main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    I really just hope Boston gets the 8 seed.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    That Heat/Celtics game yesterday was a prime example of lose-lose situation for me: The Heat's winning streak continuing is making me a bit nervous about the Lakers all time record being in jeopardy, but I wouldn't have enjoyed Boston being the team to have broken the streak.

Amen, Bob Ryan! Sure, the dunk was ok, a nice play (like DeAndre Jordan's infamous dunk on Brandon Knight), but too damn much was made of it. A lot of the reason as to why I can't stand the other L.A. professional basketball team is for their insufferable nicknames of 'Lob City' and 'Lob Angeles'... dunks like are ok every now & then, but get boring after awhile. Give me a dunk that actually seals a game/changes the momentum late in a game over any of these "spectacular" dunks.

A niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice beginning to me & my buddy's planned evening of celebrating St. Patrick's Day*. Nash going 19 & 12 (assists), Metta going 10-13 from the field, and Dwight nabbing 17 boards was good to see, but the highlights of the night were the play of Jamison (27 points) & Steve Blake (16 points, 8 assists), in particular their 3-point shooting (5 for Jamison, 4 for Blake). Even if these Kings become the new incarnation of the Seattle Supersonics, their likely to still be quite a mess next season, even with niiiiiice talent (Isaiah Thomas, Evans, and Cousins) on the team.

*Despite that, there simply were too many green shirts/green colored clothes among the Staples Center crowd. Sure, there's nothing wrong with celebrating St. Patrick's Day, but a little more sense of the rivalry with the Celtics would have been appreciated. Not even Jack was immune from this:

[​IMG] :p

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/stor...fatigued-reserves-restless-tail-end-back-back

Last night's viewing experience went in the opposite direction... other than Phoenix's great looking throwback uni's & the Lakers wearing the home yellow's on the road, it was quite the disappointing & ultimately forgettable night. Does D'Antoni deserve some blame here? Yes & No. Yes, since the Lakers had yet to sweep a set of back-to-back games this season, and the age issue on this team is a known factor going against them in certain situations. No, since many of the players sitting there on the bench (Sacre, Morris) were part of the problem earlier this season, while the other two (Duhon, Ebanks), while effective role players (maybe), still could have played lacklusterly last night anyway.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    big win for the nuggets in okc. i really hope these teams meet again in the playoffs.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah, I am growing fond of their rivalry.

5. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    An historic event just happened on Twitter:

[​IMG]Dan Gilbert@cavsdan
    6m

Cleveland Cavaliers young talent makes our future very bright. Clearly, LeBron's is as well. Time for everyone to focus on the road ahead.

Expand

This is believed to be the first time Dan Gilbert has referenced Lebron by name since "The Decision"

6. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    It'll be better if the Cavs end the Heat's streak.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If that happens, Tunick should get a Cavaliers tattoo ...

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    strikes me as unlikely, but it would be interestingly poetic if it happened.

9. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    clearly gilbert is going for some kind of reverse jinx.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

An oil leak from the scoreboard has is causing a delay... both team's have been sent back to the locker room. :p

11. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Still won't be as annoying, though, until my brother gets home from work & watches the game via his DVR. It would have been so spectacular if Cleveland had ended this streak, but it just wasn't meant to be.

12. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i find it interesting that there wasn't much vitriol for lebron this time around.

and somehow i doubt they manage to pull off beating the lakers streak tunick. would be kinda surprising if any teamn ever manages that.

13. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You watch, Jordan will unretire for one night only to help the Bobcats try and stop the streak *:p and ducks*

14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    lol. that would be hilarious, but doubtful i think. not sure he'd really make that big of a difference on that team...

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Why does God hate Cleveland so much?

16. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Cleveland, I hate you.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
  19. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    wow... that's the worst flopping i've ever seen i think. other than that neither of them actually went down.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it's really sad to see a notorious poor sport and dirty player like demarcus cousins viciously manhandle the great chris paul like that.

epic likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
  22. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I am going to be going to the Spurs and Nuggets game in San Antonio on Wednesday, March 27th. Any special requests?

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, the 76ers would like their win back. See if you can undo the 0.09 seconds-left foul.

24. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Wasn't there something about being fines for that type of flopping?

25. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    yes, there's supposed to be. but apparently it's not really having much done about it. that or you don't really hear about it.