main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm really hoping the Nets can survive Round 1 and face the Heat in the second round. That would be epic!

LloydChristmas likes this.
  2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Final standings of Heat, Pacers, Bulls, Raptors, Nets, Wizards would be nice.

The difference between the Wizards and Pacers as opponents and the Nets and Heat is beyond drastic.

3. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Hell of a last quarter here

Come on Noah, 4 more points

4. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Yeah I want the Heat to have the 1 seed so they have to face the Bulls or the Nets in round 2.

5. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Heat win, Pacers lose, Bulls win, Toronto lose. Perfect.

6. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    This officially marks the first time in NBA history that the Lakers, Celtics, or Knicks will not be in the playoffs. :cool:

7. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    Ugh, yeah, not a good year for my boys in green, although that was to be expected. The good news is we have Brad Stevens, and like 17 first round picks over the next few years.

8. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    The Bucks were sold for 550 Mil. At least they get to stay in Milwaukee for now.

9. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Hah, the Heat's plan to avoid a possible match with the Nets in Round 2 has been foiled! Now the Nets have locked up the #6 seed, so that matchup can still happen!

10. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    OKC has to play Memphis again! LOL! Poor Durant.

11. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Posting to acknowledge the playoffs starting, keeping my mouth shut about everything because I'm superstitious.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Lamar Odom has signed with the Knicks.

13. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Though tonight was technically their final game, it was hard to notice as the Lakers season ended back in December. 27-55... a new franchise* record for futility! When my brother's kids ask about this decades from now, I can regale with them stories of Robert Sacre's dance moves, Swaggy P's 3-point shooting, KAMANMANIA, and Mike D'Antoni's various looks of disgust & vigorous time out calling. It'll be great!

Aside from thinking about the possibility of having a top-5 draft pick, what's kept me (relatively) sane basketball wise has been this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

The numbers** are a bit skewed for some of them, considering the team's terrible play, but it's an overall semi-accurate mark of how this usually plays out; there wasn't a single game without at least 1 in attendance, so that was nice.

Totals!:

Jack: 11 games attended, 30 missed

Lou Adler: 10 games attended, 31 missed

Yori Saneyoshi: 29 games attended, 12 missed

Kay Harrington: 24 games attended, 17 missed

"Kurt Cobain": 8 games attended, 33 missed (he's off next season's list :p )

Norm Pattiz: 24 games attended, 17 missed

"Tim Conway": 29 games attended, 12 missed

Joe Smith & his wife- 14 games attended together, 25 missed; 2 games Joe attended by himself, 2 games in which they both were absent

Avi Lerner: 24 games attended, 17 missed

Patrick Soon-Shiong: 30 games attended, 11 missed

And the most faithful of the bunch this season...

[​IMG]

Dyan Cannon: 33 games attended, 8 missed

There's likely to be new additions for next season's list. The hobbies I keep... :p

*[​IMG]

From a couple of days ago... clearly in better spirits than many of the fans. :p

**I more than realize that 1) Nobody may give a ****, and 2) Many of you will likely find this to be weird.

heels1785 , Runjedirun and xblackout like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    33-49 for the Cavs. 9 wins better than last year. We are improving. Wish we could have gotten into the play-offs but we are getting closer.

15. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Blazers finish with an impressive 54-28 record, much much better than last year! This series with the Rockets is going to be intense.

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I mean this with all sincerity: Portland's got to win that series.

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    Perfect ending to the season. Wizards and Pacers beats Nets and Heat. Huzzah!

18. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Aug 28, 2013
    Pretty good 30 for 30 tonight on the Bad Boys.

DarthTunick likes this.
  19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

I loved it! Despite knowing much of what was presented, there was still some nuggets of information here & there (an example: Jordan's comments concerning Detroit before the concluding game of the '91 ECF) that were new to me. Concerning that tidbit, Isiah may disagree with me ( :p ), along with others, but I loved the Pistons walking off the court before the conclusion of that game (4)/series. It completely fit their whole aura, identity & so forth.

Also, during the discussion of the '88 Finals (games 6 & 7), this particular play was given attention:

Foul, say what?! Talking about a superstar getting a call. :p I was certainly not surprised about the focus on that, but what did surprise me was the lack of focus & mention on this*:

Specifically, from the 1:51 mark to 2:07. Yeah, it was a different culture in the NBA during the 80's (even with I'm about to say, there's something so damn cool about the court storming), but look at the chaos there... media, fans & players already on the court as Laimbeer tries to inbound it, Magic tripping Isiah once the ball is inbounded. Sure, Detroit was down 3, and could have easily missed a 3-point attempt, but I think there's more of a gripe (well, it should be) about that chaos than the phantom foul call in game 6. I suppose since they did go on to win the next 2 titles, the overall feeling of that goal getting accomplished anyway (even if a chance of a rare 3-peat was lost) soothed any gripes about how game 7 ended. Maybe. :p

*Of course I'm slightly playing Devil's Advocate here... despite recognizing the legit gripe Detroit/their fans can have about it, that won't make me appreciate such a great & classic Laker bit of history any less.

20. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    As someone without access to cable or ESPN and who became a Knicks fan in the 90's when Riley was coach it was interesting to see the clips of him coaching the Lakers.

Guys on the radio were talking about this on my drive home from work last night. What they said that caught my interest: It's a shame Isiah's career ended at 32 with an achiles injury and they mentioned who's trying to come back from that injury now.

I always think of Isiah as a big embarrassment to my favorite franchise. Never saw him play and I don't care for him.

Here's hoping Westbrook doesn't get hurt and the Thunder have a better showing in the play-offs this year!

21. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm predicting that the higher seed wins every first round matchup, with the exceptions of the Nets and Blazers. Only the Heat will get a first round sweep.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG]

If Oladipo somehow wins Rookie of the Year, the whole thing is a rigged travesty.

23. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Nets pull off a solid win over the Raptors today. I really hope they can win this series, because I think the Nets are the only team capable of defeating the Heat.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    warriors hanging tough. way too many fouls in this game though.

25. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    STOP TALKING