main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena The NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Nov 16, 2006.

?

Which team is the favorite to win the title?

1. Boston Celtics

8.7%
  2. Cleveland Cavaliers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Dallas Mavericks

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Denver Nuggets

39.1%
  5. Los Angeles Lakers

4.3%
  6. Miami Heat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Milwaukee Bucks

34.8%
  8. Phoenix Suns

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other

13.0%
  1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, umm, the Cavs just opened the game with a 21-0 run.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That's more like it.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  3. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    So I was at the Nets/Cavs game that the royal couple attended. For the first half plus, LeBron looked like he was floating-- not really driving, posting up only to run the ball back out past the 3, allowing the the offense to rely on Love midrange shots in a close game.

Then the Prince and Princess arrived during play in the 3rd. I should note that Barclay's is a pretty quiet arena in the regular season, and the reaction to the hurricane of security and other people out of the tunnel was louder than anything up to that point.

And LeBron went NUTS. He'd flyyyyy down the court in transition. You could tell he was trying to throw the hammah down. I swear he had FOMO as Jay/Bey went and got their handshakes. He tossed approx. 14209849384 alley-oops to Tristan Thompson.

All that is to say that, despite how he's looked off to start the season...I'm stoked to see this team in some more bright light games.

xblackout and Point Given like this.
  4. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    You better have taken some pics.

Juliet316 likes this.
  5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Nice win by the Grizz tonight. Now if we can just beat the goddamn Spurs... :p

6. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Jabari Parker done for the year with a ACL.

Totally sucks for him and my Bucks.

7. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Grizzlies/Spurs tonight has been ridiculously amazing... onto the 3rd overtime!

8. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Finally beat the Spurs! Hope we can keep this momentum going.

9. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Show of hands...before the season started, who predicted that the first four teams to reach 20 wins would be the Raptors, Grizzlies, Blazers and Warriors?

10. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    ROOOOOOONDOOOOOOO!!!!!

Man this is exciting.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
  12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    after kd got hurt, i can't say it's that surprising. i probably wouldn't have picked those four but there hasn't been a really shocking team this year. the warriors being this good is a bit surprising, but they've been building a solid core for a few years and it seems like they might finally have the right coach.

excited for rondo on the mavs. the west is going to end up being a lot of fun. hope kd isn't out too long with that ankle.

13. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    a lot of people don't think steve kerr is even really doing much besides riding the coat-tails of marc jackson and co. least, that's what i'd been seeing when i looked. not entirely sure how much i agree with it though.

14. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
  15. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    OMG I FLAILED

16. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I can't wait to see Durant (if he's able to play, DUH) or Westbrook drop 40+ on the Lakers tonight.

LloydChristmas likes this.
  17. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Per Olbermann, Mark Cuban finalized the Rondo deal while sitting in the green room of The Colbert Report finale, while chatting with Sam Waterston, Jeff Daniels, KO, and a "dismayed" UN Ambassador Samantha Power.

That's a good story.

18. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Hella intense game between the Spurs and Blazers tonight.

Edit: It's finally over! Blazers pull off a tough win, and the Spurs lose their second triple OT game in a row. Wow.

19. Dark Lord Of The Empire

Dark Lord Of The Empire Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2013
    That was a heck of a performance by Lillard. It's always good to see guys that love the pressure of those moments and thrive in them.

20. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    obviously, kerr liked what the warriors had which is why he went there, and he's been reluctant to make many personnel changes. putting barnes back in the starting lineup and bringing iggy off the bench has been a big one though. iguodala's numbers are way down, but he's been the ultimate role player. just totally unselfish and doing whatever the team needs on any given night. also putting green in the starting lineup has been huge, as he's been their most versatile defender and another guy who doesn't look for his offense. most coaches probably would have replaced lee in the starting lineup with a more traditional power forward like speights, but going with green has been the right move. it will be interesting to see how kerr plays it when lee is finally healthy.

system-wise there are definitely similarities to jackson's system, with the focus on defense, but i see a lot more fluid and open offensive game and it's been really beautiful to watch. i mean when the only key piece changing is the coach it's hard to not give that change at least some of the credit when the team is this drastically improved.

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  21. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    i figured a lot of it was kerr, honestly. but i haven't been able to watch, and about all i've seen was what some people said. i wasn't precisely buying what they were selling though.

22. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    D-D-D-D-DIIIIIIIONNNN!!!!!

23. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/12072698/kobe-bryant-status-vs-golden-state-warriors-uncertain-los-angeles-lakers-coach-byron-scott-says]Kobe[/url] uncertain to play against Golden State tonight; Scott is thinking of resting him for some games in the future

He might as well sit tonight, for Golden State is going to smoke 'em out of Staples; NO way he misses the Christmas game.

After their 1st 3-game winning streak (which included a very nice win in San Antonio) in little over a year, they've lost 3-in-a-row, including that home game this past Friday against OKC, one in which Kobe bricked a potential game-winner at the buzzer (which was followed up by an 8-30 performance in Sacramento on Sunday). That lead to this:

http://www.lakersnation.com/jeremy-lin-on-kobe-taking-final-shot-i-like-game-winners-too/2014/12/19/]Jeremy[/url] Lin: "I like game winners too."

There's a reason you were demoted to the bench, schmuck. Good grief. :p

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Tunick, save yourself some grief, and start watching college basketball now. That way you can get your hopes up come draft lottery time.

25. timmoishere

Jun 2, 2007
    Lillard vs Westbrook, wow, what a battle! Each scored 40 points. Such a great game.