Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Kyrie Irving will not be replacing Rajon Rondo as a starter in the All-Star game. Lebron James will be starting at the point, and Chris Bosh will replace him at power forward in the starting lineup.

Because, you know, Miami needs to continue to piss off Cleveland sports fans.
  2. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    it's not like they're the ones who made that decision i don't think. wouldn't that be on the coach?
  3. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Yes. And who is the coach of the Eastern All-Stars?
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i'm assuming spoelstra, based on that comment. but unless lebron specifically asked to start at point, i doubt that he and bosh had much of anything to do with it.
  5. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  6. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    So, Michael Jordan, who turns fifty tomorrow, has a ready plan to train for another comeback. Which is good, because he thinks he's the best player the Bobcats have, which is something he proved when he beat their rookie in a game of 1-on-1.

Now, as entertained as I am at the thought of a Jordan comeback. I'm equally frightened of it.
    Juliet316 likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    That's inspiring. Because, Barkley is also just turning 50. And the 76ers could use him right now...
    DarthIntegral likes this.
  8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    You know ... I might just watch the NBAARP.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Count me in.

Kobe scores 81? Pshaawwww. Wilt Chamberlain dropped 100 against the Knicks 50 years earlier. I know he's dead now, but his corpse would make a great coach.
  10. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i don't think barkley's in as good of shape as jordan...

and frankly, nothing jordan does would surprise me. i know i'd at least want to watch to see what happens. with all the rule changes, he very well might be able to, if not start every game, make a difference. although why in the world he'd play for the bobcats is beyond me...
  11. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    Hey, it's not hard to star on that team right now. :p
  12. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    He owns them. 'nuff said.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    if i were going for that kind of comeback, i'd want it to be on a somewhat better team i think... although it's jordan. he'd probably be trying to make them a contender.
  14. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    It would be the same reason as why he played for the Wizards a while back. They weren't really going anywhere, so it would be easier for him to step in and show everyone up than it would be on a contender.
  15. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i'm just imagining if he went to the heat... that might be funny, in all honesty. would upset the apple cart i'm pretty sure though.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Feb 16, 2013
  16. tom Chosen One

star 6
    he's fifty years old guys, come on. he was a shell of his former self and had to get his knees drained weekly when he was 40.
  17. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    BUT HE BEAT KIDD-GILCHRIST IN A MEANINGLESS 1-TO-1 TOM

after hearing this news i randomly youtubed Jordan and re-watched the last quarter of his last ever game for the Bulls. man, what a sweet end to that Utah game
    Last edited by epic, Feb 16, 2013
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    At what point does Jordan's legendary psychopathicness gets less respect? He's got to stop with crap like this, or even hinting at it... it's just sad. And speaking of sad things, why can't All Star Saturday just be the 3-point competition, the slam dunk contest (which needs some serious overall), and a H-O-R-S-E contest (they need to bring that back with some serious rule changes)? I can't think of anything more useless than the shooting stars & skill competition exhibition.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Feb 16, 2013
  19. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Jordan gets to do or say whatever Jordan wants for however long Jordan wants because he's Jordan, Tunck [face_not_talking]
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  20. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    No. :p Magic Johnson got all sorts of crap for that abomination of late night show he did in the 90's, and he deserved it! Legendary sports status can't always excuse ridiculousness.
  21. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    i for one happen to think Jordan's ridiculous oversized suits are the height of fashion, man
  22. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    It is kind of hilarious that the NBA scheduled All - Star Weekend on Jordan's 50th birthday. They had to know this kind of comeback crap was coming from the Jordan camp.
  23. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, as far as i know he hasn't actually said anything about it. it was just glover saying something in relation to his HOF speech. more or less, isn't it? i mean, i really don't think he'd do it.
  24. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Well this is Jordan we're talking about. A man with an ego that really only Kobe can match in the NBA.
  25. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    pfft. not even kobe can match it. he just wishes he could.
    Juliet316 likes this.