Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    I will take the Bucks pick. I know noting about him, but hey IT'S ALL COOOOOLLLLL!
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Classic drama... potentially; We'll see if this potential feud grows at all.
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    His retirement date is Feb. 1, so this was pretty much his last offical function, barring any players/Mark Cuban wanting Stern to fine them one more time before he goes.
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    hasn't he done that kind of thing before? i seem to remember a clip of him coming out for a draft and getting booed, and he just put his hand to his ear acting like he couldn't really hear them because they weren't being loud enough. which was one of the reasons simmons refers to him as the notorious david stern.
  5. xblackout Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    Yessssssss, we seriously have to do this!
  6. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    He's retiring in the middle of a season? That seems strange. Oh well, I'm sure he's thought it through a lot more than I have....which is all of three seconds.
  7. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
  8. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Well, the Houston Rockets have dumped Thomas Robinson, sending him to Portland for a pound of beef jerky, a weekend at a coastal rental home, and a gift card to the Olive Garden. Thus, Houston has enough cap space for a full max contract offer to Dwight Howard.

I really think Howard ends up in Houston. And that is then a hell of a team.

Also, the Knicks agreed to a trade today to pick up Andrea Bargnani. Seems to be good for both teams.
  9. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    And the Clippers trade for Doc Rivers, even if it didn't yield them KG and Pierce, does allow them to keep Chris Paul if the ESPN reports are to be believed.
  10. tom Chosen One

star 6
    after the last two seasons, i'm not convinced that howard brings that much more to the table than asik. and those are two guys that would be really awkward to play at the same time. i know they're hellbent on getting him, but this seems like a weird fit for the rockets.
  11. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

[IMG]

And the Lakers PR campaign about Howard continues...
  12. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    yea, i'm with tom. i'd probably rather have asik at this point. unless there is indisputable evidence that his back is fixed, and he's going to be what he was before it started bugging him so much. which i have serious doubts will happen.
  13. New_York_Jedi Force Ghost

star 6
    I might rather have Asik at his contract than Howard at the Max, but Dwight still put up pretty good stats.

Per 36:

Dwight: 17-12.5-1.4.-1.1-2.5 on 58% from the field
    Asik: 12-14-1.1-.7-1.3 on 54%

Advanced stats like PER (19.4 v. 14.9) and WS/48 (.134 v. 1.08) back up that a diminished Howard is still the better player. I'm not Asik will get much better or Howard much worse, so I can see the logic behind Morey's gamble, even if I may not be willing to give Dwight a max right now.
  14. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Man I wish the Knicks would stop trading away future first round picks like they were candy.
  15. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Brad Stevens to Celtics.

I like it.
  16. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    A year older than Paul Pierce and a year younger than Garnett.

Like Kidd though, nice to see some young blood thrown into the coaching mix.
  17. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    While I'm sad to see him leave the college game, I think he can do some good things in Boston.
  18. tom Chosen One

star 6
    lots of howard to the warriors talk. it would have to be a sign and trade though, and it sounds like the warriors would likely have to part with klay. really not sure how i feel about that.
  19. tom Chosen One

star 6
    wow, love the iggy move. and suddenly barnes and thompson look slightly more expendable if they do have a chance to land howard.
  20. tom Chosen One

star 6
    howard to rockets apparently. still not sure i like the fit.
  21. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    This isn't Prenn the Laker fan talking, but Prenn the basketball fan. I think that Howard's best chances at winning multiple championships lies with the Lakers. In 2014 they are going to have tons of cap space to surround him with elite talent, and in addition to that no franchise has the cut-throat title pursuit legacy that the Lakers have. They have proven time and again that they will do whatever they need to do to get a championship, and if Howard chooses Huston over that, I think it cements my opinion of him being short-sighted. Or, at least, not valuing championships as much as other things.

That said, as a Laker fan, I would prefer a sign and trade with the Warriors, netting us Klay, Harrison, and Bogut, even to us re-signing Dwight.
    Last edited by PRENNTACULAR, Jul 5, 2013
  22. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Curry, Klay, H-Barnes, Iggy, David Lee is a pretty awesome lineup. Warriors should remain exciting, except I just jinxed everything sorry GS fans
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jul 5, 2013
  23. tom Chosen One

star 6
    best you would have done is bogut and one of the other two guys. warriors actually have decent people in their front office for once. i think the lakers would have much rather done that then let him walk to houston for nothing, but ultimately dwight's a free agent and it's his decision. also they might be reluctant to help an already good team in their own division land him.
  24. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i actually see bogut starting at the 5 as long as he's healthy, with lee at the 4 as long as he's recovered from surgery. which means either klay, barnes or iggy will come off the bench. not a bad problem to have.
  25. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    Any one of those guys could be sixth man of the year next year coming off the bench.