Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

I think Brooklyn has the best chance of surviving, and thus posing a real threat to Miami. Should Indiana advance along, I've got no faith in them currently to beat the Heat.
  2. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah the Heats road looks a lot easier now, rather than a month or two ago.
  3. Souderwan Chosen One

star 6
    I've become less worried about the Heat being beat in the East. The Spurs are seriously surprising me...I was thinking this was there year. Now I'm not so sure...
  4. tom Chosen One

star 6
    i think the west is just really stacked 1-8.
  5. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah. It's probably the case that 8 of the best nine teams in the league are in the West.
  6. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Normally, despite how stacked the conference is, Dallas being up 2-1 on San Antonio would be the story of the West playoffs thus far (well, at least a bigger story), but of course that's changed since the Sterling "incident" this weekend. Needless to say, game 5 in L.A. on Tuesday is going to be rather interesting/fascinating; can't wait to watch the local broadcast for that game, in particular for Ralph Lawler's take on all of this.

Doc Rivers unsure of his team's chances
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Apr 27, 2014
  7. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    Bill Simmnons confirmed on the ESPN post - game show that he'll be at Staples Tuesday.
  8. xblackout Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 4
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  9. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    These close series are starting to get chippy, gotta love that.
    timmoishere likes this.
  10. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    This Blazers-Rockets series is definitely the most entertaining of them all. Glad to see my Blazers pull off the comeback win!
  11. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Wes, was the hero of that game. He was all over the court, mostly on the ground. Nice job Blazers.
  12. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
  13. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I know it's not Dwight Howard's fault per se as to why Houston is down 3-1, but I will delight* in their deficit anyway.

*Despite the tremendous respect I have for Harden & McHale
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Apr 27, 2014
  14. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Heroes all around. But the biggest kudos go to Mo Williams for that HUGE 3 towards the end of the 4th quarter.

Having four starters score 20+ apiece is also pretty sweet!
    LloydChristmas and xblackout like this.
  15. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    So, Magic Johnson apparently wants to buy the Clippers.

Not quite as good a resolution as moving them to Seattle, but I'd take it.

Added bonus: Tunick's reaction to a Laker legend running the Clippers.
    Souderwan likes this.
  16. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    I just can't get over how crazy this sequence was:
    [IMG]
    I was on the edge of my seat, screaming so loud at the TV.
  17. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
    What are the rules for that? I mean would Magic have to divest himself of his Dodgers ownership in order to buy the Clippers like the NFL makes people give up ownership of other pro team properties before purchasing a franchise?

This has prompted even Michael Jordan to comment on the situation.
  18. tom Chosen One

star 6
    huh? doesn't paul allen own the blazers and the seahawks?
  19. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah, as far as I know, the only limitations are on people owning two franchises in the same league.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  20. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I think the NFL has a rule against ownership in two different markets, but that clearly wouldn't apply here.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  22. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

My first reaction:

[IMG]

"Earvin? WTF, man?!

Second reaction: I find it presumptuous that many folks are just jumping on the Magic bandwagon for this... other folks (not that I can think of anyone else presently, but still...) ought to be considered here.

Third reaction: It's one thing (as the following examples, despite the national exposure they get, obviously don't play/represent La La Land) to not mind as much when Phil got hired by the Knicks (since he did start his NBA career there), or for Pat Riley (although of course I wasn't cognizant of his Laker achievements until well after they happened, that's beside the point; he'll always have a lifetime pass from me :p) to be the architect of the current Heat squad most of us loathe, but to have an uber Laker legend running that other team in town, the bastard step-child? Oooh, too much weirdness. Too much umbrage & annoyance possibly ahead.

Fourth reaction: Obviously I can more than understand why Magic would want to do this, and certainly don't begrudge him in attempting to do so. Just don't it, Earvin!* Focus on your other business interests, including the Dodgers... most of us are still waiting to get that new TV network of theirs, goddamnit. Nearly a month of games already missed!

*Unless you move the team to Anaheim
  23. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 7
  24. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I really wish the Clipper players had boycotted yesterday's game, or were to boycott (it won't happen) tomorrow's game. Sure, Sterling has already won financially (the tickets already being sold, etc), but why not send such a powerful message? Why not create a bit of ****storm relating to this?
  25. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    They played their butts off to get to this point. Why let that ******* ruin all their hard work?

That being said, I'd be very surprised if Paul, Griffin and Rivers were on the team next year if Sterling isn't forced to sell.