Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Hinrich is crap.

That is all.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    !

Gasoooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. :cool:
  3. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    I seriously couldn't believe he did that. That had to be the highest Gasol has ever been off the ground in his life. Adjusting for plane flights rollercoasters and marijuana.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  4. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    J. R. SMITH!

EDIT: AND THEN FOR THE WIN!!!!!
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Dec 26, 2012
    Point Given likes this.
  5. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

Yeah, Kobe did his thing about (40 points, 30+ scored now in 10 straight games), Nash was effective (15 points, 8 assists), and Pau showed more signs of life (19 points), but it all doesn't matter in this defense not needed game that saw Cory Brewer (27 points) impress off the bench for Denver, and all of their starting 5 scoring at least 10 (4 scoring 17 or more). Though the Lakers were already down & having a terrible defense game, the turning point tonight happened with this play:

WTF, Dwight?!
    [face_plain]
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    It should have been called a flagrant 1.
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    why's that exactly? it was pretty obviously on purpose.
  8. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Plus with timing of this being just after Christmas and all that.
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  11. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I just think that firing somebody around the Christmas/New Year holidays is ***** timing and doesn't help the PR of the Nets one bit.
  12. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Getting fired during anytime of the year isn't good.
  13. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    True, but it especially sucks at Christmas time
  14. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Oh and apparently the Nets are pursuing Phil Jackson.

I think this solves the "Why now?" question of Avery Johnson's firing.
  15. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Nah. They don't want Phil and Phil doesn't want them. Poor fit personnel wise for his Triangle offense. Phil doesn't come back unless it's the Lakers or a team that has a serious chance at a ring by June 2014. I don't think Brooklyn qualifies as either of those.
    Darth McClain likes this.
  16. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Phil's not a real solution for Brooklyn.
  17. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    If the Grizzlies are done with their Christmas vacation now, I'd appreciate it if they'd get back to work. [face_waiting]
  18. xblackout Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    How long before the entire Cavs roster is wearing those...facemasks, I guess?
  19. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  20. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I don't care which team does it, but I'm really hoping the Clippers fall hard & get embarrassed* in the playoffs (preferably before reaching The Finals).

*Am I bitter about the opposite directions the Laker & Clipper seasons are taking? Maybe.

:p
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  22. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
  23. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
  24. IntyMobile Jedi Master

star 1
    Just saw that with Andy out, the Cavaliers' starting lineup has an average age of 22 years old. Holy **** that's young.

of course, that young lineup produced the first back-to-back wins of the season. So, lumps are worth it to build a winner. Maybe we can trade Andy for some pieces, and suck enough to get enough ping-pong balls and get the other Zeller.
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    The Lakers ended this calendar year on Friday night with a good tidy win over Portland (104-87... Gasol was the only starter for the purple & gold who played in the 4th). Kobe's streak of scoring 30 or more ended (he notched 27 points, and lobbed to ball to Darius Morris for a nice dunk in the 3rd), Howard had an impressive double double (21 & 14), and Nash did Nash things by dishing out 10 assists. The bench was able to keep the game in check, and my favorite play from this game came via a bench player (Jodie Meeks) midway through the 4th:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiice... that got me off the couch to clap. :D There was also this at halftime:

[IMG]

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles.../jamaal-wilkes-no-52-raised-to-lakers-rafters

It was great to see Kareem, Worthy, West & Baylor on hand for this/and for Jamaal to get his due this year with this ceremony, and more importantly, enshrinement to the Hall of Fame. The Lakers will be retiring 1 more jersey later on this season, one for a certain center that was traded to the team in 1996 & helped with another era of Laker glory. That night will be quite emotional in Tunick household (more so than for Wilkes, and for obvious reasons).

2012 was quite a ridiculously drama filled year for the Lakers: An elbow to the head from MWP on James Harden that was disgusting to see, a 1st round playoff series against Denver that shouldn't have gone to 7 games, a playoff defeat against OKC that wasn't too surprising, netting Nash & Howard in the off season, the terrible start that lead to Mike Brown's firing, and paved the way for Mike D'Antoni to get hired.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...s-lakers-looking-bar-set-los-angeles-clippers

That's the way things are at the moment, the Clippers having a season for the ages (so far), while the Lakers are struggling to be a winning basketball team. Regardless of what happens, 2013 certainly won't be boring basketball wise out here in La La Land.