Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    .... that is sooooo not even funny.
  2. dp4m Chosen One

star 9

Um... the Thunder are the Zombie Sonics, Juliet...
  3. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8

I'm more tired than I thought I was.:oops:
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    oh. i thought that was something ESPN had said. yea. almost said something. yay misreading.
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    No the error was mine. I mixed up the Thunder and the Wizards for some reason.
  6. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Zombie Bullets, perhaps. Bullets in drag, maybe.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  7. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    doesn't have the same ring to it at all.
  8. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    And the wizards had a sensible reason for changing their name, as they didn't want to be associated with gun violence (IIRC, DC's gun violence was really really bad around the time of the name change)
  9. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I just like to point out the inherent comedy of a player known as "The Truth" taking his talents to Washington, D.C., where that nickname will fit right in.
  10. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Great trade by the Nets to get Pierce last year!
    DarthTunick likes this.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    wasn't it though? the nets are totally great since they got bought and moved.
  12. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    They clearly couldn't...

:p
    Juliet316 likes this.
  13. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Was hoping he'd go to the Clips or somewhere in the West to avoid the Cavs. I'm not sure I'm prepared to root for LeBron against Paul Pierce right now (or ever again, if I'm really honest). To say nothing of KG or the Spurs. Really fell in love with those guys.
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jul 12, 2014
  14. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess I'm due to say something, but I don't really know what to say. Or how to say what I'm feeling, I guess. I'm really confused. The last few years have been me pouring a lot of energy into hating a guy that I loved. A guy that made me fall in love with basketball. I was in a really weird spot in my life, in kind of a bad emotional place...and I fell in love with that team. I fell in love with watching the games, hanging out with my dad on the couch at night, cheering them on. He gave us all hope. He gave Cleveland hope. He made it all seem not so bad. And like @LloydChristmas said, it felt like he was one of us. It felt like he understood, but then he made us all look and feel really ****ing stupid.

So what happened really cut deep. But man...he's coming back. He's coming home. And I can't help but feel excited. I'm gradually coming around. It's just...it's a lot of hurt feelings to let go. Over that time I fell in love with Pierce and KG and the Spurs. It's going to be weird and it's going to be hard but it's also going to be so exciting. So yeah, I realize this is disjointed and not very eloquent, but it's the best I can make of everything I'm feeling right now.

But I do have to say...

Welcome back.
    Last edited by xblackout, Jul 13, 2014
  15. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
  16. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    I'll agree with this. We may forgive him (I won't. Not for a long while anyway) but we won't forget. Before this Lebron was high up on the list of who I wanted this title for. Now the top 3 in no particular order Cleveland, the Cavs, Ohio. Then Anderson Varejao (or however you spell it), Kyrie Irving, the tv announcers, the PA announcer, the other players, the fans and Lebron way at the bottom. I'm in it for everyone else.
  18. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

[IMG]

:p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 14, 2014
    Juliet316 likes this.
  19. DarthIntegral Game Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    So, I think I've decided I don't want the Cavaliers to trade for Kevin Love.

Why?

Because, as LeBron put it, nothing comes easy in NE Ohio. And to add LeBron and Love in a single offseason ... That would really feel like trying to take a shortcut to a title, much like the Heat in 2010.

Let's let this team grow together. Take their lumps. And allow Wiggins to grow. That way, the window in Cleveland can be unbelievably long. And, they'll earn any title that comes their way.

(Note: this is me being ideological and philosophical. I'd still accept a Love deal, and would celebrate any title that might come with it)
    DarthTunick likes this.
  20. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    The Asik to NOLA deal became a three teamer yesterday:

Pelicans:
    Center Omer Asik, small forward Omri Casspi and $1.5 million in cash from Houston

Rockets:
    From NOLA: small forward Alonzo Gee, shooting guard Scotty Hopson and 2015 protected first-round pick
    From Washington: small forward Trevor Ariza

Wizards:
    unguaranteed contract of Melvin Ely from New Orleans, while creating an $8.5 million trade exception through Ariza's exit
    Last edited by EBSaints, Jul 14, 2014
    DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    [IMG]

@dp4m, @Point Given

@DarthIntegral You make very valid points there concerning the Cleveland-Love connection... the Cavs as currently constructed can still make waves in the East.

Of course should the Cleveland-Love connection not occur, that leaves the Lakers with the slightest of chances of getting the Love! :p
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 14, 2014
  22. Point Given Mod of Literature and Community

Manager
    star 5
    Yeah, we had our best player, and absolutely nobody else. Tyson and Bargnani were injured for half the year and Tyson never really recovered so we had basically no big men since STAT is a glorified 7th man at this point in his career. And J.R and Shump both lost their shot. And Felton was Felton. Melo had to do everything. Now we have a healthy big man in Dalembert and an upgrade at PG with Calderon. If we resist trading Hardaway, we'll snag a playoff spot. Probably the highest we'll get is the 6th but its something for next year when all our big contracts come off the books.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  23. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Isola is a joy to follow on Twitter, as he can be such as prickish troll in a way that's entertaining... the anti-Skip Bayless.
  24. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    Not only what PG said, but also that -- as constructed -- the Bulls were entirely geared around defense and people that bought into the system. When you have even Tyson Chandler not playing defense any longer because it's just not worth it... good luck with that.

Also, combined with the injuries therein it was like a Lebron-Cavs team with Melo and 10 dead guys on a roster.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  25. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Or like the Heat in the Finals this year BOOM LET'S GO
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jul 14, 2014
    xblackout, PRENNTACULAR, dp4m and 3 others like this.