Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    So...Rondo tore his ACL and then played two overtimes on it? Trying to determine where this ranks on the "Epic Badass" scale.

(I may be fined by Roger Goodell for this post)
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jan 27, 2013
    DarthTunick likes this.
  2. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    David Stern is the current NBA commish, not Goodell (and is sometimes more fine - happy on Owners than Goodell is)
  3. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    "Epic Badass" scale for playing injured, Juliet. Concussions and the NFL and...nevermind.
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jan 27, 2013
    Darth McClain and MASTERPRENN like this.
  4. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i hobbled around for a month on a torn acl before i finally went to the doctor. still, to play basketball at the highest level on one for any length of time is pretty hardcore.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  5. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    During the Sixers/Lakers finals a decade ago, the most non-typical-NBA-player feat of endurance I have ever witnessed in my life was Eric Snow running up and down the court with a broken foot, with the pins literally protruding from his ankle. But, he still played. It was unbelievable.
  6. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i think snow wins that contest pretty much hands down.
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Some interesting numbers for the Lakers over their past 2 games:

-17, 17, 15, 15, 14- the scoring outputs for Gasol/Howard/Nash/MWP/Kobe on Friday night against Utah.

-12, 16, 11, 17, 21, 15- scoring for Jamison/Gasol/Clark/Nash/MWP/Kobe.... some rather niiiiiiiiiiice balance there in each game.

-28- assist total for Kobe over the 2 games, 14 assists in each one.

-5- Meeks' scoring output for today, which seems like a insignificant amount, but this came at the early stages of the 4th quarter, giving the Lakers a needed bounce.

2 wins in a row is a small sample size, not 100% guaranteed (DUH) to be indicative of a Lakers push to .500/the playoffs, but it's been pleasant to see, especially today's effort, since it was against OKC.
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    whoa, kobe starts sharing the ball and the lakers start to look like a team. weird.
    MASTERPRENN and epic like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  10. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Before Tom Benson finalized the deal to buy the Hornets, he said he wanted to change the name. Hornets doesn't mean anything in New Orleans. NOLA is a city rich on culture, tradition and a passion for the state so he wanted a name that was more local. Then there's the issue of, even after 10+ years in New Orleans, national media still mistakenly said the Charlotte Hornets. It happened more often than you'd think. New Orleans wanted something that was it's own, not a name that belonged in Charlotte so now you get the New Orleans Pelicans.
  11. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10

[IMG]

:p
    timmoishere likes this.
  12. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Don't worry, this too shall pass.

(See what I did there)
  13. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I was at the Sixers/Grizzlies clinic on how to not play defensively at all. It was a sick game. Gasol torched us for his career high, but roughly 4 players on each team set career points in this game. We had the lead some absurd number of times like 15. It was really a fun game to watch from a running/dunking/points perspective.

The big news was that Bynum has slam-dunked at practice and is setting a date for starting following the Allstar game. Why this is doubly big in the East is that this news comes at the same time that Rondo is done for the year in Boston. We are only 2 points behind Boston and they just lost their best player while, arguably (aside from possibly Jrue Holiday), our best player is finally healthy and is about to take the court for our run into the playoffs. The Eastern Conference is about to shift, considerably, even if Bynum isn't at full capacity for awhile.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  14. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, the eastern conference is shifting so that the Heat get to trample over somebody new this year.
  15. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Just wait until the Eastern Conference really shifts - when Howard bolts LA after the season and the Lakers tank next year, and then pair the #1 overall pick with Lebron James the following year.
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I can almost see that scenario playing out in its entirety.
  17. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    We can't forget the best part of that scenario - the Tunick brothers, united at last. I can picture them with matching Lebron Lakers jerseys and neckbeards.
    tom likes this.
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    armen with a lebron jersey... that would just be weird.

and how well would it work if kobe were still there i wonder.
  19. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    Not sure yet how I feel about the Grizzlies trading Gay to the Raptors. All I know is that our next game is against the Thunder tomorrow and they will beat us by 30 points - give or take a touchdown.
  20. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    who'd they get for gay? i mean... who in the world do the raptor's have that was worth him? that just makes no sense.
  21. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Did they really need to shed money of their payroll that badly?
  22. DT421 Force Ghost

star 5
    The Raptors gave up point guard Jose Calderon and forward Ed Davis in the deal, and then the Grizzlies swapped Calderon with the Detroit Pistons for Austin Daye and Tayshaun Prince and somehow got a second round pick from somebody in there.

I'm intrigued by Davis, because he's fairly young and improving, but we might as well call ourselves the Memphis Forwards now.
    Last edited by DT421, Jan 30, 2013
  23. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    certainly sounds like it DT.

and i guess that's a decentish turn over for gay.
  25. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10