Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    No idea why NBA would remove their own higlights vid, but here is a fan's copied link:

Very carefully look at the circus act in the very first play after 1:45. How that fool didn't accidentally bodyslam his own bench and how Holiday went from avoiding a roundhouse kick to the face directly into landing a 3 pointer is quite beautiful. I was directly across from where that play took place.
  2. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    So...why is Wally Szczerbiak doing half time analysis for this Knicks-Cavs game?
  3. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    You'll never get answer. :p

[IMG]

It's been little over 2 years now since those 2 were sitting courtside for a Clippers/Lakers game, and still no explanation was ever given for that. Nothing for 2 years!
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 4, 2013
  4. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    I would have been pissed if I was sitting behind them
  5. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    To remind us of the good old days ... When blowing a twenty point least was playoff common happening and not an unusual regular season happening. :(
  6. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Forget these clowns... what the heck is going on with that bizzare freak to the right? Is his neck broken? Exorcism? Look at his neck!!! And the expression on his face!!!
  7. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    :(
  8. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

OKC began the game on 7-0 run, and ended it on a 14-0 run, but the sections of the game in between were respectable enough for the Lakers, which included a couple of ridiculous 3-point shots made by Kobe, one of the them ending in a 4-point play. I'm calling it now... OKC will win the title in June.

!

A tale of 2 games:

39-20: The 2nd quarter score, the Pelicans Hornets flat out embarrassing the Lakers. Though the Lakers won the 3rd quarter by 1 point, it began to look like a forgettable night, one of many from this season.

33-9: The 4th quarter score, the Lakers ending the game on 20-0 run. Kobe + Meeks + Howard (a couple of free throws, plus timely rebounds & blocks) leading the way, salvaging the night (from grumpy Tunick to happy Tunick), and maybe, just maybe their playoff hopes. One of my favorite games of this season.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...omments-disrespectful-20130306,0,2360934.post

Dwight: SHUT UP about your time in Orlando. :p
  9. tom Chosen One

star 6
    rose cleared to play

he still says he's not ready and the bulls aren't rushing him, but still good news for our resident bulls fan @epic
    epic and DarthTunick like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    That is good news for the Bulls. And it gives me great hope that the 76ers will someday activate Bynum. Actually, no it doesn't.
  11. tom Chosen One

star 6
    this is unfortunately a lost season for the sixers. it will be interesting to see what kind of offers bynum gets in the offseason and if the sixers pursue him.
  12. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    Believe it or not, the 2 free agents I most hope they pursue are Monta Ellis and Shaun Livingston. There may be better, but I think either of those 2 would solve a massive amount of problems around Holiday, Moultrie, and Turner.
  13. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  14. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    because it's golden state and they have a history of stupidity on their hands?
  15. tom Chosen One

star 6
    no, because they couldn't afford to sign harden to an extension unless the thunder (or someone else) took on one of their bad contracts. the article says as much. yes, in retrospect they should have jumped on it and figured out their cap situation later, but let's also not forget that thompson hasn't exactly been terrible or that no one really predicted exactly how good harden could be as the number one option on a team.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    but they also have a history of making bad contract and personnel decisions. at least for the last couple decades. otherwise they'd have been in a position to take advantage of the harden offer.

EDIT

and i STILL think it was INCREDIBLY stupid on presti's part to break up that trio. that would have been a killer, killer trio for years. better than manu, parker and duncan ultimately i think.
    Last edited by Trimaj, Mar 8, 2013
  17. tom Chosen One

star 6
    that's a fair point. i took your post to mean "just another in a long line of stupid decisions", when they actually did have valid reasoning this time. also thompson is a keeper and part of a solid young core. when bogut, biedrins and jefferson do come off the books after next year this could be a franchise that's finally in decent shape.

edit: i think it's still too early to judge the harden trade from the thunder's standpoint. martin has been very good for them. but they're in a position after last year where anything short of an nba championship will be a disappointment. ultimately (fairly or not) that's how the trade will be judged, on whether they win a title or not.
    Last edited by tom, Mar 8, 2013
  18. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    understandable i suppose.

and i guess we'll see on the warriors. i just wouldn't be terribly shocked if they did something else to goof things up, given the track record (unless they have a new GM recently, then it's kinda a guessing game).
  19. tom Chosen One

star 6
    yeah, they have a new gm this year. also they're moving into a new stadium on the san francisco waterfront in 2014, which is what i think their rebuilding process is gearing toward. that said, they'll most likely make the playoffs this year (their schedule is really favorable the rest of the way) which is already a step up.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  20. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Glad to hear he's physically fit, tho the mental factor will obviously be harder to get through. Understandably. If that knee goes again thats his career. I do think he needs to get on the court this season though, otherwise that mental factor will be there all off season.
  21. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    The Blazers absolutely crushed the Spurs tonight.
  22. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    @BillSimmons: Kobe Bean Bryant... GOOD GOD
  23. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    lol, i swear trimaj is the only person on the jc who seems to only have access to this one website.

anyway, it sure looks like kobe is single-handedly going to will the lakers into the playoffs. i honestly think if he does it will be one of his most impressive feats as a player, especially when you factor in his age and all the miles he's already put on those knees. willing them out of the first round on the other hand, now that would be a near miracle.
  25. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Kobe's 3 3-pointers in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter.

His dunk toward the end of overtime.

Another game with 40+ points (41), 12 assists, and a few "Holy ****, holy ****!" moments that still have me grinning like the Cheshire Cat. Not to be forgotten: Nash hitting a rather key 3-pointer with 45 seconds left in OT (22 in total for the evening), Howard's impressive double double (24/13, and added 5 blocks along the way), and Meeks/Jamison/Blake doing all the other work needed to have kept the Lakers afloat last night. Damn, what a thrill!

anyway, it sure looks like kobe is single-handedly going to will the lakers into the playoffs. i honestly think if he does it will be one of his most impressive feats as a player, especially when you factor in his age and all the miles he's already put on those knees. willing them out of the first round on the other hand, now that would be a near miracle.

Shades of the '05-'06 season (in which Kobe should have won the MVP), except the talent is better on this team, but that talent is old, old, old. :p

[IMG]

Playoffs?[face_praying]
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 9, 2013