main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

10.0%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

40.0%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

5.0%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

40.0%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

5.0%
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Kobe to the Bulls after this season? You heard it here first.

2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Not happening.

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
  4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I didn't see that coming. :p

5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Overpaid. He's not good enough to really do much for the Pistons. He'll improve them, sure, but not enough.

7. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it shows that he'd rather be the star on a bad team than an important cog on a team that could win the title. contending teams dodged a bullet imo.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  8. EBSaints

EBSaints Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 29, 2002
    It's official:

9. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well. things are going to be a bit different this upcoming season it would seem. i wonder how much that move is going to hurt the rockets though... i don't see them keeping asik now for one thing. although until they know howards back is fine, i would NOT let him go if i had any choice in the matter.

10. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    With the way Asik is complaining, the Rockets may not be able to keep him around and happy to wait on Dwight's back.

11. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    well, it's kind of hard to blame him. i'd probably be complaining about that situation too.

12. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
  13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Before I post how I feel about all that, my 2 favorite excerpts from that article:

I'd also bring back beloved veterans Derek Fisher and Luke Walton for the veteran's minimum, then keep my 15th roster spot open and spend the season signing old Lakers favorites (Robert Horry, Rick Fox, Michael Cooper, Sam Perkins, etc.) to a series of 10-day contracts.
    Important note: Lakers fans would LOVE this. ****, they'd even enjoy 10 days of Slava Medvedenko

I would be 100% on board with that (as I am with the Farmar signing, and the possibility of Odom returning as well. Why the **** not?).

Tell Jack Nicholson to stay away for the entire season.

We don't want Jack sitting there and enduring a willfully bad Lakers team. It might kill him.

Since people watching the courtside regulars during the home games is one of my favorite Laker hobbies (if not my favorite) during any NBA season, I'm greatly interested to see who shows up & for how often during the '13-'14 campaign. Even if Jack misses more games than he usually does (around 10-15ish per season on average) , will the others follow suit?

As for the rest of it, I'd rather see the Lakers amnesty MWP (even if he can still help out enough on defense) over Gasol, because Gasol could contribute more offensively (and of course is a better overall player than MWP), and they'd still be saving the same amount of luxury tax money ($30 million). Rather than to see the franchise deliberately tank, I'd rather seem them try to be respectable & struggle for a playoff spot, and then take their chances with the free agent class next summer (their sure to land at least one of those guys, right? Right?). If that doesn't happen, and the team implodes & becomes really putrid, then so be it... I just can't fully fathom/wrap my head around being positive about & cheering for (TANK FOR WIGGINS!!! TANKMANIA!!!) a deliberate push to wash away an entire season (I'm not used to dealing with that possibility anyway :p ). One last thought:

Making matters worse, the Lakers lost their L.A. basketball monopoly.

Ehhhh, I'm not sure about that. Sure, right ******* now the Clippers are the more balanced (WTF, did I just really post that?) franchise, with the better chance of winning a championship, but despite it all, this will always be a Laker town. Yeah, the Clippers having finally shown themselves to be respectable, a worthy adversary, but that can't 100% fully eliminate the cultural domination the Lakers have had here in Los Angeles.

14. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Cavs get Bynum! I think I'm excited I think!

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm beyond excited! That's freaking awesome!

Only six million guaranteed out of 24 million total. Freaking Bynum to the Cavs!

16. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Congrats! I hope he scores triple as much for you as he did for us last season! [face_party]

17. xblackout

xblackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 5, 2008
    I'm really excited about this right now but I'm just waiting for the inevitable "God Hates Cleveland" moment that follows!

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    You mean when Bynum and Andy crash into each other going for a rebound and both land on Kyrie?

19. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    That sounds pretty spot-on.

20. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Plus, following that Simmons article, he could push the Cavs into like an 8-seed and out of the lottery during the one draft that IS deep and has a surefire first pick! Go Cleveland!

21. xblackout

Jun 5, 2008
    [face_plain]

22. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    What are the Milwaukie Bucks doing?

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  24. epic

Jul 4, 1999
  25. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    AK-47 to Brooklyn! LET'S GO (Paul Pierce/KG, anyone but the Heat) NETS!