Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Hey Tunick, saw this on YouTube and thought of you.

Love him or hate him, there's no doubt he will be a Hall of Famer.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  2. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Disappointing to see the Nuggets go out in the first round. At least it was helluva entertaining.

New Prediction: Memphis to lose to the Heat in 5 games.
  3. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    I gave Hinrich crap earlier in the season but if he doesn't play game 7, the Bulls are done.

Rose to make a game 7 return to help out this walking wounded team? Nah, I don't think so either.
  4. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I view it more as "Boston's been to hell and back the last few weeks, so they deserve to have the Celtics at least make it out of the First Round."

You realize if the Knicks lose this series, Carmelo will have pretty much inherited the title of "Playoff choker" from Lebron, right?
  6. tom Chosen One

star 6
    not really since he's never even been first team all-nba and thus has nowhere near the same level of pressure or expectations. plus he'll always have that time he led syracuse to a title as a freshman to fall back on.
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    New York currently up by 11 midway through the 3rd...despite their improved offense (who knew that ball movement can lead to a better run offense?), Boston keeps going on these mini runs to stay in it.
  8. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i have never seen anything like this.

edit: clippers against grizzlies 26-1 run last year comes close, but the celtics just looked so done this whole game. then down by 26... even if they don't come all the way back this is simply incredible.
    Last edited by tom, May 3, 2013
    YodaKenobi and DarthTunick like this.
  9. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    I'm going to have a ******* heart attack.

Also why the hell are you rooting for Boston, Tunick?
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    1) A game 7 at MSG, especially considering these circumstances, would be great theater. A perfect ending to this series.

2) Sometimes, just in right situation/environment, some things are bigger than the rivalry. There's something really admirable about what the Celtics have done here, to get this series (and this game) to this point. I've got to respect this effort.
  11. tom Chosen One

star 6
    celtics might be spent. jeff green at least looks completely out of gas.
  12. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Now that's what I'm talking about. Melo where the hell were you for the 2 quarters before this?
    LloydChristmas likes this.
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
    Pacers/Knicks should be a good series, considering Indiana's defensive abilities & the Knicks being prone to too much isolation offensive.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, May 3, 2013
  14. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
  15. tom Chosen One

star 6
    great run by the celtics. great job by the knicks to regain their composure. what looked like one of the worst games of the playoffs turned into one of the more exciting finishes. hope houston/okc can be as good.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  16. tom Chosen One

star 6
    scott brooks is a terrible coach. the thunder are undisciplined on both sides of the floor and get by on talent alone. without westbrook they just don't have quite enough talent for that to work.
  17. LloydChristmas Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Joey Crawford throws so many technicals that I wonder if he does it in his daily life. I could imagine him getting mad at like a toaster, throwing a "T," and tossing it out the window.
    tom and DarthTunick like this.
  18. tom Chosen One

star 6
    ok, so the thunder finally figured out some things in that fourth quarter. of course they match up very differently with the grizzlies. kendrick perkins might actually have to earn his paycheck. should be fun!
    Last edited by tom, May 3, 2013
  19. Darth Tunes SfC Commish on an "All-Star" break

Game Host
    star 10
  20. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm sure Chris Paul will look great in a Lakers uni next year.
  21. tom Chosen One

star 6
    if they are as intent as they seem to be on sticking with d'antoni going after paul would definitely make more sense than resigning howard. still won't put them anywhere near the heat though.
  22. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    When did he every have that title?

When he opened his played career with that amazing game vs the Wizards? When he singlehandedly beat Detroit? When he nailed that epic game winner against Orlando?

Look, I'm a hater, but at least I'm based in reality. LeBron is and has been many things. We don't really need to make up reasons to hate him. If you want reasons to hate him, I can give you some ... Not four, not five ...
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm not actually a Lebron hater, not really. I think he went about The Decision the wrong way, but he does come across to me overall as a geniunely nice guy.

That being said, 'playoff choker' was a term I heard thrown around a lot in other places when the Heat lost to the Mavs in 2011, so that's probably where I heard him given that particular title.
  24. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Apart from that game winner, didn't he pretty much disappear for that entire Orlando series? That same Orlando team that went on to the Finals?
  25. tom Chosen One

star 6
    lol yeah, he only averaged 38.5 points per game in that series. pretty much disappeared.