main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Rockets look scary with Harden dropping 45 points. I've mostly gotten over the Lin deal and I'm very happy for him, mainly because Ray Felton was beasting last night.

Also lol Lakers, and good job on the Bobcats.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

A incredibly disappointing evening... yeah, they're 0-3 (first time in 34 years), and there's all the offensive/defensive issues, but it's still not time for panic mode yet. It was annoying to see Chris Paul (15 assists, 1 turnover, 14 points) doing his thing as the Lakers were trotting out Steve Blake & Darius Morris, the Clippers bench running circles around their Laker counterparts, and Gasol just disappearing offensively (5-9 from the field, made only 1 basket in the 2nd half). Another annoyance: through these first 3 games, Dwight Howard has had 5 fouls or more in each game.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...h-los-angeles-lakers-suffers-fractured-fibula

He'll be out for a week. Meh.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    could be his body is finally starting to wear down. howard really doesn't look healthy either.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Howard is definitely not 100%, and this was going to be a concern with Nash all year (health), but it's a bit more troublesome now since the team has gotten 100% acclimated to the new offense.

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Just like I wasn't making too much of their 0-3 start, I'm not about to over praise this win (obviously it was niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice that it happened). Pau showing up, Howard only receiving 1 personal foul, and the ease of the Lakers offense in the first quarter were among the highlights of that evening, the other highlights? The fact that I was able to actually watch chunks of the game, via online streaming... I used the radio for the moments in which my wi fi was acting up/the time it took to find a stream with decent audio quality. No deal yet with Time Warner & DirecTV, so for tomorrow night I'll have to go through that whole process again.

6. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Ohio just chose the president! Not Florida. Suck it LeBron James.

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Pacers are going to be without Danny Granger for three months.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8610888/los-angeles-lakers-fired-coach-mike-brown

Damn, that was fast. I don't mind this, though it is a bit a panic move given the paucity of games played so far. It's obvious that this Princeton offense business wasn't going to work out well, and Brown had to have lost the respect of the team, or else why fire him now? I can't imagine that Bernie Bickerstaff would be the interim coach for too long, so I wonder how long it will take to find & hire Brown's replacement? Phil Jackson back again (YES!)? Jerry Sloan (a niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice hire)? Mike D'Antoni (eh, no)? Brian Shaw (should have been the hire to begin with in 2011)?

11. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Rambis is available. :p

12. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    Or maybe they can reunite Stan Van Gundy and Dwight. I'm sure Dwight would love that.

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Hehehe. :p Well, Rambis would be like Shaw in that I imagine he return to the triangle offense, or incorporate a lot of it. But he wouldn't be hired with Shaw out there available (and Shaw being Kobe's choice after Phil retired in 2011).

14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  15. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I mean, harping on the Princeton office is kind of silly- Lakeshow is tied for 5th in offensive efficiency. The offense is fine.

Also the Knicks being undefeated proves that I know nothing about basketball so ignore everything I say.

16. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    As seen on Twitter:

Princeton offense proved too complex for Lakers, so expect a switch to the Devry offense.

17. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    BTW, Cavaliers might be off to the best start they've had in a game EVER. 4 minutes in and the Suns have taken as many timeouts (2) as they have points scored. Wow.

18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    ugh, all the phil talk. it's going to happen, isn't it?

19. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know, on the one hand, nothing surprises me in sports anymore. On the other, Jackson was pretty adamant this was it when he retired at the end of the 2010-2011 season.

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    16-2 lead to start the game. Eventual 26 point lead. and a loss.

[face_plain]

LloydChristmas and MASTERPRENN like this.
  21. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    To me, the Lakers just look silly, and will look even sillier if they re-hire Jackson again. Eventually they're going to have to find a coach that isn't Phil Jackson and stick with him. The basics of mortality dictate that, Phil Jackson isn't going to live forever.

Juliet316 , Darth McClain and DT421 like this.
  22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...il-jackson-frontrunner-los-angeles-lakers-job

Sure it looks silly, but so what? They might as well go back to the well, especially since it seems Jackson is physically up to it, and this window to contend with a nucleus of Nash/Kobe/Gasol/Howard isn't open for very long.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/boxscore?gameId=400277800

I'd normally would DVR'ed the game (since I went out last night to see Skyfall, which was sooooooooooo good), but couldn't due to on going spat between DirecTV & Time Warner. [face_plain] *sighs* And who saw this coming:

[​IMG]

:p

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DT421

Nov 6, 2003
    The Grizzlies just kicked the piss out of the Heat tonight!

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Or, in Arena-speak: Gam Over Grizzlys

25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000