Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Don't feel bad, Tunick. Every team inevitably goes through a time when they are terrible. Remember when the Pistons, Kings and Suns used to be good? Now it's your turn.
  2. tom Chosen One

star 6
    it's true. it just doesn't usually happen to playoff teams who add the best center in the league and a two-time mvp point guard.

obviously we have to see them with nash before we really know how bad they are.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  3. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  4. tom Chosen One

star 6
    [IMG]

i'm glad d'antoni still found a way to play kobe 44 minutes in that blowout.

on the other hand, i hope tunick is ok. :(
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm doing fine. The loss yesterday at MSG was certainly annoying, but today's win in Washington (in which Jodie Meeks impressed by scoring 24 off the bench) helped to brunt that annoyance. Was awake for 25 hours & 40 minutes (from yesterday at about 4:20am until 6am today) after a day of work & seeing The Hobbit at midnight at Grauman's, hence my lateness around here today. :p Rather than rant on again about this increasingly annoying season, I'll just post this. :

[IMG]
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  7. tom Chosen One

star 6
    warriors look like they're for real.
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Their 10-5 mark on the road is most impressive, as was Rubio's 9 assists in 18 minutes off the bench in the T'Wolves win over Dallas last night.

I watched the 4th quarter of this game... was incredible to see Irving get the Cavs back in it, though they ultimately lost the game.
  9. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Triple.
    Last edited by timmoishere, Dec 17, 2012
  10. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Ack, double post.
    Last edited by timmoishere, Dec 17, 2012
  11. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Joakim Noah Triple-Double vs. Celtics.

LOL @ Boston
    DarthTunick likes this.
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well. can't say i ever saw noah having a triple-double. with the nicks actually being good and the lakers bad, this might be a bizzaro year or something.
  13. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I also forgot to mention that in Sunday night's game against the Pelicans, Nicolas Batum had the first 5x5 in the NBA since 2006. Quite a rare feat to get at least 5 points, steals, blocks, assists and rebounds in a game.
  14. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Bucks up and down again this season. Started the season on the road for the 25+season in a row. One of the most messed up thing in sports.
  15. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    You'd think the league would alternate it so if a team opens the season at home one year, they open on the road the next year.
  16. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    After salvaging last week's road trip with wins in Washington & Philadelphia, the Lakers returned here to La La Land on Tuesday night to face the Bobcats. Set aside the purple & gold's struggles this season, aside from Boston, do you know which is the only other franchise to have had a winning record against the Lakers? It's the Charlotte Bobcats! Out the previous 15 games before this one, the Bobcats had won 8 of them. The hell? :p And true to historical form/how this season has been going, the Lakers found themselves in a deep hole in the 3rd quarter (down by 18, boo's reigning in loud from the Staples Center crowd), before going on a 22+-4 point run that ended up winning the game (101-100) for them. Meeks (17 points) continues to impressive, while MWP (also 17 points) continues to show signs here & there of offensive competency. Gasooooooooooool's return wasn't too impressive (10 points, 9 boards), and Kobe & Dwight did Kobe & Dwight things (I nearly couldn't believe what I was seeing on my television set when Howard made back-to-back free throws at 2 separate points in the game... that may never happen again).

Poor, poor Gerald Henderson. :p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Dec 20, 2012
  17. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea... that's really rather insane. that's not even particularly easy to do in a video game.
  18. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    The fact the Jamaal Tinsley has a 5x5 is insane. Like the other guys- Ak-47, Hakeem, Batum, etc kinda make sense. I mean, I don't expect a Josh Smith or LeBron to get a 5x5, but they are more likely than, I dunno, Nate Robinson.
    Last edited by New_York_Jedi, Dec 21, 2012
  19. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    Nash cleared to play tonight!
  20. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Though I think they'll hold him out until Tuesday against the Knicks, if Nash can actually play tonight, then I would love/hope he that he will.
  21. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    ESPN Radio needs to get their facts straight. They keep on saying that Nash is making his season debut today, but he got injured in the second game of the season.
  22. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

The assists there is what matters, but of course the points help as well (he hit a couple of shots late in the game that helped greatly). A niiiiiiiiiice Christmas gift to have Nash back, though obviously he's not a 100% cure pill for the Lakers woes. Interesting numbers from this game (which to date is my favorite win so far on this season*): 41... shot attempts by Kobe, of which he made 16 of them... 20, points scored by MWP, an absolute bonus (because he's solid defensively), 14 & 12... scoring contributions from Hill & Jamison, the Lakers 2 most consistent bench players.... 14, the 4th quarter deficit the Lakers had found themselves in before clawing back to force OT, and eventually winning in that extra period. The Oakland crowd is definitely in the top 5 of best arena crowds in the entire league in my humble opinion.

*Which could be replaced as soon as tomorrow afternoon with a win over the Knicks here in La La Land. The Lakers have had a terrible record over the past 10+ years on Christmas (5-9) Day, which includes 3 straight losses in a row. Of those, perhaps the most memorable came in 2009 against Cleveland due to this:

:p
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

The Christmas uni's the Lakers will be wearing today... while they (in my humble opinion) certainly look better than the Lakers usual horrid looking Sunday/holiday alternate's, this is still an uninspiring look. Why even go all white just because it's Christmas, especially since it doesn't ******** snow out here in La La Land. :p The Knicks ought to be wearing uni's of this color.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    nice win for the lakers. as much as i love watching them struggle, the league is a lot more interesting if they're good.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  25. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  26. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

'Twas a very niiiiiice Christmas this year (1st win on Christmas in 4 years! :D ) for the Lakers: Nash dishing out 11 assists, Pau with that dunk late in the 4th that nailed it, and balanced scoring (all the starters, save for Morris, notched double figures points, lead by Kobe's 34 (of which I believe it's his 9th game in a row scoring 30+), which now puts him atop (passing Oscar Robertson) the all time points scored list on Christmas. Aside from Nash, the key difference maker for the purple & gold was MWP: 20 points (16 in the 2nd quarter), and played great defense throughout... his offense is always touch & go, but his effort defensively is outstanding (the rest of the team ought to take notice)... the foul call that got him knocked out was complete **). Niiiiiiice to see the purple & gold (for the moment) back at .500.

Carmelo was impressive as well (17 points scored in the 3rd, 34 overall) , as was J.R. "my name is Earl" Smith (25) (his missed shot with under 45 seconds to go helped greatly). Wasn't a fan of their all orange (or the Lakers all white) jersey's. A great way to start off the family gathering here at my cousin's place on this Christmas Day.
    :)