main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    eh, i didn't think it was that bad. the barnes foul shouldn't have been a flagrant, but i felt the refs were erring on the side of caution and trying to stop the game from getting out of hand. the double foul on griffin and randolph was a bad call, but not terrible. overall i thought the refs were decent. it was an ugly game though. if the grizzlies can keep it that way for the rest of the series they will probably win.

2. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    the no call on randalph grabbing griffins wrist at about 4 minutes kind of stuck out to me as well. was more things of that nature that i thought was bad, although what you mentioned as well.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh yeah, that was bad. i think the ref simply had a bad angle on that one though.

4. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, I'll just consider it a make up for the push-off that Paul committed on Allen when he hit the game winner in game 2. :p

5. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    having not seen that game, i can't really comment on it.

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  7. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Damn.

Also makes the Harden deal look even dumber.

Trimaj likes this.
  8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    yeah, i guess he could pull a world peace and be back in a week or two, but you'd have to think they'll be really careful with him since he's still so young.

9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Of last year's Eastern Conference playoff teams...

1. Bulls-- Rose out, knee.
    3. Pacers-- Granger out, knee.
    4. Celtics-- Rondo, knee.
    7. Knicks-- Stoudemire, knee.
    8. Sixers-- Trade Iguodala for Bynum, who doesn't play a game due to his...knees.

And now this with last year's WC Finals team. Can anyone be sure Pat Riley isn't pulling some elaborate Tonya Harding scheme?

10. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    well. that changes things pretty significantly. who's the new favorite in the west with that happening? the spurs?

also, this could mean that durant gets a chance to shine in a very different way. he's now the main weapon on the team, and should see an uptick in shots allocated to him. given how efficient he's been this year, he could start putting up some insane numbers.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    It'll be the Spurs and they'll win one last title to send Duncan, Ginobli and Parker off into the sunset.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    he's become so much better at distributing the ball this year. i expect defenses to collapse on him even more now that westbrook is out, and for him to continue to look for the open man. all of his stats should go up, but i'm not sure about insane numbers.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Westbrook out?

[​IMG]

To be realistic, your Majesty. I think we are going to have to accept Miami dominance for the time being ...

Shall we just dub it the "Re Heat" now, so we can all get ahead of the joke about how much we hate leftovers ...

Juliet316 and DarthTunick like this.
  14. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i have some significant doubts about that juliet.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm just going to try to enjoy the individual series, even if the overall result is a foregone conclusion. i hope curry can go tonight, he has become my favorite player.

DarthTunick likes this.
  16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I wish I could say that I was confident that the Lakers will win tonight, but I'm not. Damn it.

17. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    don't think that morris/goudelock starting backcourt is going to get it done?

18. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Goudelock is a competent player, and fit the team well enough last season... I'm actually looking forward to seeing him play. Morris? Good grief, even with all the injuries, he shouldn't be playing. He doesn't shoot well, and brings nothing else to the table. He & Sacre are the two worst players on this team, and I fear they'll be getting minutes of playing time tonight.

19. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    Breaking: The Celtics are old

Also, I will be drinking all of the beer in Boston tonight. Sorry fellow Bostonians.

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I bought myself 3 tall cans of malt liquor specifically for tonight's Laker game... I may upgrade to hard liquor for game 4.

21. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Between the Celtics looking old and done and the Lakers hopeless without Kobe, and now with Westbrook getting injured, it seems like the Heat are going to repeat rather easily and that the Celtics especially need to rebuild.

22. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    let's not forget that the celtics are without their best player too, but yeah they're probably done with this nucleus.

also, if you're watching lakers/spurs i just want to say that this warriors/nuggets game is off to an insanely entertaining start.

23. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i would have to agree with tom on that one.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Lakers down 55-44 at the half, and without Goudelock notching 10 points in the 2nd quarter, the deficit would be a lot worse for the purple and gold (at one point they were down by 18, which caused the crowd in Staples to boo). The offense has been rather disjointed so far, sadly to no surprise. 60% shooting from the field for the Spurs, 43% for the Lakers. Yikes . Watching this game tonight as I almost always do when I'm at home...with the lights off in the room...Michael Corleone style.

25. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    as fun as it will be to watch one of these two teams play the spurs in the next round, i would much rather watch them play each other again.