Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. tom Chosen One

star 6
    lol, did you click the buzzfeed link?

[IMG]
    DarthTunick likes this.
  2. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Of course I did.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 22, 2013
  3. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i was asking the person who said they should photoshop an oscar in his hand, schmuck. :p
  4. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  5. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Oooooops.:oops:
  6. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

:p

Quite the forgettable night for the Lakers, not so much for Washington: outscored the purple & gold 31-17 in the 3rd quarter that jump started their comeback, John Wall played out of his mind (24 points, 16 assists), and former Laker Trevor Ariza was spectacular (25 points, hit 7 3-pointers). Ahhhh, the memories of Ariza:

One of the better role players the Lakers have had in the 2000's.
  7. Juliet316 Shelf of Shame "Loser"

Game Winner
    star 7
    Don't suppose you saw this after the game:

8. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    So, Marc Gasol is out indefinitely, after re-aggravating his abdominal injury. That is a serious blow to the Grizzlies. I highly doubt they'll be able to get to the 4-seed, and first-round home field advantage, without him.
  9. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    [face_plain]

The Cavs are 3-3 in games this season when they have at least a 20-point lead. The rest of the league is 332-11

[face_plain]

[face_plain]
  10. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
  11. Juliet316 Shelf of Shame "Loser"

Game Winner
    star 7
    ESPN is reporting that Wade's out against the Bobcats.
  12. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10

I did... D'Antoni was right.
  13. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

Though the final score on Monday night was 109-103 in favor of Golden State, the game really wasn't that close, as the Lakers were down around 15-20 points for so much of the game... the Warriors were getting basically any shot they wanted, as the Lakers defense was as effective in this game as having a lit match to keep warm in a cold swimming pool. Also, there's this: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9104960/metta-world-peace-surgery-torn-meniscus . And Dallas/Utah are both only a game behind the Lakers now for that 8th seed. Nervous time!
  14. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Waiting for the Spurs and Nuggets game to start.
  15. Juliet316 Shelf of Shame "Loser"

Game Winner
    star 7
  16. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
  17. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

Thank you, Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicago! w00t! :D I'm probably a bit more excited about this than I should be (I did jump up & down after the final buzzer sounded), but **** it. That 33 game streak is one of the proudest moments in one of the greatest seasons the Lakers have ever had, and though Miami did give it a great try (the most serious scare in my life/since 1972), it's rewarding beyond belief to see their streak end.

[IMG]

^:)^

:cool:
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Mar 27, 2013
  18. Juliet316 Shelf of Shame "Loser"

Game Winner
    star 7
    And every Laker, Chicago, and Cleveland fan celebrate.
  19. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Thank you Chicago.

I do feel just a little bad for the six actual Heat fans in the world. Well, not really ... I just like pointing out that there are only like six actual Heat fans in the world.
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  20. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    I can't wait until my brother gets home from work tonight...
  21. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    The fact the win was without our two best players makes it even more sweeter

lol @ Miami
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  22. RX_Sith C&G Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Last edited by RX_Sith, Mar 28, 2013
    DarthTunick likes this.
  23. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    In all the excitement of the Heat's streak ending last night, I almost forgot about how the Laker game ended:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...51.html?utm_hp_ref=los-angeles&ir=Los Angeles

Now, should it matter that there was no call here? As I see it, no, because of Minnesota's Hack-a-Dwight strategy: Howard was fouled 4 times, 4!, between the 2:56-2:03 mark of the 4th quarter (Dwight made 1 of the free throw's twice, and missed both free throws twice). That's ridiculous... I don't care if it's "sound strategy", the Hack-a- fouling is always ruins the flow of a game, and reeks of desperation. Thus, give me a violin to play for Rubio & the rest of the Timberwolves.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    maybe get a center who can make a ****ing free throw. it's that or sit him down like the clippers have to do with jordan at the end of games. but no, you're right, the refs should totally stop calling the game just because your coach is too helpless to counter the other team's strategy.
    LloydChristmas and Darth McClain like this.
  25. DarthTunick SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Dwight's shooting 49% at the line this season, so even if he were to work on that during the off season, I don't see a dramatic increase to the point where team's will not use the Hack-a strategy. I doubt it, but the NBA should look at the rule (something beyond not being able to use it within the final 2 minutes of regulation). As for the refs, at least the NBA is semi-consistent in not calling plays at the end of a game, though I'd imagine that too could change sometime in the future.