main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. Condition2SQ

Condition2SQ Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    I found a pretty sweet hat for Tunick at the mall.

[​IMG]

2. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    i want that hat!

Darth Tunes likes this.
  3. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Condition2SQ That's a niiiice shirt you got there.

Concerning Kobe: IF his body can withstand the rigors of the season, I don't see why he can't put up an average between 23-25ppg; this team has the potential to be a slightly better version of the '05-'06 squad- the difference in Kobe's age & health are balanced out, as I see it, by a better supporting cast. Give me the likes of Jeremy Lin, Carlos Boozer, Nick Young, Julius Randle & others (Ryan Kelly, Jordan Hill and Xavier Henry) over Smush Parker, Chris Mihm & Sasha Vujacic any day.

Concerning the bigger picture: Unless an out-of-the-blue trade occurs within the next 2-years (coupled with surprising Lakers squad, ala the '07-'08 team), or he's healthy enough to play until he's 40 (and thus, among other things/oossiblities, giving him a chance to pass Kareem as the all-time scorer... don't put that possibility past Kobe), Bryant's career in The Finals is over. The post-Kobe Lakers? I don't want think about that yet. :p

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  5. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

Just a month to go!

:D

6. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    it was a mistake if the cavs were building for three years from now. that is absolutely not what they were doing though.

Darth Tunes and DarthIntegral like this.
  7. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i know that's not what they're doing. i just think they're going to regret it long term is all.

8. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    not if they win even one title in the short term. much less if they win more.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  9. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    guess we'll see. i had someone mention that it'd be hilarious if wiggins was what stopped them from winning the finals. given that it's cleveland it'd certainly be apropos.

10. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    tom New Saturday-alternate uni's for the Dubs in '14-'15:

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

I find the blue on the shorts to be unnecessary, but I still aesthetically like it, despite my inherent dislike of day-specific alternate uniforms.

tom likes this.
  11. Chance the Jedi

Chance the Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 25, 2005
    I never really liked the sleeved jerseys, but those look pretty awesome.

Kinda reminds me of the Lakers' hollywood nights jersey

12. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

The "hostage" look.

[​IMG]

The "I've got to laugh about all of this, or else I'll go numb with anger" look.

And then there's this moment of team bonding:

[​IMG].

Where the hell is Sacre***?!

:p

Despite the outlook for this season, that video still gave me the chills. :D ; it's entirely possible that I'm a bit too happy for Media Day 2014.

***https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/3429E3010C1128533074615967744_27d67064107.5.1.9433951359767388433.mp4?versionId=VyrdRbltRwKiNZpQj_Urrrshbi8KZjIj]Here's[/url] your fix.

PS:

[​IMG]

Already with the mindless drama over there... I may have to start lurking only when I'm drunk from here on out.

13. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Darth Tunes ... thoughts on the new court the Cavs unveiled today?

[​IMG]

The C logo at center court is still WAY to big, and the court is a bit busy. But I like the addition of the Cleveland skyline.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  14. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    What I like: The navy blue 'round the court; the skyline; the 'all for one... one for all' lettering below the skyline; the overall wine & gold look.

What I don't like: The aforementioned largeness of the 'C' at mid-court***; the placement of the 'Quicken Loans Arena' lettering being way too close (one of 'em ought to be in the opposite corner, left or right) to each other; the 'Cleveland' right above the skyline shouldn't be there; the 'Cleveland Cavaliers' lettering at each baseline should just read 'Cleveland'.

***Instead of the 'C', why couldn't this be the mid-court logo?:

[​IMG].

Update it -though that look is classic/great one- to fit the current aesthetic, and you might just have an instant classic there.

One last thing from the Lakers media day:

[​IMG].

Sacre ought to be required to wear that every time he plays this season.

15. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    probably because that's not the cav's logo anymore.

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

17. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, sorry. misread that. badly.

Darth Tunes likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    To keep fans excited about the rebuild, they just released the media day pics of the 2018 Champion 76ers 4 years in advance.
    [​IMG]

19. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    [​IMG]

The injury plague has begun early this season...

20. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Some interesting NBA happenings already occurring on this Monday... well, perhaps you won't find all or any of this interesting, but still...

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11652297/nba-extends-television-deals-espn-tnt]NBA[/url] reaches new (well, extends their already existing) agreements with ESPN/ABC & Turner; to begin with the '16-'17 season

Though not mentioned in that article, according to Silver (during the press conference for this), there's also going to be an NBA awards show at some point.

[​IMG]

The Hawks unveiled their new court:

[​IMG].

What's not to love about the return (well, redesigned) of the Hawks Pac-Man logo? Too bad, though, it's not for a franchise with a great fan base.

And finally, in the "this continues to be weird, for many reasons" department:

[​IMG].

As NBA TV's been running old LeBron/Cavs games lately from his Original Cleveland Era, my brother naturally has DVR'ed some of those, so I decided to gander a bit when I saw that game on the list... the ticker there is what got my attention. Sure, a blowout win against Maccabi Tel Aviv in a preseason opener isn't any-sort-of real news, but the juxtaposition there is interesting enough... maybe? :p

21. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Darth Tunes - Saw on ESPN this morning that Kobe played in last night's preseason game against the Nuggets and the Lakers won.:)

22. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the new tv deal is worth $24b? wow. will be interesting to see how this effects player salaries and so on. owners v players all over again? i'm sure i read somewhere that the new deal coincides with LeBron and Durant's potential new contracts, too. smart. Melo? not so smart.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    The NBA could take a page out of the MLS salary playbook, and introduce the designated player mechanism.

Each team can sign one player using this mechanism. They count as a max salary vs the cap, but the team can pay them whatever amount they want.

Let's the super duper stars reach a new level of compensation.
    Helps, somewhat, mitigate the creation of super teams.
    Gives dumb owners and front offices another way to seriously **** up.

24. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000

The most important thing being that he looked rather good out there/didn't get himself injured, etc; didn't watch too much of it -as I was busy seeing the Dodgers choke away their playoff game-, but from what I did see, and read about, it was a rather solid night for the whole team (in particular: Lin, Nash, Randle and Hill).

Also:

[​IMG].

That Lakers logo placement is good enough for the preseason in San Diego, but not for the regular season at Staples? Schmucks!

25. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005