main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

That was essentially all the "excitement" in the Lakers/Suns game tonight, which ended in a 7 point win for Phoenix. At their current rate (losers of 6 in a row, 12 out of their last 13), the Lakers are averaging a win about every 2 weeks, which means on this current Grammy trip (6 more games to go, and some teams featured ahead on the trip: the resurgentish Knicks, Miami & Toronto), 1 win (maybe 2!) will be considered a success.

[​IMG]

Either Swaggy P is overreacting, or this team plain has given up on each other. Weeeeeeeeeee!

I usually get annoyed when Lucy, my pet chihuahua, gets her chew toy & wants to play fetch as I'm watching a game... not tonight. In fact, the percentage of fetch time during games will no doubt increase between now & April. :p

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    The damnable Eastern Conference is so wretched that even when Philly is legitimately trying to "develop players" tank, we are still only 3 games out of a playoff spot. Goodbye, Jabari Parker... it was a nice dream while it lasted.

3. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
  4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I think the colors might be worse than the sleeves.

5. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Those jerseys need to make like a tree and sleeve.

Juliet316 likes this.
  6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    If be happier if the all-star game featured nickname jerseys

xblackout likes this.
  7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    How much you think that a horrendous sleeved NBA jersey worn by LeBron would get on EBay in about 20 years especially if they only last for a few years?

I'd say $25,000 as a minimum.

8. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Well, we've done well since we've got Marc Gasol back- our defense relies on him. Bet the Lakers wish they had him.:p

9. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
  10. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    warriors/thunder round three tonight should be fun. pity no westbrook though.

11. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeah, my tank optimism has been pretty much depleted with this sudden surge of wins. I hate you, East

12. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Opted for the Irving player shirt

[​IMG]

13. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I hope it's not another 20 years in which the Lakers/Celtics rivalry is truly relevant again.

14. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    holy ****, durant.

DarthIntegral and DarthTunick like this.
  15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Holy ****, I saw the Cavs win a road game.

Also, Holy ****, Durant.

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    The Blazers are now 4-0 against the other two top teams in the West, or 5-0 if you include the Clippers in that tier. This bodes well for Portland making a deep playoff run!

17. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I think with the recent additions of James Johnson and Courtney Lee, the Grizzlies are dare I say - more athletic. And with Gasol back and a little chemistry being established, I think they will start making some noise here pretty soon.

Darth_Smeagol likes this.
  18. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    That was a great game to watch last night between Blazers/Spurs.

19. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Yeah the Blazers are real impressive this year. It's good to see how quickly they've been able to turn it around up there. Stotts is my early pick for COY.

20. New_York_Jedi

New_York_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Mar 16, 2002
    I was at the Lakers-Celtics game last night (no pictures, sorry Tunick), and let me tell you, I did not enjoy that ending one bit.

Anyways, Rondo looked rusty, obviously, but he turned in a great two minute stretch in the second quarter where he scored all 8 of his points on variety of lay ups and such. My favorite moment of the game was probably when Rondo threw a gorgeous bounce pass to Humphries who went up to attempt a dunk, realized "**** this attempt will end worse than my marriage" and had to do an awkward layup he nearly blew.

And then I made it the bar to catch the end of Durant's torching of Golden State. Holy cow.

21. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    I think Milwaukee has a ligit chance vs Houston tonight.

22. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

We've been so spoiled by the return of actual meaning to the rivalry from (the fall of) '07-'12, that these next few seasons (who will improve first?!) between the two franchises will stink a little. Still, given that it had been 14 days since their last win, and they survived a bit of a Boston offensive onslaught in the 4th to comeback to win the game, a close/thrilling Laker win in Boston was nice to see. Gasol in semi-beast mode (he's been averaging close to 20ppg this month, but they've still been losing a ton of games), and excellent 3-point shooting helped last night, along with...

[​IMG]

KELLYSANITY!*

There was also (obviously) a lot of discussion among the Laker broadcasting crew about the chemistry issues, stemming from the Nick Young incident in Phoenix this past Wednesday. They normally doing a fine job in being objective, but they were selling the line that "all the problems are fixed now. This team will have each other backs!". Ehhhh, I'm not so sure about that. Swaggy P has too much pride to merely forget about what happened so fast.

*I've got a hunch that this was a one time/game thing.

23. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Paul George threw down a wicked 360 tonight. Dude is such a beast.

24. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    That dunk was a complete snooze. Dr. J's dunk against the Lakers-- now that was a dunk.

DarthTunick likes this.
  25. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

Near the top of my list of favorite dunks, if not my favorite (despite the circumstances).

Sent from my iPhone 5... take that, Wocky!