by 15), the purple & gold returned home 2 days ago, and played very good game against Minnesota (Kevin Love sat this one out due to flu like symptoms). A 31/7/8 from Kobe, considering all the side effects from Wade's All Star game foul, was just incredible. Gasol & Bynum were good (though Gasol only took 10 shots), while the whole team played with good hustle/looked like a team benefiting from a few days off in a row. Rubio may have lead everyone with 9 assists, but only went 1-8 from the field. The purple & gold will be playing Sacramento tonight at Staples, a game the Lakers could lose (it happened at Staples once last year.............a game I went to. [face_plain] ).

25. New_York_Jedi

Mar 16, 2002
    So Rondo. 18-17-20. Yeah we should totally trade him. o_O

Yeah he had 5 extra minutes, but he had a triple double in regulation too.