Arena NBA discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

1. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
    I'm watching the 76ers/Cavs game in LV and it's the first chance I've had to see the obvious & impressive improvements that Bennett has made. Having less pressure and focus on him has paid dividends. He has dropped 20 lbs and he is solid at both ends of the court. Good for him.
    DarthTunick and xblackout like this.
  2. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I've read as much as well, so hopefully that translates to a better sophomore campaign*; if that occurs, and as such he gets serious playing time/is a key contributor for the Cavs, then they'd be the 1st team since the late ('87-'89) Showtime Lakers (Magic-Kareem-Worth- Mychal Thompson) to have four #1 picks playing on the same team. Despite all of the circumstances which led to that, it's still a rather nifty bit of reality/trivia.

*Of course if Bennett resumes his role as The Notorious D.N.P., that bit of trivia doesn't really matter... sure, it would still be technically true, but not worth mentioning really.
  3. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Wade gets a 4/60 deal? Wow. That's gonna be worse than Kobe's in the next year or two at most. Heat should have just blown it up, they're gonna be just middle of the road now.
  4. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat drop to the 6 seed or worse.

In fact, I'm gonna go ahead and make my East playoff predictions now:

1) Cavs
    2) Pacers
    3) Wizards
    4) Raptors
    5) Bulls
    6) Heat
    7) Nets
    8) Bucks
  5. Juliet316 Chosen One

star 8
    It's apparently a 2 year deal with a player option for the other two.

Also former Mr. Kardashian, Kris Humpries was dealt to the Wizards in a sign and trade.
    Last edited by Juliet316, Jul 15, 2014
  6. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Ugh Mike Miller.

At least he was with Memphis last year.
  7. xblackout Force Ghost

star 4
  8. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, at least he should be coming off the bench. right?
  9. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    SIGN. MO. WILLIAMS.
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jul 15, 2014
    DarthIntegral and xblackout like this.
  10. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    Simmons on 'Melo

@dp4m, @Runjedirun, @Point Given, @LloydChristmas

A rather nifty view there on 'Melo's career, and so forth... one of my favorite Simmons columns of late; also some very sailent points concerning the Lakers. Jimmy 'Boy' Buss? Not a bad nickname, though I still prefer 'Fredo'.

Doc Rivers (continues) facing challenges with the Clippers

1) It's such sweet, sweet music to my fair-skinned reddish ears to read how much that 2010 Lakers triumph over the Celtics still haunts, and causes much consternation for him (and Thibs); this is also why I'm not all that upset that Gasol's gone, or that Metta World Artest turned into too of much a hit-or-miss (pun there NOT intended) player after that series... receivers of the "Pat Riley lifetime pass" from NBA-related criticism. :p

2) In a perverse, completely not rational in-a-sports way logic, I'm pleased to see that Donald Sterling's utter prickishness thus far this summer has continued to cast a pall over the Clippers. From my POV, just a bit too much praise was heaped upon Rivers for his role in keeping the Clippers focused on actual basketball matters during the playoffs, his righteous "I can't believe Sterling said THAT!" attitude post-Stiviano. It was the worst kept open "secret" out here in Los Angeles -in the same way that enough people know that In N Out is insanely overrated, but won't dare say it- concerning Sterling scumbagness, but yet Mr. Integrity decided to be his head coach anyway, instead of perhaps shining a national spotlight on The Donald pre-Stiviano. Sterling is the wrong man stirring the bad karma soup for the Clippers, but hey, at least it's still happening.
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 16, 2014
  11. Condition2SQ Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I like Lance Stephenson to the Hornets. As long as Vonleh isn't a complete bust, they could be a Top 4 team in the East next year. That'd be great if they had a breakout season in their first year as the Hornets.

You're dead to me.
    Last edited by Condition2SQ, Jul 16, 2014
  12. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I didn't say that I didn't like it... the animal style fries are AMAZING, and the burgers -no matter how you prefer 'em- objectively taste good. I just feel that there are better burgers to be found out here, and that people overcompensate/get too ridiculous for their In N Out love (much of that sentiment can apply to the Laker Girls as well :p ).

@A Chorus of Disapproval Joel Embiid is really good at Twitter

You know that already, but still...
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 16, 2014
  13. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Cavs sign James Jones to a 1-year deal.

Alright, let's go Spurs for the 2015 title! Cavs you can wait a year, just get our boys some playoff experience.
  14. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    And Mike Miller on the way possibly.
  15. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    He already signed. [face_plain]

Luckily I've spent the last 4 years heavily invested in teams like the Spurs Bulls and Thunder, so I'm totes okay continuing to do that while hoping those two ****s find their way off the team.
    Last edited by LloydChristmas, Jul 16, 2014
  16. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Riot Deterrent

Manager
    star 7
  17. DarthIntegral Chosen One

star 7
    I'm okay with Miller for two reasons:

1) He's a vet who has playoff experience, and our young kids (Irving and Waiters, especially) can learn from him
    2) He's demonstrating that veterans will take less to come to Cleveland and play with LeBron ... something that didn't happen during LeBron 1.0.
    DarthTunick likes this.
  18. heels1785 Community & Prequel Trilogy Manager

Manager
    star 6
    epic likes this.
  19. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    Bulls paying for Boozer to play no defence whatsoever for the Lakers next year

He is pretty awesome on the sideline tho
    DarthTunick likes this.
  20. PRENNTACULAR VIP

star 6
    i'm worried i'm gonna get he and sacre confused if they sit on the bench together
    DarthTunick likes this.
  21. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10

Given my mild-to-semi-positive expectations as to how next season could go if certain things fall into place (chief among them, Kobe's health), I'm essentially nonplussed about this (and the Ed Davis signing, too).
    Last edited by DarthTunick, Jul 17, 2014
  22. dp4m Chosen One

star 9
    BTW - Bomani Jones is awesome when he totally homers for the Lakers, Tunes.

"That's 'All-Star Starting Point Guard' Jeremy Lin to you, le Batard!"
    Last edited by dp4m, Jul 17, 2014
    DarthTunick likes this.
  23. LloydChristmas Force Ghost

star 4
    Mike Miller trying to get Ray Allen to come to Cleveland. "We got James Jones, now we're moving Miami to northeast Ohio," he said.

**** OFF MIKE MILLER

**** OFF

I SO HOPE THE SPURS WIN THE TITLE WITH YOUR ASS ON THE BENCH NEXT YEAR

AND IF RAY ALLEN SIGNS I HOPE THEY WIN EVERY YEAR UNTIL HE RETIRES

**** OFF MIKE MILLER
    xblackout and Force Smuggler like this.
  24. Force Smuggler Chosen One

star 6
    Exactly! Keep that Miami garbage down there! This is Cleveland damn it!
    xblackout likes this.
  25. darth_gersh Force Ghost

star 6
    Ray should go and retire with Milwaukee.